TR650 expected longevity / mileage post thread

Discussion in 'TR650' started by RuggedExposure, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Thumpa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM Dakar, G650X
    duibhcek - thanks for your above feedback. Wandering if you’d care to make any cross bike comparisons between TR650 and T700? Likes, dislikes and anything else of note appreciated.
    WoodsChick likes this.
  2. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere
    The short review I wrote a while ago on our Destination World Facebook page and pasted earlier in this thread already mentions most of it.

In brief between the two bikes:
    I still prefer the Terra over the T700. Mainly because of the weight. The Terra's engine produces a lot less power on paper, but it delivers it very well. Combined with the lower weight and a good gearing it just feels a bit more nimble and fun. We keep the TR's in our place in Bulgaria though. So either the T700 or the 790Adv will be replacing my 650 Versys in Belgium to tour around Western Europe.
    The steering on the Tenere is a bit more neutral, but very precise. The Terra is slightly more eager to turn in but not quite as eager as the big GS. The Tenere feels more planted at high speeds. It does inspire confidence off-road, but I still wouldn't take it on all the trails I'd ride with the TR. I'd get too tired from having to pick it up. :D
    I do appreciate the lack of driving modes and other electronic aids. The bike doesn't really need them. The ABS can be turned off, just like on the Terra, and is also rather unobtrusive when left on on tarmac.
    All-in-all a very nice bang-for-buck package.

I'm organizing a small test ride with a fiend's 790S Adventure in the next few weeks to see how it compares. I'm sure it will have a higher hooligan factor and the stock suspension will be better. But I'm still reserving judgement on whether that warrants the price premium for the KTM.

If you'd like more info about specific things, let me know.
    WoodsChick likes this.
  3. Paul Verkuijlen Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati multistrada, BMW 1150
    I’ve tried the 701, I can’t find a good reason to spend the extra money to ride a bike that has simular performance and handling. Riding the bike since 2015, bought it new. Now 50k km’s, valves check and are still within spec.
    Smartley and sussurf like this.