1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Trigger 2.0

Discussion in '2st' started by pvduke, Dec 31, 2017.

1. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    sorry been away so long. being owner/operator of my lil off-road/mtn. bike shop has me hoppin' at times.

sold the '12 300 to a good buddy. couldn't go to a finer home. figured meh, good time to step down and hang up the boots. hands are shot, hip's gone...wah wah wah....

that lasted about 5 weeks.

so, new bike time. the 3hondo was the king. i wailed on that thing and it never missed a beat. but i missed Trigger my full custom '09 WR125. as ya know, i got the '18 TC 125 from AEO Powersports in Mesa. It was a 200 mile trip and well worth it. killer excellent service.

not doing anything crazy with it. just making a woods weapon/play bike for around here and keepin' as light and moto-focused as possbile. had some serious hand injuries of late that's kept me off. so taking things slow (hate that word) and playing it by ear. and that's why I got the 125 again, super light, easy clutch pull, etc. my hard enduro days are long over though. but no big....a new husky under the tree makes EVERYTHING all better, eh?

so- i'll document the lil stuff i'm doing to it here.....

just getting it home to the shop....

20171229_183915.jpg

the new huska-toom has a lot of neat little bits...like a 2-map CDI and a super-sano hour meter:

20171230_141602.jpg

i'm at 5700' here...thanks to a nice OM there's base lines for jetting, and, 2 different rad block-off's for cold weather. and old timer once told me- work on your new bike the first time with the tools in your kit so ya don't get bit by mr. murphy in the stix. i like to write the recipe on the bowl and stuff til i memorize what it likes:

20171231_205417.jpg
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    i wrap teflon tape under the perch so it spins when i crash. i also like to dab some paint on the bar by the perch gap so WHEN i dump it i can boot it back in place with my toe and get bak on with it faster and not get dropped by the yung guns. always lock-wire your loud handle cable:

20171231_210537.jpg

the upper fork wrap protector decals were huge and almost overlapped. so i trimmed them down a tick to make it a lot easier to get them on sano:

20171231_163317.jpg

hate flats? toss this in the tubes and just roost over whatever w/o a care in the world. i do this on all my scooters:

20171231_211718.jpg

and that's about it for now. it's not ready to ride yet, there's no USFS muffler on it yet. that and way more is in the mail. won't be but a few days til it comes and i'll post more then. good to be back kids, glad to see you all doing well and coffee's spot is still strong and friendly:

20171231_210422.jpg
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My Little Zip Ty Racing TC is working out great Welcome back Keep us posted on your build
  4. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    Very nice!! I debated the small bikes but my ego made me get the 300. Not yet sure if it was right. Excellent choice!! Cam.
    pvduke likes this.
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    as a former ugly-enduro rider and current old poop i can say w/o a doubt the 300 is a most excellent choice. i always regret selling a bike, i REALLY regret selling my 2012 3hondo pasta maker. man that bike was bombproof with 3 or 4 simple tweaks and ZipTy FX coolant. the abuse that machine can take baffles me i'd paddle past overheating thumpers on crappy climbs and just hop my way to the top on steep stair-case climbs. get past the clutch pull effort with lots of riding and god it was good. see i think it was the 2010 Roof of Africa or Hells Gate video for proof one crossed the line w/o coolant and a crushed rad then the rider clutched it flipped it over backwards in the air and did a salute w/a huge plume of seam coming out man that was awesome hahaha.
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:

yes i notcied man nice scoot bud good on ya Jonny.....will do mister! mreeeep!
    robertaccio likes this.
  7. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    very nice - cant beat a new bike . Good to see you back PV . We missed your craziness. Seems to be a trend all the old wr125 guys getting the new TC125s . Have fun ! That's what its all about right ?
    pvduke likes this.
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Starting to remind me of back in the old Italian Husky 125 days. Where a lot of guys went out and got the WR 125 and then changed the electronics and many other parts to make a cross bred WR/CR Now we got a bunch of guys who went out and got the TE 150 only to see maybe I do not need a e button and a headlight. So we now have a few of us who want the new air forks no headlight or e button But we do want a 18 inch rear wheel and low end power
    So we get a TE/TC cross bred .

My Zip Ty Racing TC 125 not even a 150 stayed pure 125 is everything I thought it would be and more. No it is not my TE 300 King of the Moto bike. But I am so looking forward to racing the National Hare and Hounds on it. It all starts again on Jan 27

So here we go again TE guys against TC guys
    pvduke likes this.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    YZ rhymes with both TE and TC.
    pvduke likes this.
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    125's? been on one since the Elsinore. if i need more oomf, the 300 gets the call. i like being a purist and doing more with less. plus i can track day the tiddler and not get bumped. my '09 WR125 was just a bullet and the flywheel/ignition made it a tick lazy but it was worth it in the snot. no mods to that one other than FMF exhaust, it even jetted well with the Mik. i didnt get the CR back then as i wanted lighting/flywheel mass, and that was the only reason. now, i dont/need want lights, or a battery, and want it as light as possible so the TC got the nod. 19" wheels dont bother me one bit never have. for less then 400$ i can make it off-road ready with the TE tank, FMF turbine core and Acerbis bashy. the TE tank is a steal too...my loops are a lot shorter now so i dont need a 3.6 IMS so ia saved $$$. Husky took a few days off so my Branded parts are a wee bit late but are on the way. the muffler comes tomorrow so i can legally take it out and break it in...

