What is your Spoofer Plug experience?

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Ogre_fl, Nov 21, 2014.

?

Your spoofer experecne

Adapted in less than 1000 miles 9 vote(s) 24.3%
Adapted in less than 3000 miles 6 vote(s) 16.2%
Adapted in less than 5000 miles 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No signs of adapting in less than 3000 miles 8 vote(s) 21.6%
No signs of adapting in less than 5000 miles 3 vote(s) 8.1%
No signs of adapting in over 5000 miles 11 vote(s) 29.7%
  1. sussurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint 1050, Daytona 955i
    I might get Roger (at Weaponry) to do a run on my stock bike to see what it does.
  2. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100

That would be interesting to compare
  3. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100

I'm going for a ride now out to Peat's Ridge - Corrugated Cafe - see how it goes
  4. jimbeam Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    H BROS650

Hello sir, help me get a few from you. give me a pm or text 0917 7705282 and I'll invite you a literal Cafe Husky we're working out
    Coltx likes this.
  5. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100

Hi Jimbean - my version used a variable potentiometer to give 11 ohms, effectively reducing AIT temperature by approx 16degC
    My TR is significantly different from stock
    GPR exhaust, Pod-mod, AIT repositioned, Denso Iridium Plugs, exhaust cavitation plate, quick action throttle, ss oil filter, etc etc
    What works on my TR might not necessarily work for others
    If the Husky airfilter had been more effective the need for the Pod-mod would not have arisen
    The Pod-mod significantly changed the airflow past the AIT, which influences the ECU & fuelling
    So how do we overcome those challenges?
  6. Roger 04 RT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 (friend's)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    Can you show a photo that helps explain the lack of airflow past the air temp sensor? If intake air isn't flowing over the air temp sensor, and it was much hotter than the air entering the throttle body, that could lead to altered mixture adaptation values.

Resistors in series aren't a good answer for reasons I've described many times already. But relocating the air temp sensor, inside the intake manifold, to an area where in gets full intake airflow is a good idea.

Trz_charlie, have you done the pod mod?
  7. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fayetteville, Arkansas with my Redheaded Mistress
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Burgman 650 (The Barcolounger)
    Yes, Pod mod has been in place on my bike since 500 miles. My AIT was relocated directly in front (read, nearly touching) of the Pod filter or nearer to the old filter door.
    engineerk9 likes this.
  8. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100

Finally, after much testing l used an 11 ohm resistor soldered into one of the AIT leads, the AIT is now re-positioned to the very front of the motor measuring the ambient air temperature, minus the resistor, the AIT effectively reads a temperature 16-17 degC cooler than ambient

Well done for thinking of this
  9. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100

The AIT is located behind the Pod-mod, l was measuring 53degC directly with my thermocouple at the AIT location whilst in traffic, ambient temperature was 30+degsC

My AIT is now located in the air inlet, forward of the radiator, less influenced by motor heat

I've now done considerable dyno time, 3 test rides in of 200klms each, & another planned for today

The bike is running so much better

I'll wait & see if the ecu adjusts, the meantime l'm enjoying the ride
  10. jimbeam Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    H BROS650
    Thanks engineerK9, found use for an old cassette radio now
    engineerk9 likes this.
  11. Roger 04 RT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 (friend's)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    Mixture adaptation is a fact and the way these ecus work. However if the pod mod results in the IAT sensor measuring something other than the temperature of the air entering the cylinder, that is bad.

Your goal is not that the IAT is accurately measuring ambient temperature, but that it accurately measures the temperature of the air entering the cylinder. If that air is being heated above ambient, then that's what your IAT should indicate.

So at idle, in traffic, if the ambient is 20C what temp will your thermocouple measure? Is that what your IAT now indicates to the ecu?
    engineerk9 likes this.
  12. Jon Knutson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 KTM 450 SX-F (Street Legal)
    It seems to me the best way to spoof the IAT sensor would be a variable resistor or some way to set the temperature to the actual outside temperature. You would have to set it every time you ride and need a separate thermometer to get the actual temperature each time.
  13. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100

With the AIT positioned as far as possible in front of the radiator it will be reading closer to ambient air temperature
    Both the Pod-mod & more free-flowing exhausts have changed the characteristics that the ecu was designed for
    It does appear that the bikes are sold to meet the most stringent of the European & Californian emission regulations
    ie very lean, our mods tend to make the engines even leaner, to the point of detonation or excessive heat, stalling & stumbling
    Now, I'm only experimenting, researching & learning more about the systems
    So far, on my TR, the 11 ohm resistor in series with the re-positioned AIT seems to be giving fairly satisfactory results
    I've been out on the road regularly & have consumed 30 litres of fuel, over 700klms, I have not noted any degradation of performance
    Which one could expect as the ecu adjusts/adapts as mentioned in numerous previous posts
    As soon as I do, I'll run further Dyno tests to compare with previous test results

When I first purchased the TR I fitted the Booster Plug to successfully cure the lean-burn & stalling
    The Pod-mod brought with it more challenges

If the Husky had manufactured a better air filter & airbox & mounted the AIT at the front of the bike, then none of these mods would have been necessary
  14. Jon Knutson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well I just installed my AF-XIED and did an ECU reset, won't get to ride it till tonight when I go to work. I will report my results, and if I'm happy with it I may have a used Wuka-King for sale soon.
  15. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100

How did you go? The middle of winter in the UK right?
    What settings did you start with?
    What other mods do you have? (exhaust, Pod-mod, other ?)
  16. Jon Knutson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have the UNI filter on my bike but it's otherwise stock, any effects I had from the Wuka King went away shortly after installing it, still stalling, hesitating and slow to start. I set the AF-XIED to #7 but won't be riding until later tonight.
  17. GrumpyShamurai Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    76 XL350 - 74 XL125 - 07 FZ1
    Has anyone actually put the AIT sensor in the intake tube? To read real AIT and not the air before the filter. Just curious cause its what i plan to do with the pod mod.
  18. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:

I'm not saying going to 7 won't help but the real differences happened on my AF-XIED at setting 8
  19. Jon Knutson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    I do feel a big difference at 7, I'll probably go through a couple tanks then try 8.
    engineerk9 likes this.
  20. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yup, that is the sensible thing to do. The ECU will start adapting immediately. Mine was nearly fully adjusted after about 200 miles or so.
    engineerk9 likes this.