SWM in the USA

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Cousins - Cagiva, etc' started by Original Dirt, Mar 14, 2016.

1. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Good mag and write ups, got me interested a little more. I like it all except the dual mufflers.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I would thing zero worries other than getting a pipe from ebay or source the FMF or PC single muffler set up.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Good write up on the 300 and 500. I think it's great that a magazine tester realizes that not too many people are racers who need the latest and greatest. You guys are hitting a market segment that is huge and largely ignored. The rider who wants a plated dirt bike that won't put a $10,000-$12,000 hole in their wallet, but doesn't want an XR, DRz or KLR, or a weak and heavy WR250F.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  4. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Dual mufflers are pretty much required for all Euro market bikes in order to meet the current E3 and new E4 sound standards. There will be aftermarket systems available in the USA and other world markets. Our USA bikes come with those mufflers and have removable "quiet" inserts.
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. Ron West Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda NX250, & 2000 Africa Twin

Any chance you will be at the International Motorcycle show this fall in Long Beach?
  6. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    We have been informed by SWM that they will wait until the RS650's have passed the new Euro 4 homolugation before sending one to us for EPA/DOT/CARB testing. Our RS500R in testing now is going to be tested as is (USA spec) and with Euro 4 to see if the bikes will pass both tests with one set up. So, we are on the slow road to getting SWMs to sell in the USA. Earliest will be roughly Jan. 1 for the RS500Rs and no ETA for any other models. Grrrrrr.......Stuff we have no control over.

Also, at this point we may not have SWMs to display in Orlando, because we have not yet received our Customs approval to do a show and return import. No other plans to show anywhere else this year.
    robertaccio and compmoto like this.
  7. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    SWMs on display at the AIME show in Orlando, FL along with the other Moto Man lines....Scalvini exhausts, Fullboreusa tires, Hi-Point tires. Open to the public Saturday and Sunday 10/15-10/16

Attached Files:

guscycle, Herb, robertaccio and 5 others like this.
  8. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Excellent!
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Slight shift but Pete's private label HiPoint Tire-----at least the one that's on my TE300 rear is large (oversized) carcass looks like a 140/80 but is molded as a 110/100-18 Intermediate. I wanted to give it try and to support US small biz.
    I need to say that with a many hour stuffed M14 (140/80-18) mousse (@=10 psi feel) the tire works exceptionally well in all the stuff we ride (deep sand, hard pack and rocks). The carcass is flexi, the compound is not too hard and the knobs give , you can see it in the carcass when you push the knobs. This seems to translate into a grip on anything tire. Its also my first time running a tire with mousse and no rim lock (MXGP style/Euro style) and this seems to be just fine, I marked the rim and tire to gauge any slippage and there's zero so far.
    PS a great value at about 1/3 the price of premium brands.
    These Tires are worth a go. contact Pete at MotoMan Distributing (SWM USA, Scalvini USA too) (760) 949-0941
    compmoto, Kam1, lloydnz and 2 others like this.
  10. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Are swm doin any aftermarket type stuff yet? Rad guards, single pipe etc

For $8.5k b a great single track bike I reckon! Throw on a bash plate, wraparound Handguards, rad guards n ditch the twin pipes. Not sold on the old school discs either get sum wave type ones for more modern look!
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Shaw any of the mid 2k husky stuff will fit, 08-10 450/510 for the base chassis and big 500 engine and the TE310 big block- same block as 450/510 with smaller cyl and head TE/TC 250 04 to what 2010 for the TE model. before the X-lite models came into play. mechanically fit wise all the aftyermarket stuff from those bikes should bolt right on
    Kam1 likes this.
  13. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yeah realise that rob more wonderin bout rad guards if the shrouds are different so nay affect fitment. Wonder if mount brackets are the same for full exhaust system? Be easy way to ditch the twin pipes n get an arrow or fmf system or wateva floats ya boat. I'm jus curious whether small things like that may hav changed
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    At last viewing and talk with (at MXGP) Pete is in the midst of dealing with the dual pipe thing with his pipe guys . those chassis and mounts all look the exact same to me as far location goes the dual pipe thing is just the SM set up . Soon that note FMF pro circuit and others should bolt right up with out interference. I see you point about the rads for sure with the new plastic....that will take testing.
  15. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

general public gets to wait over a year to see those models. not good. kind of like how there were no husky s on display last year at long beach. same F’n mistakes every year.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I know in the US (west) we all think the Moto world revolves around SoCal.....

SWMs on display at the AIME show in Orlando, FL along with the other Moto man lines....Scalvini exhausts, Fullboreusa tires, Hi-Point tires. Open to the public Saturday and Sunday 10/15-10/16

14721715_1587936661514813_7584846121421916554_n.jpg
    14690983_1587936658181480_7216992255039127833_n.jpg
    compmoto likes this.
  17. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Check out the bikes SWM AUSTRALIA are offering now. Includes a spare set of plastics/graphics and a single arrow exhaust.

Looks nice.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  18. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Much better lookin!
    Kam1 and Boogie like this.
  19. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Should see the new street bike too.. nice!
  20. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Really like the look now
    robertaccio likes this.