SWM in the USA

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Cousins - Cagiva, etc' started by Original Dirt, Mar 14, 2016.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    funny that the system......is taking a bike that was already done under another name and re-certifying it. What ever it takes
  2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Funny like $$$,$$$ haha
  3. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Luckily, SWM is really serious and is paying for all of the certs for each cc class, chassis, and type. Probably close to $ $$$.$$$.00 with 650/500/300/440 included unless they allow us to use the chassis components that are common to 650/500/300 as one cert. The 440s will be different no matter what. When it comes to the EPA/CARB if their testing coincides with the submitted Euro tests on the RS500R we might get a wavier on the rest....don't count on it.
    Norman Foley, NCSteve and robertaccio like this.
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Not if they can charge ya.
  5. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    FYI, one of the bad points about where our operations are located is the threat of wild fires. The "Blue-cut" wild fire is less than 2 miles away and still burning. Hopefully the amount of brush reduction we maintain on our property and the fires from last year that burned in the approaching direction will help protect our facility. Lots of smoke and falling ash yesterday....not so much today.....but it is early and the winds have not picked up yet. XXXXX all fingers crossed!
    Norman Foley and shawbagga like this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    wow I just saw the Caltrans map.......hope petes casa is ok..
    got off the text with Pete as of last eve all was ok for his zone. BTW that's the area where rode the SWMs premiere test ride.
  7. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Well, we didn't want to "jinx" ourselves, so no update yesterday. The fire came within less than a mile from our facility in two directions and then seems to have continued along a different route. All is well for now.8.18.16 11.50PDT
    Kam1 and robertaccio like this.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Good news, I was at Zipty yesterday watching that big smoke plume get real dark and nasty, then it subsided and got nasty again around 3:30 or so.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  10. MtnSlayer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna Motorcycle: its a chainsaw
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda cb750 brat
    Hey guys, I've read/heard different stories... Can anyone advise the official SWM model range, pricing and availability time frame for the US?

Really hoping for a decently priced sumo and dual sport.
  11. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    To start RS500 and RS650 is it.... no prices released
    MtnSlayer likes this.
  12. MtnSlayer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda cb750 brat
    Will bikes be available as soon as pea/carb certain are issued? Is there a dealer network in place? I'd like to know where I can buy when available.
  13. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    The SWM bikes need 3 certs to be USA legal, EPA/CARB/DOT. EPA/CARB is done by one lab and then the DOT by a different one. All of the available 2016 lineup was dual sport/enduro/advbike which means are available units require all 3 certs to be imported. At this time no dealers are set up. We have been receiving at least one dealer inquiry a day and multiple ride/customer inquiries daily. We will set up dealers after the certs are granted and before we place a stocking order, at this time it looks like Nov/Dec at the earliest. SMH The USA bound bikes have different component requirements than the standard Euro production models and in every case specific USA parts have to be sourced/on hand for r&d and for the production runs. First they have to make up a build list of USA component parts for each model, then do preliminary testing in Europe, then send a sample bike to the USA for certification........and SWM has not yet released any info on 2017s to be available, or details on updates, graphics, etc., or pricing. Like many Italian manufacturers they are closed for "holiday" until Monday August 29th, so we hear very little until after that date.
    Kam1 and compmoto like this.
  14. MtnSlayer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda cb750 brat
    Thanks for your replies. I'm extremely antsy for big red to arrive. I was literally buying a DRZ last week when another customer at the dlr told me about a new dual sport coming to the US. Since then I have ready every word written on the rs650 and te630, including all the good, bad, issues, tuning options, .etc in every forum and magazine (english, german, italian...). I am sold and completely obsessed.
    Kam1 likes this.
  15. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    If you are in the Orlando, FL area in October 15-16, the SWM factory is sending us 4 show bikes to exhibit at the AIME show. Consumer days are the 15th and 16th. Dealer only days are October 13 & 14th. At this time we have no idea what will be in the show box which needs to be returned directly to SWM at the end of the show.
    compmoto, LandofMotards and NCSteve like this.
  16. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Husqvarna was a motorcycle long before it was a chainsaw! :rolleyes:
    Captnemo and compmoto like this.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pete and Barry at the Glen Helen MXGP SWM Booth. Photo credit-----yours truly
    Pete is a big fan of Storage Wars and Barry is huge fan of all motorsports.
    Pete and Barry SWM.jpg
    454x, Captnemo and Greg712 like this.
  18. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    I remember a couple of guys on the starting line in a race about 5 or 6 years ago, they said they thought Husqvarna only made chain saws. I was on a new TXC250i - needless to say, I kicked their butts and won the class.
    Funny - One of them races a Husky now, the other is a dealer and sells them. :thumbsup:
    NCSteve likes this.
  19. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Kam1, Captnemo and NCSteve like this.
  20. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Kam1 and NCSteve like this.