What's happening at 7602 Racing.

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by Colo moto, Jul 2, 2009.

1. wingnut Husqvarna
    B Class

Works for me I'll be calling you!
    :cheers:
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks for your order Wingnut.:thumbsup: I'll let you know when your order ships.
  3. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

I placed an order for a piston and oring. It was asking for a paypal password after the order was placed. The website gave me a confirmation but I want to make sure it wen through.

Thanks again for another great product. I cant wait to try out the new piston and o-ring!
  4. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Yep, got it. Thanks!:cheers: I'll let you know when it ships.
  5. andyman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now THAT is SERVICE ! VERY cool of you to do that! :notworthy:

I'm likely going to a Rekluse and a left hand rear brake. Otherwise, I'd be all over this.
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I've been testing a "Pre-Production" version of the 7602 Racing piston and it's been working great. This really seems to fix the problem.

Plus side is that it also seems to have a very nice feel to it. Clutch pull may be lighter, but for sure it's smoother. Really nice plus to the fix.
  7. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

Just went on the site to look for the piston and couldn't find it?

Edit: Nevermind, got it...thanks!
  8. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

Colo,

I'll just give you a shout today because I also wanted to pick up one of the older oil filter covers in black if they are still available.
  9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to install one of these on a new bike as a preventive measure?

Do the '09's have the same issue?
  10. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Sounds good. :thumbsup:

Yeah the '09's use the same piston so they are prone to the same problems.
  11. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Ordered and paid. Thanks for sorting out the issue and making the part. :thumbsup: :applause:
  12. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks for your business Krieg. I'll let you know when it ships.
  13. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    How easy is it to change this thing out? I assume you have to drain the fluid and yank the slave cylinder, but does the piston just pop out? Also, how hard is re-filling and bleeding?

Thanks for any help.
  14. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com

It's pretty easy. Pull the slave cylinder. There is a snap ring holding the piston in that needs to be removed. After you do that, pull out the stock piston, and replace it with ours. Re insert the snap ring. Face the slave cylinder with the piston pointing down and give it a few light taps with a screwdriver handle to get the air out of the pocket that holds the spring in the piston. (this will be more clear when you take it apart) Bolt the slave cyclinder back on the engine. Bleed the system. I prefer to use a syringe and back bleed it, its faster and works better.

Don't pull the clutch lever when you have the slave cylinder off the bike. You can break the groove that the snap ring sets in.

That's about it, should take 20-30 minutes. The longest part is the bleeding.
  15. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    All excellent advice!

About the oil: If you're a "peace of mind" kind of person then you'll maybe want to use Magura's own oil, called "Blood". If your dirtbike dealer isn't nearby then the local mountain bike shop may have some. But it's expensive - or mebbe you need to top up in an emergency. I've been using 5 weight mineral fork oil for a couple of months now with no problems (it certainly works smoother than the slop that was in there when I got the bike). I'll wager that automatic transmission fluid would do too (although I haven't tried it). Even mineral oil like sewing machine oil (I think Colo moto has mentioned the stuff) or 3-in-1 (the kind your dad has in a little metal can with a spout to oil door hinges and his lawn mower) should be good to go IMO. Thin is good here - it's easier to get bubbles out and as as the clutch hose has a small bore and the return port in the m/cylinder is very small then heavy oil will make the clutch more sluggish.

Once you've reverse bled then angle the bars so the master cylinder is higher than any part of the hose with the lever end highest. Give the hose a few taps with your fingers to free up any bubbles and leave it a while (like overnight if you can wait that long!) Then give the clutch lever some rapid wiggles - moving the lever end 1/2" or so. If there is any trapped air you should see a froth of little bubbles escape from the return port.
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Wow. In all these years of visiting forums I believe this is the first time I've read anyone not liking the stock Magura Blood. Many have complained about the price of it, and have suggested a wide array of alternatives though...
  17. markymark83 Husqvarna
    A Class

Just ordered and paid for mine aswell as a few other things :D
  18. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks mate! :thumbsup:
  19. Pete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    Thats BRILLIANT.

I got 2 other mates with huskys i will tell them too.

THANKS HEAPS! for that .
  20. vlgu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi!

Just paid for my order. (Do I get an extra ring as well? I didn't read this thread before ordering, so I'm not sure).
    But I am very sure that when I get my new piston and start using it, many will follow my lead from Estonia, cause boys are struggling with orig.pistons.

BR