TE/TXC250 2010 ECU Reflash

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Ex HVUK, Apr 21, 2010.

1. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Where did you send it, Kelly?
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Taskys, Greg get your bike up there for an update ! Russ you too.
  3. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Can they do it if I take just the ECU up there? I'm looking for an excuse for the wife and I to ride our Triumphs up there this weekend. Just take the ECU in a backpack. Guess I should just call Jeff, eh :thumbsup:
  4. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Is the reflash done with ibeat? Is it something we can do ourselves?
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    It is done with an iBeat cable, but there is a usb 'dongle' for copy protection, and different software, which I understand is quite expensive.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You need the cable, the software, the dongle and the ECU unit. Take the ECU unit to your dealer. :thumbsup:
  7. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    Sorry to dredge up an old topic, but I didn't think this question needed a new thread.

I was looking up the skirt of my bike and saw that my ECU has "310" written on it. Upon removing it, the ECU is plainly labeled TE 310 i.e.. Not sure which is the part number, but I think its 80000596.

Anyone know if it is possible to have that 310 ECU reprogrammed to be a 250 ECU? Or am I going to have to buy a 250 ECU?
  8. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Technically it's possible BUT you'd need a specific CD from Husqvarna to do this as the standard reflesh software reads what is installed in the ECU and updates it if required automatically, there is no user interaction as to which model / version gerts installed. You'll be buying a new ECU unfortunately.

Dave
  9. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    Oh well, that's what I figured, but it never hurts to ask. I appreciate you help.
  10. vintageveloce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    I have a later VIN than listed in the original post. But I have the same "ECU map version". Can anyone explain what the "ECU map version" means? I'm assuming I do NOT need a reflash, due to my later VIN?
  11. DougW Husqvarna
    AA Class

im a bit ticked myself, after 16 months now, my dealer still doesnt have the reflash tool to do mine. i guess it pays sometimes to not go to the cheapest place to buy. im seriously thinking of a new 310 just for this reason.

keep us posted on how the bike reacts for you.
  12. jxg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 TE250
    again bringing up an old post, but i just got my new to me 2010 te250 a month or so ago. Is there a way that I can check myseld (at startup, or something like that) to tell what version of firmware is on my ECU (i don't have ibeat or cable or anything). I am wondering whether the PO had the flash done or not. Nearest dealer is 2 hours away.
  13. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

You will need ibeat to check, I can't remember the details off hand but I think there should be a A next to the vin in ibeat? Look for posts by husky sport on here. Later vin TE's had the updated ECU.
  14. jxg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 TE250
    i looked at the vin at the beginning of the post that said it needed it, mine is one of them (0040). i need to get a hold of the previous owner and see if he had it done. last couple of rides i seem to have that low speed "stutter" in the gnarly stuff, which i did not think it was there on my first few rides.
  15. Volcano Island Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa T-Ride 250 F, Montesa 4-RT
    Sorry to bring up old thread.. a friend of mone brought over a TE250 2010, it follows th vin number group need to reflash. No dealer in here knows to do it. I have Ibeat, dongle, USB cable. I know how to set TPS and CO numbers. Can I set the TPS then set the CO as Olivier numbers and can be considered " reflash" ?
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Reasonably old topic, and it is about bikes a few years old now. Unsticking thread.
  17. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

No, the re-flash consisted of a different kit that some dealers got. You had to use it with a computer that had Ibeat on it already, it came with a CD and a security thing that went into a USB drive in the computer. More than likely your friend's bike has already been done. I can't remember but with your ibeat hooked up to it, take a look at the ECU number in ibeat. I can't remember if it would show a A next to it or what. You could also take the ECU off and send it to Hall's if they still have it. Anyhow, hope this helps.
  18. JLou Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250 TE 2010 ( New Motor )
    Other Motorcycles:
    TWO KTM GS 125 1984 + 1985
    Hi everyone. I have a 2010 Husqvarna TE 250 which is part models affected by the bug at 3000 rpm. I live in France, Husqvarna is imported by the RMF (which is part of the RAS), and for them, the update does not exist and it is not possible to reflash the ecu. So I show this post to my dealer who did not know what to say ..... So I still change the settings by putting those CO Jean-Pierre Favreau JPPowersports. When the engine is cold, I have no problem at 3000 rpm, but as soon as the engine is hot, it is a disaster, it's even worse .... And as I did a lot of franchissment I often wedge a piston stroke, and I play a lot of the clutch to stay at 4000 rpm min. Does anyone have an idea please ... Thank you very much
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I would contact the person who started this thread (HVUK) and see if he has any ideas. It is possible he works with EU in general these days, and it is possible that he knows where you could mail it to have it re-flashed.
  20. JLou Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250 TE 2010 ( New Motor )
    Other Motorcycles:
    TWO KTM GS 125 1984 + 1985
    Cool! If this is prossible, will have a very very big thank you!
    For it must be said, Husqvarna importer in France are very bad ...
    I already have an altercation with the Commercial Director of RMF to this subject, which he certified to me that I had to change to a 12-hole injector + ecu + pipe to solve the problem... No comment..