1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Trigger 2.0

Discussion in '2st' started by pvduke, Dec 31, 2017.

1. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    TE tank and some Husky branded goodies on the way up the mountain now for Trigger.

even if them parts was here....been up late buried in a custom wiring project on this Honda at my shop for a super nice client. just finished up the horn, Trail-Tech Vapor multi-meter and a trick new running/brake tail lamp running offa new banjo bolt with a pressure switch in it and 47 miles of scratch built looms all tucked in nice n neat cant even tell i was in there. so here's a pic ta tide ya over so ya dont think im slackin on Trigger!

20180111_170836.jpg

Trigger gets some love next...and we just got some rain. gona drop the needle one click 2mrow read the plug and mreeep mreeeep!
    robertaccio and gots_a_sol like this.
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    mreeep mreeeep!

got the Enduro Engineering barky's on Saturday night, made some lever adjustments, adjusted the shifter and brake pedals...put the spurs to ol Trigger yesterday, no holding back- full gas. made a few stops for jetting and plug reading. it wanted more gas, so it got it..it wasnt horribly lean but...meh, i like starting rich and chasing down not up. went up one on the main...color changed a little..not much. went up another one on the main and it's a light dusting of mocha now...about perfect. ended up going +2 on the main and +1 on the PJ, ASO @ 2.0, needle #2 vs. the factory recommendations for my altitude. meh- that's off roading for you- long straights punctuated by gnar....MX is brutal in a different way and the factory suggested jetting was safe and close for quick zips to read the plug. as expected it's a bullet and way too much fun to rip around in the trees on, does great in the logs and rocks too. i went until my hands locked up and i thought i was pretty close to empty. forearms cramped up pretty badly while having lunch- hey, waitress, put food in my mouth for meeeee! nice thing about a small town is no one cares if i ride it to the restaurant for tacos and barely pop's after my sessions there's more ATV's than cars up here so hop on the hoosk and go get a snack. bike's almost done....just the TE 150 tank and two other Husky branded parts to go. looking forward to that translucent, TE 150 10L tank complete with reserve petcock. that's totally gona make it as i literally still cant tell how much fuel i have after 10 mins of riding with the moto tank on.

don't loose the jesus clip for the needle in the pine needles! (i only did that once yesterday)

20180114_115105.jpg

dirt was perfect.

20180114_124545.jpg

1/4 liter woods raper ......mreeeep mreeeep! 20180114_124724 (1).jpg
    oneal, gots_a_sol and LandofMotards like this.
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    GIGGITY GIGGITY GOO !

20180116_124514.jpg
    LandofMotards likes this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    What's this jetting thing you speak of and why does it need adjusted? Its 2018 man, EFI is where it is at :) I just looked and my new 2 stroke has no jets!!!

[IMG]
  5. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Are you sure that isn’t supposed to be in the 4t section???? Haha what is this no jet voodoo you speak of
    pvduke likes this.
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    lol! lucky you....i mean, aint the first ride posed to be WFO in 4th-chop/kill/skid/try not to loose it-pull plug-n-hope..... theres no ring bits on it then make adjustments?

i know i give ya a lota grief man, im a dust ol angry midget, its my job and in jest....but that 250 you jus built is pretty badarse mang. yer getting REALLY good at just bringing the function and the form man. big time. TrailTech is lucky to have ya ...glad you scored with them and kep blowin our minds, kel...... - kev.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Del Lorto Throttle body (air inlet control valve, sort of) Husky and Del Lorto go a long way back.
    Motosportz likes this.
  8. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    eesa data deelorto eena yoo chassis o eesa yoo justa glada to see mee?

BRAAAAAAAAAAP!
  9. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    WAS IN DA BOX MANG?

20180117_095940.jpg

Trigger is done. super simple build- if I can even call it that.

bikes today? are stupid good. in every way. more power, less weight, longer lasting. a lot of you old timers know where im coming from.

this project was a simple re-do of days of old.....a nod to "cheater bikes" (LR knows)...dolled up MX racers on the Enduro circuit. this bike just needs some battery operated lamps on it and that's that...race it off road anywhere. plus- i did it for me.

i wanted the lightest, fastest, most nimble handler i could get my crusty ancient mitts on. and i got it.

Numbers:

Bike: $5991.00
    TE 150 tank: $190.00
    Fork bleeders: $25.00
    Snake: $10.00
    FMF Turbine Core muffler: $153.00
    Acerbis bashy: $59.00
    Enduro Engineering barky's: $84.00
    SLIME: $8.00
    TUSK valve stem gators: $2.00

Total: $6524.00

Results:

