uptite

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by huskyfrk, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    They really don't make em like that anymore....
    I have never bought anything directly from him, though my bikes all have some of his stuff that I got from Bill's. The point I would like to make is that though I've never met him, he has returned my calls even though I didn't leave a message to see what I wanted.
    Like he says on his announcement: "your call is important to me".
    Great Guy
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I always buy my Husqvarnas and parts from Motoforza. They are very street bike oriented with Ducati, but I feel that they have always treated me quite fairly. They are also sponsors and participants in our SDAR Annual Desert Dash, so I thank them for that too.
  3. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ..reminds me of KTM's early revival ...I knew of a few shops that seemingly "dropped" KTM for another brand or just stopped selling new bikes...a thinning of the herd for higher number sales count.
    I ,for one, am disheartened at this recent event of George no longer being with Husky...best of luck to you,George,in whatever indeavor you embark on.
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I know George was approached about the Zero as one former Husky exec was involved. Also looked at the Triumph briefly and has demo'd and discussed the BETA. I've been out of town for a couple of weeks and not stopped by his shop, but this next week for sure.
  5. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

David Knight, Scott Summers, Ty Davis, Scott Hardin, and now George Earl--?

Um yeah thats probably not a good way to manage a brand. Pissing off the leaders of the industry? Umm, yeah. No.

re badging BMW bikes and calling them Husky and making them in China? Ummm yeah. Probably not a good idea. Umm yeah. No.

Um changing management ever other year, dropping the ball on parts and homogenization and Cali air resources board, etc etc etc. Um yeah thats not how ya run a business.

Its over. BMW/Husky failed in the USA. Failed horribly.

What is now being said behind the scenes about Husky is shocking. Absolutely shocking. BMW/Husky has Zero chance of succeeding now. Zero. The momentum against Husky in 'the industry' is now nothing less than shocking.

BMW will sell the Husky brand within 3 years. To Kymco.
    PALMER84ONE likes this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Race teams come and go for all brands. Bills is having a banner year as they did last year and seem pretty happy with the way BMW is doing biz. More progressive dealers are going to do better in this new economy. Maybe I don't have the insider info you do but don't see it all as doom and gloom. The USA has always been a second thought for husky, or at least for quite some time. Bring the Nuda, new TE650, new 2stokes (2014/2015) and the X-light 450 and keep working on it. Love my POS Kymco TE511. We will see. KTM builds a ton of bikes in India and India owns a good percentage of them and they are still thriving and bringing out new stuff faster than everyone. It is a global world now so these alliances you pretty much MUST do our you price yourself out of existence. Anyone want to pay 2K more for the same bikes? I see by far more huskys on the trail and races then I ever have and more mag coverage than since the 60's glory days.

IMHO
  7. 56on449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Summer: Ontario, Canada / Winter: Arizona, USA
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 BMW R1200GS
    I agree 100%, I just installed a Uptite skid plate on my 449 today, it is a well planned (Great protection) and is expertly made by a real craftsman, I hope George will continue to make after market parts for the Husky's.
  8. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

You know I don't always agree with you Mike but I think you hit the nail on the head. I do believe if they build some up to date 2 strokes they may have a shot a selling some bikes. As for the Nuda and Te650 they both fail in my opinion and I don't think they will sell in North America but who knows.
  9. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    Yup George CHOSE to leave...he didnt have to go...he wasnt forced out...Husky's going no where but up. Its always been a great bike...today it's a awesome bike and the future has never looked brighter!
    water racer likes this.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The TE650 is not on my list of bikes but from a sales standpoint I believe if they bring it on at DR650 prices like they said it will outsell the 610/630 EZ. Again, not arguing for the bike just the demographic and price point might work very well.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    2010 a WEC world championship after many dry years!, 2011 2 more WEC world championships!. CH Racing has 6 riders in the WEC this year 2 each E1,E2,EJ. Ricci Racing MXGP is really gathering momentum and Lupino is at the tip of the spear in the Italian International MX series ( a precurser testing ground for MXGPs) pulling hole shots against the other brands and they have a 3 hungry young riders team this year. CH is making/ pushing pre WEC podiums in Spain and UK, also pre WEC testing and warm ups. The other models withstanding with some rally exceptions, Husky and the X-Lite platform is definitely podium ready in their respective classes. Oh yea the 125cc platform is also killing it in EMX125 and other EU 125cc 2stroke series competition. We and our Baja and Nat H&H centric views are not the center of the world. FAR is/will be kickin it strong this year with GNCC and Nat Enduros to come (again with the more developed/evolved/conventional X-lite package). Doom and gloom, an internet favorite subject. Lets get out and ride!!!
    got to ride em where and how they were engineered to ride em, TE310(TXC/250) in Baja or Nat H&H no friggan way, enduro/XC absolutely. With some wacky ajax exceptions on his CR125 in the dez!!
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I forget yes to TE310 in Baja,,,,,single track/HS type stuff no issue, just no score rallies.
  13. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Beta Spare Parts shipment came in to Uptite Beta today. Bikes on their way.
    PALMER84ONE and benwiggin2 like this.
  14. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I could be wrong, but every time I read this, I think I hear an axe grinding in the back of my head...
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Those should be good for him. Real good bikes. They seem better for tight stuff. Wish him the best with that. :thumbsup:
  16. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is it possible that George saw the writing on the wall and decided not to o down with the ship?
  17. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Listed as a Dealer for Beta: George Erl, Uptite in Santa Ana. I don't think he liked the direction or the new reps. I like his shop, only the smartest people have a mess and know where everything is. To each his own! I know when George is set on something he heads strait for it. That means that as he has taken Husky thus far, Beta will now be taken the same way. A good little pop shop has taken on a family owned company. What more could you ask for. I will ride my Husky fleet into the dirt and then in the end, I might get a Beta. Don't think I can go wrong with George at the wheel.
    Bagman, McKay and benwiggin2 like this.
  18. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

got to ride em where and how they were engineered to ride em, TE310(TXC/250) in Baja or Nat H&H no friggan way, enduro/XC absolutely. With some wacky ajax exceptions on his CR125 in the dez!![/quote]
    .........................................................................................

No more 125 it is Wally time now The 125 is now a 165 Every one better watch out 165s are going to rule the world.The bike now looks like a 250 with the new FMF KTM 200 pipe on it PLUS it sounds like a 250
    It is funnny when you start it as now the sound of the 125 is gone Words can not discribe how much different it is.HUSKY needs to do a magazine test on the Walt Smith 165
    Weight is only 202 pounds and it will eat a 250 f no problem with power to spare and money left in the bank
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Been trying to get someone from the mags interested in testing it. So far not real responses.

Yep, it ain't no 125 any more, thats for sure.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many