te610/630 Clucth Cush Washers group buy info

Discussion in '610/630' started by Stujam, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Hi all

UPDATE - Friday 13 November orders are in and parts are being made for the one off run. I hope to have them back and start posting them in a few weeks.

I have ordered a few extra sets and when all the below people who have paid have theirs sets there may be a handful left over for sale & 70Aud + post.

To order please email me putting you username in the subject and full name & delivery address in the content . I can then provide you direct deposit details or send a pay pal request to you . If you have a pay pal account you can pay me directly using my email address - again use your cafe husky / adv username as the reference .

Order list
    justintyme x 1 - paid
    theLettterJ x 2 paid
    Homerb x 1 paid
    BlueKnob x 1 paid
    Radmann10 x 1 paid
    Nessy x 1 paid
    JonathanNickel x 1 paid
    Bully adv x 1 paid
    Kevin Armstrong x 2 paid
    Rickcj7 x 1 paid
    Huskyfatman x 1 paid
    Dustrbuva x 1 paid
    Kirkbybikes x 2 paid
    A (andreas) x 1 paid
    Ivan Pullinen x 1 paid
    Thumperama x 1 paid
    John Brown x 1 paid
    Huffaker x1 paid
    Andrew H x 1 paid
    Russ x 1 paid
    DRHEK x 2 paid
    Arno J Drrags x 1 paid
    RT - Teeblatt x 1 paid
    Kloc x 2 paid
    Cinerider KR x 1 paid
    Somesuch x 1 paid
    rsl47m x 1 paid
    Mattyv x 1 paid
    Adventcha uncut x 1 paid
    FatBob x 1 paid
    bapo x 1 paid
    Twolane x 1 paid
    Tinken likes this.
  2. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Hi all,
    I had a another 7 or 8 members on the original "interest" list that have not contacted me yet to order. If we have not got the numbers before the cut off date I will cover the cost for the remaining sets (20 was the minimum order). After that the extra sets will be offered at a slightly higher price ( as I forgot to allow for paypal fees in the above pricing )..

So if you are keen, or have not changed your washers it would be a good time to get on board and order.
  3. Andrew Hammond Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 Yamaha wr400
    Are these used on a 2008 sm610? If so, I would like to be added to the list.

-Andrew
  4. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Hi Andrew the parts manual indicates they are the same and other sm owners are ordering . Details for ordering are in post #1
  5. Teeblatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure, KTM 640 Adventure
    Email Sent.

Hope it isn't to late to get on board for a set for my TE.

Update ...
    Payment Sent

Thanks for the Italian Husky community support
  6. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630

All good mate, order going in friday morning... so turnaround should be about 2 weeks .. .. then I will be busy packing and sending .. :thumbsup:
  7. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I hate to rain on the party but the washers being harder and thicker will wear the cast aluminum clutch parts even faster and is a temporary bandaid.

A cushioned rear hub is more of a fix.
  8. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Ye 100% a cush hub is going save a lot to of wear. Doing nothing will result in wear on washers and bits of washers coming apart and creating lots of problems .
    I have personally pulled apart 3 610 clutches with 5-10k on the motor and all 3 had broken & thin washers . They where put back together with indys washers ( same as what i am having made ) and 10k later all have little to no signs of wear .
    The stock washers are weak - but i think encouraging people to look at a cush hub ( which i have on my 630 ) is wise .,
  9. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Don't forget that the harder washers are wearing on the same softer aluminum clutch hub and basket.

The hardened washers are certain to wear less. Did you also measure the parts that they engage at both tear downs?

I have a strong feeling that the engineering dictated soft washers for a reason.
    The earlier 610s came with a cushioned rear hub.
    I'm still looking for one but I may be forced to get a Rad set up.

Is that what you went with Stu?
    Good luck keep us up to date :)
  10. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I see what you're saying and don't necessarily disagree (and certainly agree that the cush hub is also the right move) but, in my opinion and in agreement w/ Stu, I think leaving the stock stuff in place is just wrong. As Stu pointed out it's just not worth the risk (which borders on guarantee) that bits of cup washers are going to fly about and cause greater widespread damage. If the hub/basket are going to wear so be it- that's measurable/observable and pales in comparison to what may happen if pieces of washers fly about inside.
    Spice Weasel and Xcuvator like this.
  11. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

I've been keeping an eye on mine, last had it open around 14k miles, with no failed spring cups yet. Some are a bit thin but none are falling apart. I've got a new set of the heavy duty retainers and rivets and may do them this winter, but there is no guarantee that they will fail early. And I don't ride easy...
  12. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I'd agree- there's no guarantee they'll fail. In fact I recall reading about yours with interest and am glad for you they haven't. Now I'm obviously in the camp that believes it's more likely to happen than not, based on reports seen here. Regardless and also based on those reports I couldn't enjoy the ride as much feeling like it was only a matter of time. Sure enough mine were thin enough to where they would have started coming apart soon. I know from reading your posts you're not lazy about opening up the case cover to check, so as long as someone's willing to keep a close enough eye on it then you're good.

14K is unusually high on these, which makes one wonder if there were different batches/origins of materials somewhere along production runs. I'd be curious to hear just how many miles you get, but of course don't push it too far.
  13. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

That's my theory on it, or bad heat treat, seeing so many reports of early failure.
    I've seen plenty of things fail due to bad heat treat batches that weren't caught, between work and firearms.
    I've had off-the-shelf die components shatter like glass because they were overhardened.
  14. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Orders are in and parts will be machined soon, sent for hardening next week and hopefully back to me the following. They will be then sent out via Australia post.

Cheers Stu
    drrags and Thumperama like this.
  15. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Just an update . Washers are made , just waiting for them , hopefully if they get to me by the end of this week i can start posting them out next week .
    Homerb, Thumperama and justintyme like this.
  16. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    Thanks Stu.
  17. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Hi all

parts are in .. i have them bagged, just gotta find a few hours to spend at the post office.. will get them out before the end of the week ..

cheers Stu
    drrags likes this.
  18. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    Thanks Stu. :)
  19. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    2.5 hours in the post office and 30 odd packages have being sent. . Should be 7-10days.

Postage worked out a bit cheaper then I quoted, but I lost about $4 per order in pay pal fees so all up there was about $6 per order left after costs. I just want to make its all transparent as this was never a profit making exercise. I had spent a few $ extra of my own to have more sets made so this will cover that , and these sets can be used in the event of any going missing..

Happy wrenching, be kind to your Husky

Stu
    Blazes and Xcuvator like this.
  20. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Stu, that's awesome!

Thank you for the time, effort and leg work you put into getting the washers made and posted. You have made many new winter projects (Northern Hemisphere) for us on the list and our Husky's thank you!

Kirk