SWM 650 -> The 630 returns!

Discussion in '610/630' started by Erik Italhusky, May 29, 2015.

1. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

Even after looking at the 701 power curves a few posts up? :thinking:
  2. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    I was going to buy an SMC690 but after hearing what they were like, one man was threatening to roll his off the end of a pier,so i bought my SM610.
    I was looking for a CCM 644, but they are expensive second hand, for what they are, and there arent many about and they are inferior to the 610.I see the 610 as the best of the bunch.I was going to buy a KTM RC8, but found out they were flying death machines and KTM didnt seem to care much and left it to their customers to sort it out, so i bought a CBR1000rr instead (great bike) KTM will have to come up with a really special bike to get my attention now, like i said, id rather go to the trouble of converting a crosser.
  3. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    This one does put a huge smile on my face every time I ride it (2012 KTM 990 SMT) :-)

[IMG]
  4. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    I keep thinking that a Yamaha YZ450f is claimed to be 112kg wet (247lbs) with 50hp and the 610 is about 150kg (330lbs) with claimed 50hp.
    The 610 comes with a charging system, battery, lights and dash,has a reasonable service schedule and 100mile tank range as standard.
    The YZ450f needs a dash and lights (excluding daylight M.O.T) before it can legally be used on the roads, and has a zippo lighter sized fuel tank with ? range and has an intense service schedule.
    So by the time a YZ450f has been made suitable for the road, possibly with a bigger tank aswell, how much closer to the weight of a 610 will it be?
    Then theresthe ways a 610 could be made lighter, like aftermarket exhaust system. different headlight, tail light, smaller battery. I look at my SM610 and cant see anything there that isnt needed. So how much closer to would a lightened 610 be to the weight of a YZ450f modded for the road? I dont think there would be much in it really. So the 610 isnt really that fat or underpowered.
    If youre not interested in the KTM then what are you going to have?
  5. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    The WR450F would be an easier conversion than the YZ.
  6. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    Youre absolutely right, and with a claimed wet weight of 123kg (271lbs) blows all my nonsensical reasoning out the water.
    I weighed my bike, 150kg wet (330lbs) and it seems it has perfect 50/50 weight distribution.
    So wheres the 610 hiding the extra weight?
    It must be hidden in the next room,
    [IMG]

Starting to feel like i want a Yamaha, :eek:
  7. madart Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm610
    I think we just need to bore that 570 to 690ccm a there comes more power :)) (and shorter lifespan.. but more fun?)
  8. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    The 630 puts out plenty if it's setup right with iBeat. If you're not getting much out if it then it's probly still way lean. Check out Dynobob's iBeat thread. They will run like a striped-assed ape if setup right. Mine winds up so quick I can't even hardly use the top end of the powerband.

Also, if you look at the chart again and where most ride the 630, like 4K to 5500 - I rarely run mine over 6K rpm - it's not that much less than the 690. It's only when you get close to redline that you see that extra 20hp. Otherwise it's more like 5.

And those bikes are a royal PITA to keep running. Fueling and electrical issues, no frame under the motor, talk about finicky upkeep. YMMV.
  9. JimKelly Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R75/5, Suzuki Stinger, Yamaha YB
  10. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    Good news: Same part numbers as the TE/SM 630 for the most part.
  11. JimKelly Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R75/5, Suzuki Stinger, Yamaha YB

See the parts catalogue I posted on page 15
  12. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    Someone has the Workshop manual of the Swm 650 ?
  13. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Thank you fi
    Thank you. Now I wonder where can we go to put these #'s in to a cart to find pricing?

Husky is showing $686 for just the con rod assembly, that's F'in crazy!
  14. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    the cluth cup washers has the same number reference in the SWM spare parts catalogue that the one from Husqvarna, what it means that the cup washers has not been modified at all... what for me is a shame as, for sure, the CEO engineer from SWM (Ampelio Machi, the same one as for Husqvarna Italy) knows about the problem

Outrageous...
  15. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    So what diagnostics program are SWM using? I cant see them wanting to use iBeat because it wont work with modern PC's
    Also, one of my local bike shops are now a SWM dealer.
  16. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Outrageous... you are being to kind. It is beyond outrageous! :thumbsdown: :censored:
  17. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Yeah, I think I mentioned here or elsewhere at least once not to expect anything on the clutch spring washers. As long as they can ship those motors out and they run they are 'good enough'.

Somebody over on ADV asking for washers.
  18. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    The fact that they didn't address any of the really simple, cheap and easy to fix issues means the bean counters are in charge, not the motorcycle people. Reminds me of when the CEO of GM explained that he was not a car guy. He was just interested in selling product and making money. Have never bought a GM product since then.
  19. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Some of these issues with the TE and now the SWM should be logged with the NHSTA as complaints that might eventually get turned into recalls.
  20. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Recalls are not issued about part longevity, only safety.