Terra OEM Air Filter

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Rapid Dog, Mar 30, 2017.

1. bogwheel Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650?
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bultacos
    Bike has been used off road.
    Also noticed at 100kph it now revs at 4250rpm (with std box 4000). At 105 kph it revs at 4500rpm. With std box it seemed much easier to get from 100 to 120kph.
  2. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    Umm.......only gearing changes (or tire size) can change the RPM's a bike runs at a given speed.........unless your clutch is slipping.
    PaulC likes this.
  3. MadDogTR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, many.
    Or a really worn out rear tire. :eek:

4. michael prowda Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '69 Triumph BMW R1200GS BMW RS1250
    any one have to part number for the foam uni filter that will replace the oem air box setup? i ride road only with my strada and couldn’t detect any dust so i’d rather not rip my throttle body cover to bits and do the pod mod.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The online product catalog for Uni Filter indicates that they don't make anything for it. You might wish to e-mail them with an inquiry about it. Hi-Flow makes a paper replacement that is less expensive than OEM. Not sure if that is available in the U.S. They seem to be available in Europe.
  6. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    I
    I'm pretty sure that Unifilter Australia (a separate company to Unifilter in the US) makes the foam filter for the TR650. Their page claims that they are the only foam filter supplier worldwide for the TR650.

There are links on this page for suppliers in other continents.

https://www.uniflow.com.au/contents/en-us/d367_HUSQVARNAADV.html
  7. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar

https://www.uniflow.com.au/contents/en-us/d367_HUSQVARNAADV.html

this will replace the paper filter but not the "air box setup" and will not help to better seal the airbox. Can you explain what you mean with "oem air box setup"?
  8. sussurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint 1050, Daytona 955i
    That Aussie Unifilter works with the 3D printed air box mod.
    So essentially you have a different "door" entrance to the airbox which is designed to accommodate the Unifilter.
    I've been using this system since the bike was virtually new. 1 day of dirt riding was all it took to fowl my air box & throttle body!
  9. PaulC F class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 2018 YZ 450F, 2019 CRF1000AT

Apparently the K&N filter has a better seal and probably easier to get. PM Mark_H for some details.
  10. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar

installed mine when the Terra was new and had no issues with dirt since. Needs additional work to seal the airbox but i prefer it over the pod-mod. IMG_0153.JPG IMG_0156.JPG IMG_0164.JPG
  11. michael prowda Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    OEM meaning the stock setup that came with the bike. I just hate the idea of cutting into the throttle body shroud but people say it makes a difference with the way the bike performs. REALLY? I can see if you ride dirt this is necessary but...Does anyone have that 3D printed air box mod for sale. I could see doing that as a better solution and still maintaining easy access for filter servicing.
    I don't ride dirt.
  12. michael prowda Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    OmG is that cool or what!? Who's got one of those I can purchase or trade? There are some seriously handy people on this site and I've got more enthusiasm than trained skill.
  13. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    you can have it 3d printed using Errol's files http://3dthings.com.au/downloads/
    just remember that you need the Unifilter from Australia and the relatively expensive 3M glue to install it. It probably can be installed with the airbox in place but it's easier when it's removed. That would also help to seal the airbox at the seam and the internal divider. The pod mod is probably less involved.
  14. sussurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint 1050, Daytona 955i
    I took my air box to Errol's in Canberra back in the day and he did it for me on the spot, & fed me!
    One clever cookie that guy...
  15. michael prowda Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    worth it to take a trip down under just to have it printed. always enjoyed my visits to oz. great place, and friendly from my experience.
    have to wait until the dust settles on all that going on.
    thank you.
    michael
  16. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    No, it doesn't. Just because they can hear a little more of the induction noise doesn't mean that there's anything more happening under the seat.
    That said though I'm glad I went for the PodMod as there are no issues with broken/ cracked printed frames plus I can run a disposable $2 pre-filter
    which can be changed within 3 minutes/ no tools in place of the OEM/ printed frame affair. Nor did I need to pull the airbox/ tear half the bike down to get to it in order to seal it properly.

Haven't changed or cleaned the airbox-internal Pod filter since I installed it all those years ago. A quick spray of filter oil every 8000mi and a fresh pre-filter sock every now and then (I tend to do a fair bit of dirt/ gravel) is all that's needed.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/pottering-around.39580/page-9#post-604716
  17. KiwiTR Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Does anyone else find the main wiring loom blocks the air filter access door from easily opening? I’m tempted to re-route the loom to the same line that the throttle (?) cable takes to free up some room…..
  18. Johnn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    T4 Moto Guzzi
    I don't have any problems . Photo of main harness and draw attached. Suspension removed for servicing.

Attached Files:

19. KiwiTR Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Thanks John - I ended up re-routing mine below the radiator mount and now running alongside the clutch cable. Works good for me - mine was a real pain to get past when opening the air box door. Cheers.