What's happening at 7602 Racing.

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by Colo moto, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Hey husky guys and gals. I have been getting a good amount of emails asking about the new product projects we have going on. So here's a thread letting you all know what's happening.

The high priority project right now is the clutch slave cylinder piston. This project leapfrogged the water pump impeller project after I DNF'ed a very fun race when my clutch slave cylinder got ruined by the stock piston. We designed a better piston with extended piston skirt, and a quad ring for better sealing. We also moved the quad ring back so it does not travel over the same path as the stock o ring. This ensures that even if the stock cylinder is gouged out, the new piston has clean, unharmed walls to seal against. There are a handfull of riders around the country testing these right now and so far things are looking good. I have also been running one of these for about 10 hours now and am happy with the performance. I am using it in my stock, gouged out cylinder and it's working like a charm. I keep a close watch on the fluid level and it has not leaked a drop yet.
    [IMG][/IMG]

The water pump impeller project is still happening, but I have to keep setting it aside to make more parts that we already offer. Making more axle blocks right now. Business has been good lately, and I thank you all more than you can know for keeping me busy. I have also been running the new impeller for a while now and so far so good but I haven't had the time to properly test it back to back with the stocker to get actual performance numbers. Hopefully soon.

I'll try to keep this thread updated so you all know when these will be available. Thank you all very much for your interest and support.

clay
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :applause:

Looks great!

:thumbsup:
  3. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks for running such a great site that makes it so easy to communicate with customers. Much easier than 50 emails. :thumbsup:
  4. markymark83 Husqvarna
    A Class

Looks Awesome, I def plan on getting one of these if you ship to Australia.
  5. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    When the production ones are done we will definitely ship to Australia. :thumbsup:
  6. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Sweet niblets Colo Moto, that is a good looking piston! Keep up the R&D.
  7. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks, so far all reports are positive. Pistons are working great, even in some already worn out slave cylinders that were leaking with the stock piston.
  8. Pete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    PLEASE can i buy one. I dont care if its a prototype and has no warranty...

(i am serious)
  9. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    We should start a production run of these early next week. So far I'm really happy with the results we're getting. Got a bunch spread out across the country in some really worn out slave cylinders. The results are looking pretty good so far.
  10. markymark83 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hell yes, can't wait. Got a few mates in Aus interested in getting these too. :thumbsup:
  11. Pete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    So, when will they be ready and how much will they be?
  12. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    They should most likely be ready in 2-4 weeks. The price is not set yet, but expect it to be lower than a stock replacement piston. Stockers sell for about $50. USD
  13. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Pistons are coming along nicely. With just a tad of good luck they should go to the anodizers late this coming week. I should be shipping them sometime around the 21st of August.

Production versions are 7075 Alum, and will be hard anodized. They will come with the quad ring already installed, and extra quad rings will be available if you want to keep extras on hand. These are a special size quad ring and will not fit on the stock piston.
  14. markymark83 Husqvarna
    A Class

Sweet. Got a few guys here that will be very interested.

Any Idea on prices yet?
  15. Pete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    Can we pre order? I dont wanna miss out.

Will these fit 05 - 09 ? or 08/09 only?
  16. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Web page has been updated so anyone who wants to pre order can. Price is $42.99 OEM piston from a dealer runs right around $60 bucks and slave cylinder somewhere around $100. Should begin shipping around the 26th of August. Thanks.

http://7602racing.com/prod_clutch_piston.php
  17. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    Woo, I'm sold! Couple of questions though:

1) As Pete asks, what models / years do these cover?

2) Can I order a spare quad ring at the same time?
  18. wingnut Husqvarna
    B Class

Per the web site:
    Fits 250/310/450/510 Huskys 2004-2009
    Cheers
  19. Pete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    I have paid and ordered. But not that he mentions it, i would like to order a spare ring. How can i change my order?
  20. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com

Thanks for your order Pete. :thumbsup: How about if we do a Cafe Husky special? I'll toss in 1 free extra quad ring for anyone who wants to pre order a piston. This will be for pre orders only, once the pistons are done I will put up a link to buy them separately. Does that work for you guys?