TR650 Mods

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Toyboy, Nov 5, 2012.

1. mario33 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra'13 - Lady in Red 2
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
  2. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
  3. mario33 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    No panic, sir ! Usually some bending out does it. Or you sell it and do another :-D

Edit:
    Mind you that the tank is at the lower back right? Assuming it does not change with Safari. Therefore will not interfere with your racks. Interesting to see how they do it though...
    FabOneUp likes this.
  4. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    Yay!! Could not see pics of it. Is this available now? Price? Could not see a pic of just the tank. Does it replace the OEM tank??
  5. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think it is just a teaser. We have to do the usual.....sit and wait for a good long while.
    HuskyDude and kjackbrown like this.
  6. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    The Australian Husqvarna official website has said that a larger tank is under development for a month or two, and there had been speculation among locals here that Safari Tanks would be producing that (Safari are also the Australian Touratech distributor). Given that Safari now have it on their website I'd say that it may be closer than you think. I suspect it will be similar to the additional tank they do for the G450X. I'd say it'd be compaitible with any Touratech accessories and crash bars etc but might not fit with other gear fitted. Time will tell
    Toyboy, mario33 and FabOneUp like this.
  7. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for that nev. I need to check out Safari's site and get a little more familiar with what they are capable of. All I have ever seen is their larger tanks on common dual purpose bikes...none were exotic and I would have to assume this would be an exotic set up for the Terra. Ill look for the G450X set up.
  8. scottinAZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
    IMGP2544.JPG IMGP2541.JPG Plate light and little bulb above headlight convert to a T10 LED for brighter results! I had a few T10 LED bulbs left over from converting my auto interior lighting to LED (much brigther) so i thought I would look at the license light and that little mystery bulb above the headlight, sure enough same bulbs that I just removed from the Acura, popped in the LED T10's and like the results.:)

Attached Files:

Rick Rides, HuskyDude and kjackbrown like this.
  9. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    Nice find Scott! Will be heading out to the auto parts store shortly! Thank you for sharing that.
    scottinAZ likes this.
  10. mario33 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Do you really think you need more light on your reg plate ? I see no point... Might reflect more. Might also interfere with turn signals when on, which is potentially hazardous... If you really like it LED - dimm it a bit. Just thinkin out loud...
  11. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    Really for me brighter = safer and when it comes to my or my ol'ladies safety...Im all in. Do you happen to know what the led equivalent of those bulb is?
  12. scottinAZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    The picture was taken from underneath the light, giving a much brighter impression than if you just look at the plate eye level, also I ride the streets of Phoenix, more light equals more safety. Lots of choices on these T10 bulbs, I just had extras and used them for my Terra. Run cooler, last 50000 hours, no brainer to me.
  13. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Great idea Scott... I have a box of extra LEDs from my truck too! :thumbsup: (Gas for you):lol::lol:

[IMG]
  14. scottinAZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Looks like you had quite a few extra than I had!:cheers:
  15. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Ya,Ya I know...I'm a bit of a collector.
    In my defense I did the wife's and kids cars too.:D
    Most of my LEDs I got from here.
    DX.com
  16. mario33 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Can you pls tell the size of spacers ? I got my R&G guard but no spacers included :excuseme:
  17. Chuffa Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT250

They are 4mm thick as near as I can tell without a micrometer at hand.
    mario33 likes this.
  18. TerraBri Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Shadow 750
    Please forgive me if this post is not in the proper thread as I'm new to the forum world. I just got a TR650 and was wondering about the levers. I want to change the clutch and brake levers out with some tougher forged ones. What levers would be a good choice and are there special levers specifically for the Terra or could I use any old forged levers. I don't want to change the clutch perch with the little adjustment knob just the levers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  19. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 Bonnie, 68 Tiger, 11 Ural........
    I don't have a solid answer to your question, but this post in the interchange thread says a 2009 750 Guzzi Classic lever is interchangeable. I would imagine that there are lots others. There seem to be a lot of interchangeable parts with the BMW F650GS line too, so that might be a good place to start as well. Whatever you find, make sure you post it up here:

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/interchange-list.30631/page-3
  20. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    When I was mounting my HDB crash bars I looked hard for replacement levers which were a bit shorter. I couldn't find anything, shorter or not, that looked like the TR levers. Our levers require a very long dog leg to clear the control clusters, otherwise the lever will contact the cluster housing and a full pull will be prevented.

If I missed anything, I would love to know about it. Even though my levers are now protected, the clearance between ball ends and the inside of the crash bars is a bare minimum. Of course, you can just cut the balls off the levers, but personally, I want to keep my balls.
    mario33 likes this.