TE449 Press release

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by fitness2go, Jul 26, 2010.

1. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

Serenity now. Thanks.
  2. LEADVILLEHUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

Wow!! Wish it was blue and yellow!
  3. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hmm.. I'm not sure what to make of this new fangelled thing they call a Husqvarna... I cant helpp feel that there is no Husqvarna in there, But I do see a lot of BMW
  4. rajobigguy Administrator

I'm pretty sure there is still a fair amount of Husky DNA in there.
  5. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeh I'd like to think so but knowing the last model pretty good and also the BMW I get the big feeling they have dissolved the main assets of the husqvarna and replaced it with BMW design. I have had a lot to do with the BMW vehicle headlight designs and I know the German way of things seeing i work for a German company... I guess time will tell hey
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Other than the base motor the rest is said to be all husky and looks like it to me.
  7. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    husky is a state of mind. regardless of what's under the hood. the spirit is alive.

some judged the weight high on the 449. aint that far off, esp with the magic button! look at the CR450F, or even the X model. it aint no lightweight at all, and the CRF-X is a pig. one thing i've noted about the husky 4T motors is the difference in power and tractability vs. the other 5. i like the husky power delivery much better and there's no shortage of it anywhere. my '07 TC is a prime example. i've swapped bikes with other on the asians and they remark how much torque is has and how much less buzzing ya gotta do to get it to go. with the revs kept in the mid to upper mid the suspension works MUCH better.

i want Ty's bike for a dez specific mount. the torque, the ride and some nice moist desert pan for bush-slaloming would be freakin' epic guys.

gimme!!!
  8. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

As a new convert to a Husky .... the only other bike I´d even look at is a `Berg (but am not willing to take on the maintenance and difficulties of getting it registered for road use here). There´s just no alternative.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    it is my feeling the new 449/511 will be a LOT like the new Bergs in feel and performance. But sexier and better :p
  10. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e

That power delivery feeling will be gone with the new 449 and 511. Most of that comes from the engine and it's a BMW engine. Now Husky may have tweaked it a bit, but at its core, it's a completely different and new (to Husky) engine.

That said.... I think the new engine will do fine. The CTS should keep the power delivery smoooooooth. Very smooth. As long as the weight and distribution is good, the geometry and handling are good and the suspension is good, it should be a fantastic bike.

What I want to know is the difference between the 449 and 511. Is it just bore? Is there a gearing difference? The weight is identical. Seems pointless to rob yourself of a little extra power and go small with the 449...
  11. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Thats a little interesting .. adding 28cc does not sound like much ... Changing the name to 511 indicates a much bigger change ... Sounds more like a marketing ploy than a >500 cc bike ...

That 630 looks purtty ...
  13. Klas Husqvarna
    A Class

I have changed my testbike to a TE 449 from a TE 310

Klas
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    please post everything you can on the bike as we in the USA are hungry for info.

K