The TE630 may be the best adventure touring bike made!

Discussion in '610/630' started by bmah, Sep 10, 2011.

1. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just returned from a solo trip to Canada along the Trans Labrador Highway on my TE 630. Just over 3100 miles round trip. I had zero issues with the bike. I adjusted the chain once and lubed it every day, other than that it performed flawlessly! I am very impressed with this bike! IMG_0398.jpg IMG_0411.jpg
  2. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would love to see more pictures :cheers:
    BTW, what is that "coffee thermos"(;)) on the passenger foot peg?
  3. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

No, that is a waterproof container for a spare tube and patch kit. I bought it from Agri-Supply dot com for $5.
  4. Travis Shrey Husqvarna
    A Class

How is the lynx fairing on these bikes? I rode a dr650 with one on it and something about the shape of the bike with that front end made for truly awful buffeting of the helmet.
    Reflexrider likes this.
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I would love to see more photos, too! That was one of the rides I was considering doing next year :)
  6. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

To be honest, I never adjusted the windshield from where it is in the photos. The bike was very tiring at highway speeds with the stock setup. The Lynx is a huge improvement with the air hitting around the helmet, my helmet is in the airstream but no noticeable buffeting. IMG_0380.jpg IMG_0381.jpg
  7. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

IMG_0724.jpg
    A fresh section of pavement extending the last 100 kms to Goose Bay
  8. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

IMG_0711.jpg

Along the road from Baie Comeau to Manic 5 Dam. Very scenic and nice twisties!! Sorry about the Beverly Hillbillies extra fuel storage! It worked and the fuel was needed for the 400+ KMs between Goose Bay and Port Hope Simpson.
  9. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Sweet setup, bmah. Thanks for sharing. A cross Canada ride is on my bucket list and these pics just make me wanna do it sooner than later. Did it by car already.
    Seems your Lynx also has the crooked dashboard mounting holes. Must be for key clearance???
  10. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you mean the large hole on the bottom right side of the dash, you're correct, it is for the ignition key and frankly, it could be bigger to accomodate gloved fingers.
  11. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

Lots of gravel, some deep, all on hard packed base not a time for daydreaming! IMG_0415.jpg IMG_0737.jpg

Port Hope Simpson in the distance and some of the sketchiest riding of the trip lies ahead.
    MotoXotica likes this.
  12. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Good time for a steering damper, though. ;)

I'm think of getting one...
  13. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

I suppose that I should list how the bike is equipped:

Seat Concepts Seat- excellent product and a night and day difference in comfort over the stock seat

Lynx Fairing- another excellent product and great support from Ian @ Britannia Composites!

Ricochet skid plate- listed to fit the TE610, but fits the TE630 without any modifications

Powerlet outlet- to power my heated clothing, air compressor

Symtec heated grips- easy install, two elements and reasonably priced around $40.00. I ordered mine from California Sport Touring

Husky TE630 handguards from Husky Special parts catalog

Garmin Zumo 550

Giant Loop Moto Fandango Tank bag

Giant Loop Moto Coyote Luggage- great product! You can't even tell that it is on the bike and it does not move at all, nor does it require any heat shielding from the exhaust on the TE630.

Husky Power Up kit

That's it, everything else is totally stock. I set the rear shock sag to 90mm with the bike loaded and with my riding gear on. Zero issues with head-shake or any other undesirable handling traits. I was very impressed with the suspension on this bike, the rougher the road got, the better the ride! Easily the best stock suspension of any bike that I've owned!

If I could have a wish list from Husky to improve this bike, it would be to add compression adjustment on the fork and a larger fuel tank, that's it!
    josem likes this.
  14. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

IMG_0431.jpg

The road leading into Blanc Sablon, Quebec and the ferry ride to St. Barbe, Newfoundland.
  15. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

IMG_0458.jpg

The stock Karoo at 3,000 miles. I really should have had a tire shipped ahead for this trip. This tire caused me a good bit of anxiety and I finally found a replacement tire in Nova Scotia. The Kenda replacement tire was a street tire, it had tread and I had nothing but blacktop between Sydney, NS and New Hampshire, so, it was a real relief!
    icebergstu likes this.
  16. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    I meant how it's at an angle. Ian could've drilled the holes a little further left for clearance. The wires aren't long enough to go up so he probably compromised:
    crooked.jpg
    But yeah, the hole could be bigger as well. This is it now with a 1/4" thick abs dash. Much better access with the computer out of the way:
    dash.jpg
  17. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was limited as to where I could mount the Zumo. I would have liked to mount it in the center of the dash, but the only way to do that would have been to use 1" stand offs and the Zumo would have over lapped the computer. In the end, I used 1/2" offsets and mounted the GPS off to the right side. Ian actually sent me a spare ABS dash with no cutouts to design my own dash, since he recognized how tight the dash would be with the Zumo mount. The compromise with my setup is that the Garmin can only be removed with tools from the mount since the mount release is blocked by the nut holding the dash together on the top right side of the dash. I'm OK with that as it makes it that much harder for someone to steal the Zumo.
  18. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Somebody could still turn it on and drain the battery!

Really? Did you have your wheels balanced? Mine shakes above 135 or so.
  19. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nope, I just set the sag. I've been meaning to check the balance of the front wheel, I'll check it when I mount the Mefo Super Explorer on the rear.
  20. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I like the custom windscreen cut! :thumbsup:
    Robertino likes this.