te610/630 Clucth Cush Washers group buy info

Discussion in '610/630' started by Stujam, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    Hi Glen, you may already be aware, but if not Stephan sold R&D late last year. He was still there a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure what his plans are, other than more riding time!

Sad day today for me, have sold the 630 after the rebuild R&D did, and the buyer is collecting it tomorrow. So that'll leave me with just the 701 (until I add a 501 not too far down the track)!
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Hi Russ, long time no see. I understand the business they sold is the new bike business. I heard that Stefan will still keep the old parts business.
    Please let me know if this is incorrect.
    Have a look at the Beta 480 as well I think you will be very surprised Russ. The 701 is a real beast, had a ride recently-wow.
    I recently bought a SWM 650 and am delighted with it. Still love my 310's for tight single trail though. Having the 09 doctored up at the moment-just a refresh. Cant kill those motors.
    Cheers Mate
  3. Sizzler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600, SZR660, TLM260. DRZ250
    It was Stephan who told me there are no rivets in Oz.
    I wasn't aware he had sold up. I am not impressed with the new mechanic, who does not like Italian-built Huskys at all.
  4. Etze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    Non
    Does he sell a upgraded version of the Cup washers? what Material?
  5. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Hi Glen,
    I'm not sure whether Stefan sold all or part of the business - I thought all but didn't discuss specifically. I can't imagine that just the new bike business could provide sufficient revenue or scale to operate profitability, and suspect it's the parts supply business that underpins the entire operation, given their reputation as the "go to" dealer in Australia for Husky parts. When I was speaking with the new owner he was talking about the importance of the parts business and quite a revamp the whole business model, although didn't specify what.

The mechanic I was dealing with & who rebuilt my bike was very knowledgeable and had been there for years. I wasn't aware they had a new one, so I wonder whether the old one decided not to continue on, as he sounded like a bloke who wouldn't be dictated to - somewhat of an old school, which I liked!

Yes, I've heard great things about the Betas, but am deterred I guess by their limited dealer network & my unfamiliarity with the brand. Think I'll just stick with the KTM/Husky, as they are more than good enough for me, particularly as I'm used to muscling around the 630/701 sized bikes. A 501 is a lightweight by comparison.

The 701's performance on road is incredible for a single, with acceleration from 110-160 and the ability to maintain pace extraordinary. The 630 was pretty good & by no means underpowered, but the 701 is a different experience altogether. The new model(2017) has the new Duke engine in it, so 3hp more (up to 70) & an extra counter balancer, so reportedly smoother than a twin. If I'd known that was on the way I'd have waited for the new model. Before buying the 2016 I asked Stefan whether there would be any changes in 2017 other than BNG and he assured me not, so proceeded on that basis and consequently am very disappointed in that part of my dealings with him to be honest.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your 650, as most owners seem to once they've spent a little time setting them up Was surprised you had it though, as you bought a fairly new 630 then sold it quickly, so thought you mustn'tve wanted that class of bike.
  6. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hi Rus, one of my dodgy decisions, was using the dirt bikes and the Ducati 90% of the time and was made a good offer for my 630 so I sold it. Anyway I regretted it almost immediately and bit the bullet on the 650 and find it a really well accomplished ride.
    Mate its hard to nock the 501's on this page but they are in my view they are not as flexible and flickable in the bush as the 480. Have ridden my mates 6 day 500 KTM, great power particularly 4th through 6th gear on fire trails- ballistic actually.
    I did find that directional change was significantly more difficult, the front brakes not as responsive or feel as good and the front boingers were not right at all. My mate is the same weight and size as me by the way.
    Also close to $2k more expensive. All I can say is I cant believe how good the 480 is.
    Sizzlers comments above are not a positive re Stefan and R&D, disappointing, I have dealt with them for years and used to ride occasionally with Hans, his Dad (I should say try to keep up-he was an ISDE 6 Day representative) and can ride like a champion. His mates Glenn Allerton and Porky Eldrige (also an ISDE rep) introduced me. Hans was the original Husky importer into Aus by the way and still rides a 310 and a 630.

Cheers Mate and good luck with the new bike.
    Cheer.
  7. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks Glen, out of interest how do you find the 650 compared with the 630, given they're supposed to be pretty much the same platform? The reports I've heard of the 650 are very favourable once they have been set up.

Thanks for the feedback re the 480/501. I've heard only very good things about the Beta. I took a 2017 501 (and 350) for a quick test ride a few weeks ago at R&D and was a little underwhelmed - felt a bit rough and underpowered given I'd been led to believe it's a beast. No doubt part of that was because it was stock standard & therefore probably restricted. Perhaps I'm also just used to my well set up bigger bikes - 630 with Arrow pipes & ECU & JD tuning kit, and 701 with the wings pipe. Anyway I'll get this traumatic day out of the way first, but not helped by learning you regretted your decision to sell almost immediately and that of all bikes Hans could choose the 630 is one of them!

I'll be very interested in how R&D pans out, as I like to see a strong, successful & innovative dealer and their parts stock and expertise is very important to riders and other dealers. I hope they haven't lost their old mechanic, as that is a key position. The old one had much knowledge and direct customer contact, which allowed me to discuss the problems and recommended solutions re the recent rebuild.
  8. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The 650 is pretty good out of the box. It has golden tyres 201 GT's that are pretty darn good. Only issue is they are tubeless. I have a Prielli Scorpion Rally on front and a Michelin BT 63 on the rear.
    I suspect the same issues will carry over from the 630 namely the rear frame being suspect and the cush drive.
    I have put on radiator guards, bash plate, rear rack and bark busters and flexible off road mirrors.
    Next will be a 2-1 exhaust-probably a Barrat.
    Went for a rotopax as I am not into big tanks up front and most of my rides are in the 150-250 Km a day range.
    The front suspension has a tad less travel and makes it better for hard on road braking; ie less front end dive. I dont fang this bike as much as my huskies or Beta so travel is good for me.
    The ECU I believe is new and it seems good out of the box. They have used quality components such as magura, brembo etc. So far so good.
    Russ likes this.
  9. Babelfish Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610E mod 2000
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 EXC, VTR1000F, ER6n
    For anyone looking: As of today I can confirm that Bertie still have a few sets available. I took contact a week ago and today the were in the post box.
  10. Taranis Husqvarna
    AA Class

Stujam,

If you're still around here, what does the "tool steel" in your sketch of the parts mean? What type of tool steel? I assume you were heat treating it post-machining? Or not? Any reason a basic 4130 or something like that (perhaps with better machinability) wouldn't work just fine?
  11. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Stujam was last seen here November 2018. I suspect he no longer owns the bike and does not check here.