1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Trigger 2.0

Discussion in '2st' started by pvduke, Dec 31, 2017.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    my mantra trust in James for all your jetting needs, however 99% of time go 1 clip leaner on the needle, he keeps it on the safe side.

FYI different machine but with the TX300 I have gone with his exact settings and for cooler temps I simply installed the blue needle in the same clip position. Its a little more crisp with the red needle in the same clip position. The biggest help was getting the float height at a good setting.
    pvduke likes this.
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    well that was fun...mreeep mreeep.

factory needle was a wonker. i chased my tail 3-4 times on the trail before i said enough! muffler was spooged out. it had a lean-bog AND running rich in the middle. weird. i was burnt out on trail-dialing it in...i wana ride it! ...it flew if i kept it on the main (good luck riding like that all the time here), but it was off everywhere else and my muffler packing is swamped now (that'll be next.....) so here we goooooo!

Trigger's sick...cough, wheez, runny nose drippin on the swing arm......no worries lil buddy, the doctor will be right with you:

20180203_151623.jpg

going fer broke...pulled out lots o miku stuff for this carby...note the JD and Hoosk manuals.

20180203_150549.jpg

20180203_153027.jpg

20180203_153043.jpg
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    surgery's over....new recipe. a combo of Factory suggested settings and the JD BLUE needle and the 37.5 PJ his kit had in mind. it's a super crispy critter now mang. no bog, all flog. dial-a-wheelie fer sure. 480 main- a tick light color-wise on the plug but it is clean, spooge (runny nose) is clearing up, it pulls like a train and roll-on wheelies. for the tight stuff/better MPG- 480 is perfect. 490 for a little more open. 500 for faster stuff and going down the mountain a little. JD's main jet suggestions were way way off (for me anyways). YMMV, mine did. the JD's needles are great. the mains and PJ's are nothing special but the needles are where it's at and they work. i dont mind one bit paying his asking price for the dyno and lathe work he's done to get there. the stock miku needles are meh...i dont like them.

20180203_153007.jpg

happy lil camper all tucked in for the night....see ya in the AM lil buddy...mreeep mreeep!

20180203_163633.jpg
    reveille likes this.
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    (comp went poof...late entry...solly)

JD needle left. Miku right.

James Dean's needles make the Miku a very tune-able carb. Trigger's 'before' tune up was a tick boggy once or twice when I cleaned it up, but then it got a lil spoogey and a tick unpredictable when i fattened it. the stock stuff was doable and tuneable and easy to tune even with the TE tank on...but...i wanted more better for trail riding and im being super critical here...wasnt completely horrible before i just wanted a wee bit more flexibility for trail riding. for MX it'd prolly been OK. but im not WFO all the time on the trail. he's a crispy critter now and responds to adjustments nicely- esp. with the half-clip adjustments option the JD kit has. even if the kit only came with the 2 needles, the spacers and no jets it would still be worth the price of admission. the JD stuff makes a good thing better. i try my best to get the stock stuff to work and sometimes i'm successful....but sometimes im not to the point i want it. so....

thank you, Mr. Dean, fer puttin the icing on the cake.

20180203_221119.jpg
  5. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    Hey o duke, what is that on your number plate?
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    its a little placard describing the bike as its on display in my shop. i have a small MTB / OHV shop here in Pine.

edit: i moved it to the seat, kept falling off the front lol. it gives customers something to look at/read/conversation starter etc. i work on mostly ATV's/SxS'S up here, they are like cars people use their ATV's for transportation. dirt bikes are rare but 2-wheelers are my passion.

20180205_101253.jpg
  7. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    there's another reason i keep my scooter front-n-center.

ATV's and SxS's?

working on them can be a lesson in patience and illogical-ness at times. case in point. 850 Sportsman SP HO. fun wheelie machine. but service is an afterthought. this vehicle requires massive amounts of teardown just to get to a plastic rivet that holds the belt cover snorkel, and that has to be removed in order to get the belt cover off. then we drop the skid pan to get to the last belt cover bolt. then one can see the belt and service the clutches.

Trigger is my constant companion and my touch stone to sanity. w/o my lil buddy i'd implode.

mreeep! mreeep!

20180205_122846.jpg

20180205_122609.jpg
    NH-JP likes this.
  8. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    A little easier access on the snowmobile!
  9. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    lol just a tad

working on these ATV's and SxS's i bet i hit my head 13 times a day....woof!
  10. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
  11. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    yeh my noggin looks like a golf ball hard to shave the dome with all the divots in it gota use a sharp spoon lol
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGx_azBvYkk&feature=youtu.be

thought i'd post the link to the first video here as well due to some requests for updates.

been off the past few weeks due to weather and a hand infection due to a metal sliver under my nail....yeesh! yuk.

the bike though....it's amazing. pretty much box stock. and it's an amazing off-roader.

got some more cam's coming for some more video variety...will be hanging them in the trees, putting them on logs and stuff for different POV's compilations and editing with music. and i'll post them here instead of the other topic for those subscribed to this thread.

gona be a bit but it will come. sorry it's taking so long...been kinda busy here with some projects, health and frozen ground.

case in point. i did some work to this Banshee some years ago here at the shop....it's back in for some freshening up, and bunch of other work and some new lighting and stuff, GNCC rubber- and some custom bits like the lock-on grips and mirror. that's kept me pretty busy! braaaap!

20180301_155829.jpg

20180301_200525.jpg

20180301_155918.jpg

i aint forgot about you guys...so stay tuned for more adventures with Trigger.

- kevin.
    Huskynoobee likes this.