The TE630 may be the best adventure touring bike made!

Discussion in '610/630' started by bmah, Sep 10, 2011.

1. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

That looks to be a great improvement. It is difficult for me to turn the key wearing gloves.
  2. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I was referring to the top of the clear screen. It emulates the Husky logo. :banana:
  3. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cool! I didn't even notice that with the Husky banner in the background. How's the airflow?
  4. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    I just finished balancing the front wheel & tire using a homemade balancer out of scrap parts. After dinner I'll go for a spirited ride on the highway and report back. Hopefully it's just a balance issue and not the fairing. organ donor mentioned how his shimmy went away after balancing.edit: wellllll, not sure if it helped...it still shimmys. smooth on some sections at 140...shimmy at 130:/
    Thanks!
    Not much different than the Lynx shield. The cutouts don't cause any extra buffeting. Works great.
  5. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    YOU ROCK..........and so does your HUSKY!! :applause:

Speaking of fuel, what was your MPG along the trip??

Also, where did you buy your black tool thermos?? I was looking for one of those but can never find one. Somebody once said they are easily found at Home Depot but I never seem to encounter them.
  6. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The front wheel shimmy is now gone! It was definitely a balancing issue. Took it to the shop and the maestro spent his valuable time re-doing it correctly. It now goes up to 170 kmh (with no wobble) but I can only do up to 150 kmh without my head getting blown off.
  7. Tagati Husqvarna
    AA Class

I also just did a 3000ish mi trip with mine. Very similar set up except as you can see I don't have the Lynx and mine is in the shop (no idea what is wrong ).
    I did have some issues
    It boiled twice and I had to find new rear rubber to get home. And 400km from home It wouldn't start after a stop. No idea if the boiling is linked to the current issue of it not starting but I should find out this week. I ran the chain dry until I got on the tar on the way home and cleaned the air filter when I was out of the desert.

Aside from the issues I am really happy with the bike and will be taking it on other big rides after I sort out the current issues. I think the Lynx would be a bloody great addition not just for the highway but also in the desert. We were sitting on 130KPH (80mph) with max speed on the GPS being 155kph (95mph) and the wind blast got really old.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  8. Tagati Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh yeah and shamless link to the video I made ;)

9. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

I go
    I got 40-53 mpg. I was getting a bit over 40 mpg on the interstate at 110-120 km/hr.
    I bought the "instruction manual holder" at agrisupply.com it was about $5.
  10. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

We have almost an identical setup! I really wish that I had a larger fuel tank for this trip. Did you find that the handling of the bike suffered with the large fuel tank?
  11. Tagati Husqvarna
    AA Class

No she handled really well. I had thought about getting a steering dampener before the trip but it turned out I didn't need it. I must say Looking at your bike and reading your experience has me sold on the Lynx.
  12. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

Anything 110 km/h and above is very tiring with the stock setup. The Lynx is noticeably more comfortable.
  13. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
  14. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

jtemple and WoodsChick like this.
  15. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    bmah and Tagati, you guys should really post up in the "Ride Reports" forum! Your photos and experiences are too cool to be hidden away in the 610/630 forum, where folks that don't have 610's/630's might not see them :)

Good stuff from both of you! :thumbsup:
  16. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Glad to help.

When I was bike shopping, what prompted me to go with the Husky was a ride report over on ADVRider. A guy there spent 3-4 months touring Mexico on his TE610.

I was either getting a KTM 690 Enduro, Suzuki DRZ400S, Yamaha WR250R or the TE630.

There's a KTM dealer right down the street. When I asked them about getting me a 690, they pretty much refused. So, after reading that ride report over on ADV, I had Hall's ship me a 630. I got mine early last year and ended up paying full MSRP. Vin #15 :)

Had the KTM dealer not blown me off, I'd probably be riding a 690 right now.
  17. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

There is a 'Ride Reports' forum?
  18. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was looking at the same models and it came down to the Husky or a used 690. The Suzuki and Yamaha would have been too stressed to do the amount of road riding that I did on this trip. IMHO
  19. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I have read stories of it being done on both the Suzuki and the Yamaha. My only concern is the gearbox on the Suzuki and the displacement being so small on the Yamaha. I know it makes great power for a 250, but at the end of the day, it's still a 250.
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Yep! Go click on Forums at the top of the page, scroll down to General, and there it is..."Get Togethers and Ride Reports." It's kinda my home away from home :D

Edit: I'll probably be starting another ride report there later today :)