TE449 Press release

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by fitness2go, Jul 26, 2010.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I do.

The motor has been around for a few years not and not "first year" and said to be quite refined. The EFI is said to be fantastic like the Bergs. While I'm not wild over the fact that is is a borrowed design and not built in Germany or Italy it does seem well proven and raced hard. I see no reason why it will not perform well for my use. The rest is all husky and I have no issues with any bikes so far. Judging on the past experience and knowing they looked long and hard at mass centralization which i am a full believer in after extensive time on the Bergs, I bet it handles brilliantly. Proven motor, refined EFI, husky handling, futuristic look and out of the box thinking. Sign me up (already am :D). Husky has not disappointed me yet (well the beginning of the WR125 thing was not fun but has turned into one of the best bikes i ever owned) so i am expecting great things. Next summer is already looking quite fun in anticipation. I believe there will be some extreme DS rides in my near future. Bring it. :thumbsup:
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  4. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 5 speed BMW is good for something like 100+ mph in stock form. I expect the 6 speed will give the same overall top speed, but with a bit shorter spacing between each gear.
    I'm glad to read about the 6 speed, as back in the spring they were indicating that they were sticking with 5 speeds across the lineup.
    It should be able to loaf along nicely at 60mph on a road.
    A 5 speed is probably fine for the desert. A 6 speed is better everywhere east of the Mississippi IMO.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    For those who have yet to do the math, if that pdf is accurate, the top/bottom gear ratio is the same as the current TE/TXCs.

Which means the same choice between setting up for single track and high rpms on the road, or setting up taller gearing and slipping the clutch a bit in the tight trails.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Not sure if this link has been posted over here yet...

http://www.motoblog.it/post/25461/husqvarna-te449-te511-e-tc449-2011

Seems like good changes between the TC and TE models.

The motocross version stands out not only for the normal MX chassis changes (no lights, 19" rear wheel etc) but above all for the engine which has been specifically tuned for MX use, delivering significantly more power than the Enduro version.

The timing and camshaft profiles are completely different as is the compression ratio which has increased to 13:1 instead of 12:1 in the Enduro version. The electronic injection system still uses a 46mm Keihin throttle body but is fitted with a single flap instead of the Enduro twin flap version to provide a sharper, more aggressive throttle response. Additionally, the TC449 is fitted with a dual mode switch on the handlebars, which allows access to two different fuel injection/ignition timing maps to provide a softer power delivery for low traction conditions.

The titanium exhaust system with carbon fibre tipped silencer has been developed specifically by Akrapovic and the five speed transmission has specific ratios for use in MX. The suspension is provided by Kayaba with multi adjustable sealed cartridge front forks matched to a Kayaba fully adjustable rear shock.
  7. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Some food for thought; The NA mags crapped on the new 250 and they were proven wrong. For me, the NA mags have little credibility. I suspect others may feel the same way...........?

Regardless, a few test/demo bikes making the rounds of all the Ontario events should sell a bunch of bikes here, if it works as good as early indications. Scott - Have Trevor or Barrett loan me one for a couple months next spring. I'll take it everywhere I go & put a bunch of people on it.:D Lot's of long time KTM guys were talking about the recent resurgence of Husky at the Soggy Boot ride on Sunday. Their curiosity has been piqued....

Initially, I didn't care for this bike when it was first shown in black, but I'm starting to come around to the styling. Finding out that the CS sprocket will be easier to change than I initially thought and the 6 speed has helped also.
    Granted, I haven't traditionally been big bore guy - a 310 x-light in this chassis might be interesting........ I like the current chassis my 09 TXC has. Makes me wonder how this one will handle, as it should be an improvement over an already good design.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    What is a throttle body 'flap'?
  9. rajobigguy Administrator

Europeon way of saying "Butterfly", "throttle plate" ect.:cheers:

It's that thing that lets it flow more air when you twist the throttle.:D
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Correct. And it sounds like the enduro version might get a progressive "flap" setup making smoother bottom end. :thumbsup:
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I believe I could probably guess what country the editor of the news article was from. :p

Ok... analogy: 2 barrel carb vs a 1 barrel carb, or perhaps the the equivalent of a 'Power now' intake plate.

I should add a hot link to a UK to USA text translator on the forum. :lol:
  12. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

From MotorcycleUSA.com:
    http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2/749...11-Husqvarna-TC449-First-Ride-Top-3-List.aspx

13. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good post f2g. The "feels heavy" comment is something I'd expect to hear from all the mags. Based on Scot's comments here on CH, it's about the same weight as the previous generation 450. And those were a tad heavier than the competition.

I can't wait to ride one of these. I wish "someone" would let us in on when/how Husky plans to get this in the hands of Husky fans. I think demo rides would be a big plus to help sell it since it has such a radical linkage. hint hint. :)
  14. rajobigguy Administrator

If I understand it correctly, the "twin flap" on the enduro models works in a progressive way opening up a smaller plate first then a larger plate when needed for all out power.
    The "single flap" is just one big butterfly.
  15. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm guessing feels heavy compared to the motocross standard CRF450 as he was on the TC. As this is E-start i would expect that some. I am a lot more concerned about finding out more about the off road models. Husky is not int he competition in MX IMHO. Never made the effort to make the lightest all out MX bike as far as i can tell.
  17. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    good stuff Ron is good tester/writer. Great to see the vet U-Haul in Husky gear.
  19. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good point. Let's see how the TXC stacks up....
  20. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    yeah, it looks like Husky is differentiating more between the TC/TXC and TE range. That will work.