Here's a pic of the '09 WR 125 (original) Trigger ....i made the seat, bashy, doubled-up CEMOTO hand shields and even the graphics. loved this thing and kick myself for selling it. mreeep mreeep!

389798_143760722397760_2103308114_n.jpg
    NCSteve and rockdancer like this.
  11. daloof Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 S - 2018 TX 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 200 XCW - 2018 aro 120le
    love my 200, cant imagine how light a newer 125 would feel like...
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yo bro. We (Trail Tech) make that hour meter. Also try the "quad boss" tube sealing stuff. I find it works better than slim and is much easier to clean up. It's my hot tip for tubliss and will fill amazingly large holes.
    robertaccio and LandofMotards like this.
  13. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:

good to hear from you too man! i'll give QB a try. they make some decent stuff. never used their sealer. u should know about large um uh yeh....
  14. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    got sum bits today....im not that bright....i clicked on the wrong part..ordered hand shields only...no barkies....i hate it when i do that! those are coming monday. i'll also have some TE parts to bolt on in a couple days. the FMF can with sparky is actually lighter that the stock MX race can. nice.

20180104_211932.jpg

acerbis bashy: didn't notice this ordering it but it has a cool CF weave sort of thing going on...neato! i really like nylon bashy's. if the engine has a lot of dangly bits way out there i'll go metal and even bolster with more metal it if nec to make sure nothing gets mashed. but the 125 dont got dangly bits way out there so i went with nylon, it glides way better. $50.00!

20180104_214903.jpg

nothing majorly interesting going on at this point......with smokers if im doing ex mods i test fit it all up and let it hang in a neutral postion with the pipe as square as possible in the ex port using just the springs, then work front to back (backwards, I know....). if it's dead-on bolt-to-hole wise but there's gaps between the rubber mounts/tabs, et. al. i dont just cinch it up- dont do that! just fill the gaps with washers and use longer bolts if nec. MOOSE makes a nice KTM hardware kit the is OE type and matches perfectly. ya really wana have the ex flange in the port as square as possible, and, not torque the rubber mounts. this makes the rubber mounts last a lot longer and keeps the motor happy if the flange aint in the port all cockeyed. the FMF can was a perfect fit. the Factory Husky pipe aint, that's why all the drama.

big gaps?:

20180104_214257.jpg

easy fix:

20180104_214222.jpg

do this on all mount points as nec. as it makes a difference.

that's it for now...more later...thanks gang.
  15. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    got the Acerbis bashy on the lil huska-toom last night. fit was good, even has a little beaver tail to help shield the links. it's almost install-able with the pipe one, but take it off, it's MUCH easier that way. one issue: the bracket was cut with "points" on the "Y" end. these were riding right up on the engine case. few mins. with the bench grinder hog it round and the dremel to smooth it out and GTG. i also installed the socket screws in reverse- nuts to the outside, this way nothing touches the cases. now i just gota black out the orange "ACERBIS" logo...who wants orange on their bike??? lol. still waiting on the rest of the bits....but she's ready for an easy putt-putt in the forest tomorrow to break-in the piston/crank/trans. mreeep mreeep!

20180105_165628.jpg
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  16. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Let's go get on that thing already. I have no patience lol. Nice thread and bike
    pvduke likes this.
  17. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    yesterday, hit the lil off-road/moto track behind the shop....set the fork 1/2 bar over min. and ALL the clickers at 17 out (book says that's the "comfort" setting...it was!). nice n soft in the chop, decent bottom resistance coming off rock drops. didnt mess with the shock, might pull a click or two of HS comp out of it, but it feels fine. tune-up: needle is rich- it's going down one clip position and if that don't clean it up i'm putting the leaner of the two needles in and the rad block off with the hole in it to get the temp up. motor is stupid good. im seriously out of shape have not ridden in 11 mos. but i couldn't resist some single-track, rocks and logs and the little moto bike is ready (i'm not lol). it's pretty much what you'd expect a 125 MX in the woods to be- but maybe a little better as the suspension is really nice and the brakes? stay off them....125's don't like brakes. these don't help that! but they are super nice and require only a fingernail to operate but they are GOOD. in fact both levers are mental telepathy operated. kept the loops close to home- it's seriously impossible to see how much fuel there is in it due to the black MX tank. that's fixed as soon as the TE tank gets here, and some other bits. so- if ya wana do like we did back in the day and convert an MX bike for the woods (and save a few $$$ and weight over the enduro model in some cases) i say oh yeh good call this one is a ripper and good luck catching it.

why don't all DB's come with these! Tusk- $2.00

20180107_094927.jpg

mreeeep mreeep! still have some work to do but it's almost done...and it's USFS legal now.

20180107_154745.jpg
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    BTW FMF the pipe and muffler for the 2018 TE250i I'm building fit absolutely perfect.
    pvduke likes this.
  20. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:

good point and i wana redact my earlier statement. i took the can off the back and checked it against the stock can. it's the original pipe that's off, not the FMF. donny has been good to me and 99% of the time his stuff fits just bingo. so im gona fix that post. it aint his gear, its the factory husky pipe that's off causing all the wonk. meh it happens. welding thin tin is tricky at best! i cant do it!