TR650 expected longevity / mileage post thread

Discussion in 'TR650' started by RuggedExposure, Feb 9, 2014.

1. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    THANKS.
  2. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere
    The CRF450 would probably be an awesome long distance travel bike, if not for the ridiculously short maintenance intervals and high price. Right now I don't see a very clear benefit over the CRF450X (except maybe in countries where the X isn't road legal.)
    FER QUILES likes this.
  3. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    HELLO my Terra is already 81000km. i have to change distributiion chain engine. somebody can help me.. is the same reference than F650GS XCOUNTY 2009-2012?
    i also have problems with automatical starter- somebody have has same problem?. my mechanical says is a common problem os F650gs.
    How many km we should change the distribution chain inside engine?
  4. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    83000KM. and serious problems with air sensors TPS and cilinder answer out of right time spark. We change distribution chain, tensor and check valves. we change air filter, ralenti sensor and sensor inside air filter and TPS.
    that solution the light off of engine fail, but the cilinder does not have right sound. it seems to headed not right time.

somebody with same problems.. ?

i have to hear from my mechanical, this is a problem of COJINETES DEL CIGUEÑAL, all monocilinders wiyh so many km have this sound ccilinder problem. Is it true?.
  5. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    hello friends. i am seriously thinking in change TERRA. i have been looking KTM 790 ADVENTURE R. somebody has tried?
  6. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:

790 not yet. But was invited to go testride the Tenere 700 next weekend. I'm curious as I really liked previous parallel twin engines from the Yamaha stable. I'll probably like it more than my previous Terene 660, but won't be parting with my money as long as I'm still enjoying my Terra.
  7. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    HELLO FRIENDS definately i was testing 790 adventure "S" and sensations after 15 miles is a roadmotorbike. very good engine and to low to off road. just it is worth model "R" wich is 13.300 €
    So looking for pure off road / On road, to travel everywhere i just bought TENEREE XTZ 700. WAITING TO ARRIVE TO DEALER. price to europe 9499 €. all the test drive looks big potencial off road with off road tyres, like TKC 80.

WHITE AND RED.. Somebody test it?
    my Terra has 84.000 km and so many cilinder hits, my mechanical says it could be "rodamientos del cigueñal". curiosly no power down, no oil lost, and no oil burnt as it used to be in HONDA DOMINATOR650
    PaulC likes this.
  8. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    CRF450L just 38 BHP. Which is low power to 450 cc
  9. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    SOMEBODY has made longer mileage to tERRA 650? PLEASEE reported.
  10. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:

The one I rode was black and blue. I'll just copy-paste the review I wrote on Facebook:

I owned A 660 Tenere before and it served me well for many miles. But I haven't looked back since I traded it in for the Husqy Terra. At least not until the opportunity presented itself to test ride the New T700 Tenere. That did peak my interest. I wondered how it would compare.

Of course, a bike that claims to follow it the footsteps of the iconic Tenere name requires you to sit through the obligatory marketing pitch. But it wasn't too long before we got to go out on a guided tour over a nicely varied route that included pretty much every surface except for some nice mud. The standard tyres would have struggled with that anyway.

From the get go the bike feels rather tall, but the narrow seat is forgiving for riders with a smaller stature. That seat is firm, which I do prefer for longer distances over the saggy one that came with the 660.

The engine is also a clear upgrade. Definitely does not feel as underpowered or lumpy as it's predecessor's. The CP2 engine has a pretty good reputation and it is well deserved. Very smooth, predictable and pretty fun once you hit the higher regions of its rev range. Perhaps lacks a bit of torque in the lower rpms and I would have liked a bit more engine braking. But otherwise a very decent package and definitely sufficient for the kind of riding I usually do.
    Handling is pretty light and feels neutral despite the 21inch front, which inspires immediate confidence. The center of gravity is noticeably lower than on the XT660Z, but still a bit top heavy at slow speed.

The adjustable suspension was clearly set up for good performance on smooth tarmac, but it also handled speedbumps rather well. The bumpier surfaces and off-road (or rather: soft-road) sections would have benefited from softer dampening.
    All-in-all it is an attractive little package, especially at that price point. You do notice that it's a compromise bike, built to a certain budget that makes it a very decent, but not an exceptional do-everything bike. It's competitor the 790 would have to be a LOT more fun and capable before my wallet would accept the price premium, though.

But neither of them will be replacing my Husqy TR650 Terra any time soon.
    PaulC likes this.
  11. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    The crf450l is a great bike, I put a few miles on one and really enjoyed it. I think the hp numbers from what I read are kinda all over the place. A pipe ecu upgrade really wakes up the 450l. I just purchased a ktm excf 450 six days and love it. It was between that n the Honda and I went with the ktm for resale and more farkles and both were very close to the same price. I rode both bikes back to back and didn't notice a real difference in power, I have had the ktm programmed and put the fmf titanium slip on on it. The Honda like the ktm I wouldn't want to ride for long distances on the road due to the seats and 60 mph is about a nice cruising speed. For short road trips and to get to your dirt roads or off road riding spots both are a blast to ride. I've never ridden a terra so I can't compare them but have ridden the ktm adventure series bikes and they were a lot heavier and handled no where these smaller bore bikes.
    PaulC likes this.
  12. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    So who has the most miles on their TR650?

I have been keeping the miles down on mine, and just over 10,000 miles so far. I saw some on Cycle trader with less than 4,000, and one with just over 2,000 miles.

My Strada had 21,000 miles on it when I sold it. Ran perfect no issues.

It's been 6 years now, who is still riding their TR650 besides me?

Frankie Muniz had one awhile back, I think he sold it.

https://twitter.com/frankiemuniz/status/650106537118007296
  13. sussurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint 1050, Daytona 955i
    63,000km, loving it!
    PaulC and mag00 like this.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Fantastic bike.

[IMG]
  15. PaulC F class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 2018 YZ 450F, 2019 CRF1000AT
    6 years last august and 79,000km, its been a good ride:cheers:
    post.JPG
    glitch_oz, CarstenB and mag00 like this.
  16. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    100.000km, still not looking for a replacement. :banana:
    mag00, glitch_oz and PaulC like this.
  17. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 790R RickmanZ BulsSherpaTs350
    I rented and rode the 790 S for 30 days in England. I went to the Isle of Man TT on it. A fantastic machine. I just put a downpayment on a 2020 790 R
    Motosportz, tweber and PaulC like this.
  18. NYCMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 TE310R,13 Strada,
    Other Motorcycles:
    1977 Rm125,78 Rm125, 80 RM125...KTM
    7,700 miles on my Strada. Still good.
  19. Thumpa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM Dakar, G650X
    Impressive mileage. Be curious to learn your mechanical history. And how valve checks read/adjusted over this period?
    On the verge of selling mine. It’s sat stored for 2 yrs. And funds are really tight. But it’s a hard bike to part with.
  20. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 valve checks in this period. Needed adjustment once. It's about time for another check and maybe a look at the distribution chain and tensioner. No major issues on this bike so far. Did have a crank shaft bearing failure on our other Terra. It was fixed, but the bike got retired at 80k km and replaced with another.
    Thumpa and glitch_oz like this.