1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Updated TPS/EFI Reset 449/511

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Tinken, Nov 14, 2012.

1. godfingerzzz Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLX 250S
    Yeah, I took off and replaced my TPS sensor, and now it doesn't run right. The reset did not work. I'm thinking it might need a scan tool, as I can't find anything about it in the big service manual. Let me know if you get it fixed, thanks!
  2. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449

Is yours a MY 13?

I followed the TPS reset instructions to the T MANY times and could not get a reset. I had to take mine to my dealer and they did it for me in a few seconds for a 6 pack ;) He actualyl told me I was the second guy that week that had problems resetting the MY 13.

We of course have to improvise not having a key switch, but I am confident I did it right (and I did it like 10 times). Nada. One reset at the shop and everything was back to normal. This happened after a massive flameout lock at about 20 miles on the odo - we had to break it by dragging the wheel and bump starting it. Once we did that the TPS had reset itself somehow. Weird grelin, but since that time never had an issue and I have put many miles on since then.
    godfingerzzz likes this.
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    When you put your throttle position sensor back on, it must be adjusted by ohmic value. It should be in the workshop manual.
    godfingerzzz likes this.
  4. SDPUTTER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511
    Here is a little more info;
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/te-511-efi-adjustable-sensors.29357/
    godfingerzzz likes this.
  5. Perljam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 R1200GS
    Hey Tinken, I had you race map III my 2012 SMR511 ECU last year. Ran well all last summer, but now after fully warmed up and riden, flame outs have returned big time. Finally wouldnt even start until completely cold. (runs great above low RPM) Have Titanium Akro. Never tried resetting TPS and will do so now. But i suspect PCV might be the answer. ?? Valves, which might be out slightly out of spec, wouldn't have anything to do with flame outs, right?

As always, appreciate your help.
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Temp sensor?
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    If you turn the air screw out, will it idle?
  8. Perljam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 R1200GS
    Sorry guys, haven't had to chance to make any adjustments yet. Will try resetting TPS this week. Tinken, it starts right up and idles fine, are you suggesting turning the air screw out all the way while it's idling to see what happens?
    Thanks
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Yes, maybe you could clarify where it doesn't run correctly. Is it when you first turn the throttle open, but runs on top? Please explain further.
  10. Perljam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 R1200GS
    OK. It flames out, stalls...whatever you want to call it...when easing on the throttle from idle. You gotta goose it, (rev, rev) get rpm up a bit, then let out clutch. Then underway, you can shift aggressively (normally) through all the gears and she runs like a charm. But, once you start taking it easy..for example on last ride I was up on pegs, in 2nd or 3rd, not at idle but low rpm, flamed out, stupid me wasn't covering clutch, dumped me like a ragdoll...splat! Armor works as do sliders!

But last year after getting ECU ZipTy mapped, the flame outs all but disappeared. Whereas my last ride, it flamed out all day long (only one splat, thankfully). Unless there's something else that I need to do, I'm thinking just buy the power commander V and be done with it, and of course increase performance. But I don't want to be naive and assume the PCV is be the all and end all to this problem, if more needs to be addressed.

Thanks again!
  11. daddyrat Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te449
    Hi Tinken. I followed your advice on the air settings. I turned in the screw until it would not go in any further and backed it out by 2 1/4 turns. The bike would not start. I backed out the screw another 1/4 turn without any luck. I then reset the screw to the 3 turns out it was initially set at and the bike started. I have the Australian version of a 2013 te449 with map2 and Acrop muffler installed. I have reset the TPS as per instructions hoping for fewer flame outs. Will go for a test ride today.
  12. Huskyte449-13 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda xr400 2014
    I boys how do you know if the TPS reset has worked? ?
  13. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Never made a scrap of difference to my 2011 TE449.
    Lost count of the number of times I tried it (even out on the trails) hoping to assist with flameouts etc....
    Physically setting up the primary TPS voltage at idle is what made the difference.
  14. Huskyte449-13 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda xr400 2014
    Got a sticking throttle problem thought i would try the tps reset first to no evail. Any suggestions.
    Doesnt happen all time mainly whilst the bike is warm. Checked all mechanical. Thinking maybe a faulty Sensor?just bought the bike its done 2500kms.
  15. Huskyte449-13 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda xr400 2014
    Looks like after reviewing many threads that removing second butterfly will solve the problem. Whats your thoughts danger?
  16. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Hanging idle.
    It fault is with the ecu controlled secondary butterfly system.
    The end of the second butterfly shaft has a cam on it, this acts on a roller on an arm attached to the primary throttle.
    The hope was it should control idle speed.
    Some bikes it does, others like yours and mine, it is erratic.
    Grind the pin for the roller off the arm with a dremel and remove the roller.
    Set the idle using the brass air bypass screw and never look back.
    In addition, if you want good throttle response, pull out the secondary butterfly plate.
    You will be amazed at the change in throttle response.
    Huskyte449-13 likes this.
  17. Huskyte449-13 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda xr400 2014
    Thanks mate done riding sat to c hopefully improvement and will advise. Appreciate your time and effort to the site
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  18. norma stitz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nunya185
    I buggered my secondary plate system by trying to start the bike with a rubber cap jammed into the throttle body while I was doing engine work, :(. Then I removed plate, but now dash just says "fail" but the bike runs fine it seems. Should I remove the cam on the shaft as you suggest?
  19. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    you might try disconnecting the battery for a bit and seeing if the "fail" goes away. DM?

I'd get rid of the cam just on general principals; but you might get a hair bit more compression braking and backfiring (neither is a bad thing) when rolling off the throttle.
  20. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Does the secondary butterfly motor still cycle to park when you turn the ignition off?
    If not, likely the motor is damaged.
    If yes, would be worth trying the battery reset.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.