The iBeat Thread

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    I got iBeat working on my windows 7 64 bit laptop by installing it from DVD in virtual PC XP mode
    A good friend donated an ELM 372 interface to my cause and i will order the plugs i linked to further up to make an adapter.
    Also, thanks to all the people who contributed the information to this thread that im using
  2. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    Spice Weasel - glad its working. What settings are you going for on your 610?
  3. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    I have a JD Tuner fitted so i will be going 100, 100, 100
    The plugs i ordered from China to make the adapter havent arrived yet so I havent plugged the bike up yet, so i probably have more problems in store.
  4. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Going to have a crack at building a connector.Easy way ext has wires already add plug and use my car reader

Attached Files:

5. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    I have the adapter made.
    I cant get the USB ports to attach in virtual XP mode and iBeat wont run on Windows 7 64
    So it all depends on me getting these ports to attach.
  6. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Took me a bit of mucking round on vm to get the drivers to connect.Manual install and search of ports in vm I think got it open.
  7. djhurayt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 SMR450
    anybody know how to order the connectors Spice W posted that will ship to the USA?
  8. djhurayt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 SMR450
    DYNOBOB
    from you original post
    The software file is a .iso file which means you download it, burn file to cd, and then install from the cd. The computer needs to be a 32bit Windows machine so if you have an older laptop you're probably set.

I obviously don't know what I am doing. I downloaded the iBeat & drivers files (from your page 5 post), got two .iso files. Burned them to a CD. All I ended up with was a CD with the exact same .iso files that were on the thumb drive. When I click on one of them it expects me to burn them to a disc. I must need to do something special when burning to a disk or something, what am I missing ???.
  9. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    OK, I will humour you, but you are struggling at this stage........and its only going to get worse
    Simply cut and paste the titles of the connectors I posted into your search function on ebay

You need to burn iBeat to CD as an image or use winzip and simply install it from your HDD by opening the windows installer package file
  10. djhurayt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 SMR450
    Yes, I will be the first to admit I struggle with ones and zeros. However I do use a lot of high end design software (cadd, FEA, magnetic analysis, etc) in fuel injector design, but once one of those ones or zeros get out of place, I'm done, call in IT.

But thanks for humoring me :)

david
  11. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    It's been a while since I did it but this sounds familiar ..

12. djhurayt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 SMR450
    thanks DB, I got it now. Not sure why I even needed to make a CD, I just unzipped what I downloaded from you and away I go. Not to imply that I am going away, I have complete confidence since losing my local dealer that I will be back with MANY stupid questions.

TIA for everybodies help
    david
  13. eddychecker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TCX250 & 2013 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 450XCW
    Download a freeware zip file program like 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/download.html It can extract and open the iso file in one shot without any cd. Open and install the file on a 32 bit windows computer and get tuning!
  14. djhurayt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 SMR450
    e-checker, exactly what i did

DYNO-B, did you ever solve the bottom of the screen not showing on your netbook?

Anybody else running a netbook? Same issue ???, if not what netbook?
  15. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    No I didn't, the bottom is still cut off.

16. eddychecker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TCX250 & 2013 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 450XCW
    Connect to another monitor that is full sized. It will show then.
  17. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere

Or change the resolution of your current monitor, but then all your other stuff will be unreadable small until you change it back. You'll need to reboot the netbook after each change also.

If I remember on mine it was only the dashboard page in iBeat that got cut off. All the info found there can be found on the individual tab pages so you're not really missing anything except the display convenience. You cannot make changes from the dashboard anyway.

_
  18. djhurayt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 SMR450
    Is iBeat able to reflash an ECU or is that a different piece of software? And if so, is it available to the general public?
  19. grinder96 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR800, XR80
    I tried to change the resolution on my ACER...no go and no bottom, oh well all the real info is on top!!
  20. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630