uptite

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by huskyfrk, Mar 5, 2012.

1. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Sounds like George pissed them off...
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think it has more to do with not doing business the BMW way. A mom and pop operation must use flooring, commit to bike orders regardless of what the consumer is buying, in other words increase overhead and make prices higher for the consumer. George like to pay with cash for everything and doesn't really like credit. Have you tried to call him up and order something with a credit card ? Maybe think about it a little.
    benwiggin2 likes this.
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I would guess the flooring thing could be their #1 gripe. He said he went through that in the past and the paperwork couldn't keep up with the sales....he was selling 200-250 bikes a year. I've seen/heard George's list of complaints and it's pretty compelling. One BMW executive told him he didn't care if George sold ANY bikes, as long as he kept doing what he did and what he does is unique so I'd say this is more in limbo than a done deal. The Beta sign is in the window And they seem happy to have him and he'll do for them what he has done for Husky. The Husky sign is still there and there's even an old Yamaha rubber floor mat in front to wipe your feet on.
    benwiggin2 likes this.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Best of luck on your new endeavors George. :cheers:
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    It occurred to me that it might be nice to compile a list of Georges input... I will attempt to do that, at least privately for my own uses.
  6. Bagman Husqvarna
    A Class

I think it would be something we all could use if you want to go public.
  7. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Uptite Sticky...:thumbsup:
    benwiggin2 likes this.
  8. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarnas with Chinese motors????? George isn't the only one pissed !!
  9. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    Where did the Uptite Kudos go? I was looking for them and can't find them anymore. Like banished or something???? :excuseme:
  10. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Not a dealer.. according to husky. Maybe we should call and get their statement?
  11. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah and flood them with email telling them how happy we are this happened, now we can get a cool Beta next time around.....
  12. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    You know, the Beta is a sweet bike, and still having a carburetor has big advantages over the EFI bikes. I am still pissed about being drug home by a KTM even if all it was, was a cracked fuse you could not see. I hope George and Uptite Beta the best also Coffee but is there not a Kudos column he was listed in?
  13. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Strangely he is not... http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/usa.53/
    I think it was overlooked by us- because it would seem he didn't really need KUDOS cause he's so well known as the husky guru and enthusiast...

Good Luck George!
  14. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

IMO, You guys need to let go of your issues with the Kymco built motors. They are doing as good or better at building these than was ever done in Varese. The most advanced bleeding edge state of the art motorcycle assembly lines are in SouthEast Asia. I simply haven't seen any of the assembly issues with the new 449/511 engines that we ALWAYS see with the Italian built motors(small extra parts in the oil or on the drain plug magnet, improperly torqued fasteners, all kinds of assembly sealant in the screens etc., etc., etc.) . If there was, there would be threads full of chatter about it. The Italians are great at designing a great looking bike; not so good at assembling them in production runs. Over the last 30 years, the Asians have built factory assembly into an art form.
    I suggest looking at the positive side of this- you and the rest of us actually benefit from this decision by BMW to use Kymco.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    having owned both versions for some time now I have to completely agree. The Kymco 511 motor is as solid as anything I have owned from husky and better than several. Tight and leak free, nothing came loose. Great motor. It is a global world, get used to it. Go look at your "American" car and see where half of it is built.
    PALMER84ONE likes this.
  16. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Looking forward to those Brazilian made tires, the ones with no hairs on them.....;)
  17. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    Last sentence: we are benifiting from George of Uptite not being a husky dealer? What the hell are you smoking? And I am not jabbing you, just that statement. Regardless of the Chinese motor. BMW/HNA decided as well as George to move on. Stale Mate.
  18. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's why I own Toyotas.
  19. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Yeah, but where are they built? Many of the Japanese and Korean cars are actually built in the US or Canada (or even Mexico) now.
  20. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Ahhh now I think I found the thread you were talking about- wansn't in the Dealer kudos forum- it was just a thread in the General Forum... http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/up-tite-husqvarna-santa-ana.3239/

Give it a few more years and everything will be "cheaper" to make in the US (for other countries) since the dollar will be worthless and our inflation will be so high.... Then we can "buy American" proudly (kinda). Sorry for my synicism.:mad:
    Dirtdame likes this.