The iBeat Thread

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Aug 16, 2014.

1. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    I ran into this exact thing on HisPistolship's '08 610. We crossed paths in the Keys last March and I had the stuff with me on the Wing so we hooked it up. In hindsight I think we didn't have the right sequence of things.

2. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Are you clicking co2 in the toolbar, or Feedback? That confused me- the lingo.
  3. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Yes CO, doesn't matter what you do it won't highlight or open.

IBEATSCR.jpg
  4. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Ok desktop is doing the same,no CO box highlighted.I have a flashing fail box .O2 sensor high value.Haven't noticed it before with PU resistor in place.Does the O2 sensor normal present as a fail with a resistor in place?

IBEAT DESKTOP.JPG
  5. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    No, that is not normal.

6. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800, KTM 525 EXC
    How much does your Spark Advance change while running?

I have the Arrow ECU and finally got iBeat. When cold it is at ~13.x - 14.x, once warmed up it seems to hover around 10.x deg.
  7. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    You can see spark advance on my dyno pull vid on first page.

8. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    WickedWill

I may be wrong here, but I thought the consensus was to not have a tuner installed and set the CO's to 100. Then hook up the efi tuner, PC, JD etc.

Also, when we only had iBeat v2 I recall it was not 100% compatible with my friends 2010 TE 450, could only adj. CO's down and not up I think. I don't recall any 630 issues with v2 though. v2.1 is the one to have. Is the iBeat version you are running v2.1?
  9. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800, KTM 525 EXC
    Yeah, that was interesting how much of a range it goes through. But on idle yours seems to sit at 8.4? The picture above was at 17.9 (which I assume is a cold engine). Trying to see what the effects of the Arrow ECU is. Currently with just an FMF pipe I had to adjust the iBeat way down (everyone else seems to be going up) to get it to run right.
  10. eddychecker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TCX250 & 2013 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 450XCW
    You do not need the semco connector, one from amazon works every bit as good, without the slick semco packaging, but it's only $8.00. I own an Aprilia Futura, ultra cool modern and exciting sport tourer circa 2001. It has a Sagem computer that is quite tune-able with the freeware tuning software Tune ECU . Following the forum instructions, I modified my OBD2 adapter to work with my Futura and had very good results. My amazon adapter has the output capabilities required for the iBeat software. Looking at the output for ISO9141, the K Link (post 7 on the OBD2 connector) is the very one we need for the iBeat software and Mikuni EFI. On the TXCi 250, the diagnostic plug has five wires attached to it, however I used only three of them. Pins 1,5 & 6 are the ones needed. 1 is for the computer interface, 5 & 6 are for the power coming from the bike. On the OBD2 connector, pins 5, 7 & 16 are the ones required. 7 is the interface wire, it connects to 1 on the bike. 5 & 16 are for the positive and negative from the bike (5&6)

Here is a link for the OBD2 connector pinout:
    http://www.mbcluster.com/Media_Diagnostics/ODBII Master Pinout.jpg

I tried it today and it works!
    Spice Weasel likes this.
  11. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    Please forgive my ignorance, which pins are 1,5 & 6?

Attached Files:

12. eddychecker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TCX250 & 2013 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 450XCW
    W/V white and violet is 1
    Blue is 5
    Gray is 6
  13. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Yes both computers 2.01.I have had ibeat hooked up in the past and it worked.I run a bazzaz zfi and originally set all my co to 100 no problems no fails etc,this was sometime ago.What i am trying to do is set my second map up to 0 and play with co settings and see what results i get.I am thinking i might have a issue with my o2 eliminator plug.I guess i will grab a resistor and test again with ibeat.
    Something interesting while playing around with the bazzaz i found was with the low setting at 100 my idle up to 5% throttle into the 2500rpm range was lean.I built my map with autotune but the program doesn't tune below 3000rpm.
    Adding at 0% throttle 1500rpm+8 ,2000+10,2500+10
    5% 20000+6,2500+6
    Gets me into the 14's afr
    Prior to that at just off idle it would have a slight surge and mild erractic idle ,nothing major.
    Looking at the dynojet maps they take fuel out down low at a couple of points. I guess their is no one map fits all.
    guiliguan likes this.
  14. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    I checked my 2008 610.
    So what im seeing as white/brown must be pin 1 ?

Attached Files:

15. eddychecker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TCX250 & 2013 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 450XCW
    What you see as white is actually W/V white/violet, that is pin 1. Pin 5, B or blue, is ground and pin 6, Br/W Brown/White, is positive (you call it white and brown). Here is the url of the manual and the wiring diagram is on page 367. Look at item 2 in a circle, that is the diagnostic plug.
    Michel Chaka and Spice Weasel like this.
  16. guiliguan Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 250 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 640 adventure 2001
    I thought still have the cable ,can't find it,I order an other one ,have to wait ...:doh:
  17. Cavery Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    I picked up the USB OBDII cable suggested by eddychecker a few posts back. Hoping to test it out this weekend. Does anyone know if the data connector in the Mikuni huskies is a standardized connector? Id like to convert the cable with a nice clean plug instead of having to connect the wires to the pins individually. If someone knows where I could source the correct plug please share.
  18. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
  19. Cavery Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
  20. eddychecker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TCX250 & 2013 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 450XCW
    Don't be afraid to open the OBD2 adapter and solder directly to the pins inside instead of buying the OBD2 plug. I have two separate plugs wired to my adapter and do not use the OBD2 plug at all. I'm also quite thrifty and didn't want to spend the extra money.