1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

What part/part number is this?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by gandalf, Jun 7, 2009.

1. bower100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250CR - '07 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    TY350Trials-BetaRev3-'77RM250-'80YZ
    Good deal from FBF.

Riding S.J.E.R. Dual Sport? I was thinking of going.

Dave
  2. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Definitely! I have about 5 or 6 friends that are coming and another CH member from North Jersey may be there too. I'll PM you contact info.
  3. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm going to say this even though it's fixed because I haven't seen any other comments about it, but according to that microfische, that cap would have to be ordered with item #1, meaning you can't get it individually, but it does come with the hole shebang.

By the way, a thread insert kit is a good something to have laying around, even if it is expensive. Even if you don't want to risk doing it yourself, at least you'll have the inventory on-hand so someone else can do it for you. Most any machinist who can tie his shoes can do it, having the parts on hand is usually the issue. Standing in the guy's doorway with the needed parts in-hand on a Friday afternoon could save a weekend as opposed to him ordering them and it getting done on Tuesday. By the way, those bolts really should be torqued. Might not be a bad idea to do it if you didn't. Too tight can be just as bad as too loose. I didn't see anywhere on here where you mentinoed torquing, so if you did, sorry for the superflous info.
  4. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks mxracer.:thumbsup: In the early posts, Dirtdame pointed out that it can't be ordered as it comes with the head. I can definitely see where having an insert kit on hand wouldn't be a bad thing either.

I didn't use a torque wrench this time because it's pretty hard to get my torch wrench in there without removing the tank. I should look for the type that won't let you put too much torque on the bolt. For the record, my problem was too tight which I knew was likely to occur and went ahead anyway and turned it another 5 to 10 degrees.