TE/TXC250 2010 ECU Reflash

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Ex HVUK, Apr 21, 2010.

1. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

Got a phone call from my dealer that the reflash kit just got in. Hopefully on Friday I'll be able to report how it runs.
  2. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Hi Scooby,

Yes your bike is in the applicable range for a reflash - you'd need to check with the guys at Gear 4 if it was done on PDI or whether your bike went out before they had the kit available.

Gear 4 will be in touch shortly...

Cheers...Dave
  3. scooby Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks Dave, Gear 4 have been in touch today and husqvarna are going to re-flash it. Cool!
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My dealer has tried to order everything a while back and were are still waiting.
  5. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I may actually have one of these tools in my possession later this week!! I just got a bill for a bunch of Husqvarna parts and I have been invoiced for the tool. Apparently 2 have been shipped to Canada and 1 is for the Dist. Hopefully the other one is mine.
  6. KDXfile Husqvarna
    AA Class

My dealer called me this morning and thinks he will be getting the re-flash kit in a couple of weeks. Looks like we're getting close.
  7. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

Got mine easily done today. Only got t otest it out in the parking lot, but the hesitation seemed to be gone. Tomorow I go out for some real riding, and will report back.
  8. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes. Now we have a motor as well. Power delivery is nice and smooth. The reflash process keeps the CO setting as they were before. I had to lean the settings, and still need to lean it some more.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice, thanks for the report. :cheers:
  10. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got my reflash tool today and I can tell you that it makes a big difference. I will get out on my TXC250 on the weekend and report back but just riding it around the yard, it feels better.
  11. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

cant wait to get mine done so I can start racing mine,kinda of weird racing my 2005 now,but I wont ride the husky till its fixed,just way too many places to get caught with that ever present flat spot.

While im patiently waiting im going to see Drew Smith at WER for suspension magic!!
  12. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Scooby,

I've checked today now I'm in the office and your bike has already been reflashed. It came through Husky Sport before going to Gear 4 and we reflashed it here before delivering the bike to Gear 4. Your chassis number is on the reflash log here.

Cheers...Dave
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I wana get flashed. :D
  14. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Don't we all ! :cheers:
  15. ktm844 Husqvarna
    A Class

town & country cycle center in hamburg nj got their reflash tool in yesterday.reflashed mine this morning took a couple minutes and seems to make a big difference.i will ride it this weekend and find out for sure.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    :thumbsup: Getting excited to get mine done. :cheers:
  17. OlivierTE250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Done!

My dealer organized a tale gate party to reflash a few TE. He (Jean-Pierre Favreau from JPpowersports) and his fellow racer/bike tuner from AMI Sport in Laval Québec went the extra mile to tune the engine on a very nice DynoJet system. They had access to PowerCommander but they used IBeat to set the CO settings. Could not argue with that as this was a freebee! :thumbsup: :cheers:

I made a short montage/video using a pocket camera. The image quality may not be good but turn up the volume. This TE rips! http://www.youtube.com/user/olivierkdx#p/a/u/0/0xxJEBhCm38

The only restriction on my TE was the spark arrester.

Conclusions:
    1) Once reflashed, the powercurve is VERY nice and linear. See attached file. No more bog around 3000 RPM.
    2) The max HP is 29.0 with simple reflash and 30.2 after the DynoJet tuning. 1 HP was found around 4000RPM and around 9000RPM. (see attached file)
    3) My first riding impressions were: The bike feels lighter... It was more fun to ride the whoops….
    4) Not a dramatic change but sufficient to have more confidence in the gnarly stuff.

Olivier

Attached Files:

18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    It is a huge understatement when I say I am *really* impressed with your dealer reflashing and dynoing the bikes for free! :thumbsup:

They even used a smooth tire!

:cheers:
  19. OlivierTE250 Husqvarna
    A Class

FWIW, my buddy had the reflash done and got the same nice power curve. Engine peaked at 30.4 HP at the rear wheel with CO1=100, CO2=100 and CO3=96.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm giddy like a kid, sent mine in today. woooohoooo. thanks for the reports. :cheers: