The iBeat Thread

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Aug 16, 2014.

1. maq67 Husqvarna
    A Class

hola, iBeat y kkl interfaz 409 puede operar en mi TE 450 2007?
  2. Magus Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia SXV550 Aprilia RS125
    So, I bought the cable (and drivers) from Semco. If a guy was looking for the software... Any options?
  3. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    First post in thread...

Edit: It appears that link quit working? I'll look into it...

Magus likes this.
  4. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Magus likes this.
  5. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    I think i have found an old laptop i can borrow to run ibeat. I have downloaded the software ... So am I right in saying i only need to purchase the cable from semco as the software above is the same as the disc they sell ?
  6. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
  7. Boheme Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW K1200RS
    I thought I was all set to install and run with iBeat on my Windows Vista 32 bit system...But...I get an error during install that reads something like "Key invalid for your State". The install quits. So I'm thinking "State" may mean "Country" in the broken Japanese that I see in the docs. The install knows my Country but likely not my state. Any thoughts? I have iBeat 2.1.

Update 5-31-2015:

Hold on, I found the problem. The error was not an iBeat message but a Windows registry message. I'm a Linux guy and always get confused by archaic Windows. I got the software installed and seem good to go.
  8. h59elmer Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
  9. Timberline Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Have you guys heard anything about HST (the dealer software for the FI) being updated and no longer allowing changes to the FI map on the pre-KTM Huskies? My dealer uses that and says the new version they got last year is "read-only" for my 630 but the previous version would allow changes. I mentioned iBeat but the tech said he's heard of it but never used it (and obviously doesn't have it). They're calling the Husky rep to get direction on how to change the fuel map on my 630 with the new version of HST... and we're playing the waiting game for Husky to call him back.
  10. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've never heard of it (HST). Wouldn't surprise me if they took away the adjustment function to placate the EPA.

I'd tell anyone who plans to keep a 630 to download iBeat while you can, even if you don't buy/make the adapter now.

11. Boheme Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW K1200RS
    Does anyone have a known working iBeat image that they can share with me? I'm still stuck trying to install the one found here:
    iBeat https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yr7xbfh36dl4ot/iBeat 2.1.iso?dl=0

Getting a message saying: Key not valid for use in specified state. I changed my country to Japan and Canada but no joy.

All I want to do is set my TPS since the dealer in Tucson was clueless about any pre KTM bikes. I'm installing on a 32 bit laptop running Vista, which is supposed to work!

Edit 5-30-2015:
    I found that the error message was a Windows registry error (or maybe a cryptography key issue) and not an iBeat install error. I logged on as another user and was able to install. Yeehah! I live in the Linux world and don't get out much :)
  12. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    You might send "jtemple" a message to see if he still has it on his google drive.

13. Sharoni Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 450 2008
    hi guys
    has any one had problems with installing the drivers for the cable??
    i made the cable from the obd2 one and i'm unable to install the proper drivers to have a port com that is communicating with the bike.
    can some one post how to install the drivers or mybe some pics of how should the driver look in the device manager.
    im using win 7 32 bit
  14. Boheme Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW K1200RS
    I bought the Amazon adapter and see that it comes with a driver cd. So did you use that driver or the one that comes with iBeat? Both? I'm guessing that in this case "driver" means the low level program that allows communication over the cable/com port.
  15. Sharoni Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 450 2008
    i downloaded the ibeat software from here:
    iBeat .iso file https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yr7xbfh36dl4ot/iBeat%202.1.iso?dl=0
    installed ibeat on win 7 32 bit from a virtual cd. and so far all is good.

when i tried to install the obd2 cable drivers from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aoez1atenxm77cu/iBeat Husqvarna EFU USB V2 Drivers 1.0.iso?dl=0
    i'm not able to install it.

i tried to install a different obd2 drivers from the cable manufacture and it is installing them - this is what i get as the obd2 drivers from the device manger "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge(com3)"
    the problem now that the ibeat software don't react to it when i plug it to my husky, it gives me the "communication stop" signal

**what driver should i install for the cable and how ?
  16. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    ODBII cables are not all the same. I run into the same issue when getting one for using on my KTM 990.
    They have different chipsets, and thus require different drivers.
    You can see that discussion here. That was for Tuneecu. But I would suspect the same kind of issue/restriction would apply with iBeat.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=921377
  17. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Checking in. I have the iBeat software, but it's not sitting on my Google Drive right now. Boheme did send me a PM but I think he got his download issue worked out without me.

Anyway, if you need it, just PM me and I'll put it back up again. I took it down just because it was taking up space and I think the demand had died off.
  18. Boheme Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW K1200RS
    Yeah Sharoni I am in the same spot that you are. I used the instructions from eddychecker and used the same cable he did, but am also getting the "communication stop" error. That cable is designed for VAG-COM which is a Volkswagen scan tool. I happened to have a VW Passat and was able to test the cable and the driver that came with it and it works.

If the driver is only providing a COM port for I/O for iBeat it seems it could work; however if the settings for the com port are different than VAG-COM expects it could fail. As I recall it was setting baud to 10.4K and there are several other settings. I'm thinking it may be possible to override via the "command window" whatever the VAG-COM driver configures after it loads. Just need the right settings. Anybody? Options are:
    Serial port:
    MODE COMm[:] [BAUD=b] [PARITY=p] [DATA=d] [STOP=s] [RETRY=r]
    Typing "mode com[1,2,3,4]" will show current settings.
  19. eddychecker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TCX250 & 2013 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 450XCW
    One of the most important things to remember about iBeat is the sequence you turn things on. With the computer on, plug in the USB adapter. Then plug the bike in. Now turn on the bike and see that the LED on the adapter is lit. Only after it's lit, open iBeat. It should work if your wires are attached correctly.
    Fooschnickenz and jtemple like this.
  20. Boheme Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW K1200RS
    The suggestion from eddychecker to use the chassis ground pin (4) from the OBDII connector instead of signal ground (5) did the trick for me! I was able to finally set my TPS, a trivial task after all this work! Thanks for the great info and assistance from all the contributors.