1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Slip-on silencer suggestions for TE511?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Tinken, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The weight is a big issue and it also seems to cool better. There are a lot of things you can do with the insert to make it quieter. Closing up the end and forcing gasses to flow around the sides will also reduce the overall sound while keeping back pressure in check. The resonator helped me the most on this engine. It provided the back pressure of a long header at low rpm and exhaust scavenging at high rpm. Flame outs were nearly non-existent.

Here's a core with half moons welded alternatively. Sound waves are forced upward into the absorption packing while exhaust gasses are evacuated. This greatly reduces sound with little back pressure increases.

[IMG]

Here gasses are forced to flow around the outside of the insert and then out. This helps cancel some of the sound traveling down the silencer core.

[IMG]

http://media.bbrmotorsports.com/Riding/Windows/cancelcore09.wmv
    danny318 likes this.
  2. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    All good big fella.

Just saying, my bike flamed out from day one, with the Akra installed, until I pulled the butterfly & adjusted the tps.
    Yes, would likely have been worse with a more open exhaust, would have been better if MAPII was tuned for the supplied muffler from factory too.
    I know it's old news for you , leaving it alone.
  3. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    If anyone is interested, I am selling my ZipTy Racing Fmf exhaust. It will not fit the 511 unfortunately but it will fit the te310 and txc310 from 2012 and probably a few years before that even. It will come with everything you need except for the longer bolts. I am also selling the quiet insert (bought this separately though fmf) and the spark arrestor (also bought separately through fmf).
  4. Waverider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449
    I just pulled the trigger on a PC4 from OEM Cycle. I did not order an insert (they did not have any) and I run MAPII. From the below statement, I infer that I am inducing flameout issues into this fantastic bike?

"Flame outs are due to a lean condition. Increasing that condition will increase the chance for flame outs. Toss a Powercore 4 on without an insert or fuel tuner, we'll see if you are still laughing."
  5. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    You will have flame outs for sure. Just off idle when you first touch the throttle, and when clutching in to decel.

You can remedy both of these by turning the air screw out which will raise the idle also but it seems to get past the point of "coughing" at around 2200rpm or so. I did this termporarily to keep my bike rideable as a daily rider.

Then I vented my airbox and it got wose again with the clutching causing flameouts.

My power commander leans out alot of the settings from ZIP-Ty's race map 3. SO I would send it in to zip ty to get race map III flashed. It is cheap and affective. Then if you still have flameouts I am confident that the air screw will help or fix it. If not you can remove the secondary throttle plate instead of or in addition to the other mods. It will make the engine MUCH snappier and more responsive, but wont help with lean or rich conditions. May help with flameouts and the problem of loss of engine braking.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  6. Waverider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449
    Thanks for the quick reply. Is the "secondary throttle plate" the butterfly mod that was infamouly mentioned earlier in this thread?
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  8. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/191123570978?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
  9. Bryan Allison Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    I have a 2013 TE449 that experiences stalling on slow technical climbs. I first noticed this only after installing an FMF powercore 4 and having a local shop reprogram the mapping to what they called (according to KTM) the akro pipe setting) They also told me there is no such thing as the Race map 3 setting for this year bike. The other thing I have been told by my local shop is that I need to do an emissions deletion. If possible, can you please direct me on the following: Butterfly removal, emissions deletion. Unfortunately I cannot spend the money for a power commander at this time.
    Thanks,
    Bryan
  10. Waverider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449
    danny318 likes this.
  11. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125

Sent you a PM.
    Big Timmy likes this.
  12. Waverider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449
    So, I installed my FMF PC4 with quiet insert. The pipe is awesome (I cant believe I did not do this earlier); however, I now get the flameouts. Will race MAP3 help alleviate this? I am reluctant to pull my ECU, package it, and put it on a round trip to mainland.....
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    It will help greatly. Do not send your ecu without insurance of at least $500.
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  15. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    Most flam out can be corrected with a TPS set for a richer setting at idle. a +.01 to +.02 voltage change in the TPS will make a big difference in the mixture.

Paw Paw
  16. stagarm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 wr250r & 2005 rm65
    Quick question. Im putting together my FMF system for my 2012 TE449. I have so far the TC flange, outer sleeve, graphite gasket and springs. Just received the TC megabomb and the TC FMF Q4 Ti slip-on will be delivered on Wednesday.

So for my question: I was wondering if there is any other parts i might need? Is there a mid pipe to connect the megabomb to the Q4 muffler?
  17. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Maybe a heat shield.
  18. stagarm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 wr250r & 2005 rm65
    Received the FMF Q4 muffler last night. So The Q4 does have a midpipe witch was included. I'm going to install the system and adjust my jd tuner this weekend. I will post my review in my "post your tuner settings" in the EFI section.
  19. stagarm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 wr250r & 2005 rm65

Heat shield (witch one?) or exhaust wrap?
  20. stagarm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 wr250r & 2005 rm65
    So I just installed my fmf system. I noticed that the Megabomb head side doesn't fit inside of the other Sleeve #8000H5994. Does it's actually slide inside? Can anyone post a picture of there Megabomb where it connects to the head?