Engine: stupid good and scary fast. Carb is easy to tune.
    Cltuch: hydro on a 125,,,nuff said.
    Trans: ditto.
    Suspension- Front: the AER 48 is the BEST fork I've ever ridden. I weight 160#. It's PERFECT everywhere and infinitely
    tuneable. VERY impressed. This fork should be on ALL bikes. Air Suspension has been on high-end MTB's
    for ages....and it's good. Now it's on the moto's and the bugs are gone. Perfect.
    Rear: I set it up per the book, took two clicks out of the HS circuit and haven't screwed with it once.
    amazing stuff. I'll save a ton on revalveing etc.
    Rocks, logs, chop, monster G-outs....don't even notice it. Just pin it and hang off the back like a dish rag in a tornado.
    Ease of Service: 10/10. Hard to beat the Katoom air filter system. In fact you can't. In fact you can't put it in wrong. Hey, Honda, ya listening? (CRF450X air box = WTF????)
    Durability: too soon to tell. But it's a proven bike so....if I can't break it, you won't. Side note- when I was at the Big Red? They'd gime stuff to flog, just for that purpose. Model Engineers loved it. Marketing didn't cuz if there was a bug or chink I'd find it and it'd be late to the dealer hehehehe!
    Cool factor: It's a HUSKY damnit.
    Value: 10/10, just wow.
    robertaccio and Motosportz like this.
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    going up! 7l to 10l...Genuine Husky parts....offa TE 150.

20180117_115642.jpg

they finally ditched the in- mold nuts...nice. but- ya always wana probe the hole depth BEFORE you run the self-tappers in. glad i did. i added a small shim under each panel screw. Also- the fuel tank cap is self locking- push down on the grey vent to unlock it. nice touch! but it took me like 20 mins. to figure it out as it wasnt OE on my scooter! hehehehe.

20180117_120240.jpg

there's some little plastic knobs stickin up at the rear of the tank....for ??...they are way too close for my comfort (i was holding the tank up)so i cut down some vacuum caps and slipped them on for peace of mind.
    other than that the tank fit like a glove. really nice. and it's translucent so i can tell how much juice is left. if it looks dark in the shop, it is- power went bye-bye for some reason!

20180117_122907.jpg

cont:
  11. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    "mercy snakes!" this was kind of a compromise but....meh...i used to make my own but for 10$ why bother...cool factor increase, and its not heavy, so its worth it.

20180117_133956.jpg

"Trigger" !!!

20180117_111809.jpg

Just got home from the Dealer:

20171229_183915.jpg

1/8th liter woods weapon- locked n loaded. no bling, all bidniss. try and catch me. (edited for math hahaha)

20180117_140731.jpg

many thanks to AEO Powersports, Mesa and Cafe Husky. been hanging with you guys for lots of years....if ya dont know me i might sound a little like a geezer, but the angry midget is in it for fun (Kelly will tell ya!).

KTM saved our Brand...huge. sure, it aint a pasta bike or a metaball...and it took a while for me to warm up to the new management...but sometimes change is good.

CH? this site is instrumental in keeping our Brand alive and it's riders informed. it really is a special little WW community we have here and i personally feel lucky and privileged to be a part of it
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My first race back on a Zip Ty Racing TC 125 was great. Now next weekend is round 1 of the National Hare and Hound where the little 125 will race in the 50 open expert class.
    pvduke, robertaccio and LandofMotards like this.
  13. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    1/4 liter or 1/8 litre? Is a liter 500ml there?

Rad guards for her?
    pvduke and robertaccio like this.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    math not my forte' either.....1/8 litre. not 250cc .25L, 1/4 liter. BTW where's Pine Az.? (I will do a map check). PS Are we invited to your locale? Ya got a parking spot to crash out. I see where Pine is...... part of my crew have been making treks to the area west of the 17 and enjoying the heck out of it.
    pvduke likes this.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I'm still pissed you did not make it here this fall and ride the good stuff. WTF is wrong with you? :D
    robertaccio and Huskynoobee like this.
  16. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:

good job go gettum johnny!
  17. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    you a foony guy bagga mate. yer right 1/8th liter....typo im not good with the keyboard etc...

https://www.google.com/search?q=lit...9i57j6j0l4.20511j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

this bike is so light and the new huska-toom spoilers/diffurers are really nice they do a heck of a job protecting the rads i dont really need them at this point since i dont do hard-enduro anymore im 58 and pretty banged up im doing mellower faster trails now.
    shawbagga likes this.
  18. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pine is 13m W/ of Payson AZ.

i used to do some trails over by cottomwood off the 17 back in the day cut in by us and ATR. i have a fun swoopy 2-track 30+ loop i do over here that goes from here to Payson...there's some techincal stuff/2000' climb stair case on a side spur if i wana test myself but im seriously out of shape right now but that will change with more seat time....you are always welcome man there's a nice place to stay in town called the Beeline House. i live in a small camper in the woods but you can crash at the shop or with me or at the Beeline House. i ride to the trails then ride through town to wherever i wana eat. we can do that here no biggie. in cali youd go to jail and loose your scoot doing that! hehehe.
    Huskynoobee and robertaccio like this.
  19. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    you should go see him he gets snipy whan ya dont show fer a ride....hehehehe.

kel yer bikes dirty....i hear ShamWows work great in blingmobiles.
    robertaccio and rancher1 like this.
  20. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    giving up on the stock needles. it's pretty close but it's too rich in spots...im sort of on the cusp between the two factory needles/PJ's, elevation wise, and i wana ride it im tired of swapping PJ's n needles looking for a cleaner baseline that's not too lean...so as with all my other scooters this is getting the JD treatment too and this should make it easier to tune. sometimes ya gota say i give and just bite the bullet. mreeep mreeep!

20180202_141700.jpg