1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Updated TPS/EFI Reset 449/511

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Tinken, Nov 14, 2012.

1. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    ASk for the Akropovic Map setting.. I did that on my 511 2013 model. I watched them as they did it. took them 5 minutes. Its not called anymore the BMW map thing. In australia, bikes where delivered with Standard Muffler and Akro in the Box. With the Akro , u remove the Oxy Sensor and put that setting on....
  2. nonferrous Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    RMZ450
    The SMR's didn't come with a Akro pipe, just a oversized emission compliant muffler, so I fitted a Rocket carbon fibre can, disconnected the O2 sensor and enabled race map 2. Is the Akro Map setting version 3 ?
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    BMW produced three maps for the 449 and the titanium Akro map is #3.
  4. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    looks like the dealer or dude you bought the bike of kept the Akro Muffler..... Standard in Australia !! comes with two Mufflers.
  5. nonferrous Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    RMZ450
    I bought it from a dealer in SA new zero km over the phone and email a couple of months ago and no discussion was had about Akro muffler and I did ask what was included in the spares kit. So the deal for me did not include Akro can. The Rocket can is a step up on the Akro anyway IMO despite how ridiculously loud it is. Next task is to make a DB reducer insert and then map 3 or PCV
  6. borpa Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC511
    Other Motorcycles:
    TE610, Wr426, Drifter
    Tinken, So referencing your instructions......is there no need to run the throttle thru its range as on the keyed models? I am having more issues with the idle hanging. Perhaps a MAP concern? I did the adjustment and no luck.

7. Apri11 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE 450 / 2013 TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 Aprilia RSV4
    If your idle is hanging I would suggest that the Air By-Pass screw is out of spec a little.

Air Bypass EFI Adjustment 449/511

This is the big brass screw high up on the side of the EFI body

2 ¼ turns out (+/- 1/8th of a turn) should put the minimum air bypass back in range.
  8. borpa Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC511
    Other Motorcycles:
    TE610, Wr426, Drifter
    Reset this and still had issues but Ive got it on the run......thanks
  9. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I'm reading this and wondering what indicates the need for a TPS reset?
  10. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    "If your idle is hanging....."
    or other erratic idling is usually the first clue.

However, it is a baseline setting for the EFI system so you always want to make sure it is right before adjusting anything else.
  11. borpa Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC511
    Other Motorcycles:
    TE610, Wr426, Drifter
    Is stated above. Any fuel delivery issue....ie hanging, stalling etc a reset is a starting point.
  12. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have just picked up my TE511. Done 150 klms on her. I have a scary problem with a hanging throttle. Not a big problem until it does it off big jumps at speed. Specially coming into corners... makes my bung hole pucker up big time. Any clues.... I am thinking of taking bake to the shop I bought it off but worrying they will give me bull on it. They have already told me about the oil issue. Stating to make sure I keep it on the lower part of the glass..
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Did you reset the ecu by uplugging the battery? Also check to make sure that neither of the throttle cables are binding. Do you have the power up plug installed?
  14. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The what !!! and where would I actually find that thing if I was game enough to look..
  15. DErZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    511 SMR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R1 5VY
    If you take the seat off, the battery is under there. If you look halfway between the battery and the headstock you will see the ecu (multiple coloured cables into a box ) just above that there is a recess and this is where the plug is to enable Race Map 2
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  17. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09

RE: "Add +1/8th turn if engine fails at low idle due to aftermarket exhaust."

I've just installed an FMF PowerCore 4. I'm back to stalling at low RPM. Even worse than when I ran the bike stock during break-in (i.e. without the power up plug). I haven't sent the ECU in for remap yet, but I am running the power up plug and the smog fell off. I just want to clarify what +1/8th means. I always think of + as screwing in (clockwise). But in this case I assume you mean back it out an additional 1/8th of a turn??
  18. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Back it out. You will need map 3 before it begins to work properly.
  19. nonferrous Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    RMZ450
    You are correct, PCV fitted and dyno tuned with custom map has sorted all the issues out plus more power - thanks for your advice
  20. Mediocre Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Hi Guys, just wondering if any one has had to replace their TPS sensor switch??

Mine had the cables broken off by a stick in the bush, I replaced the sensor and now the dash doesn't have FAIL showing but wont run correctly.
    I did a TPS reset as shown on page 1, both methods of leaving disconnected for 20 mins and turning throttle full on and off while ignition on only.
    However the bike won't run correctly, it will rev hard but low revs is just popping and reving unevenly and carrying on. Do I need to connect it to a scan tool and have it set up? (thats what the local dealer is saying)
    Any info is appreciated. Would like to ride tomorrow otherwise will need to take it to the dealer and have it looked at in a weeks time.
    Thanks