1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Slip-on silencer suggestions for TE511?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Tinken, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Mine is after the Megabomb resonator.

[IMG]
  2. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Hey yall does anyone have all the parts as a kit in stock? To use the tc exhaust on a TE? I would rather not have to punch each part number in and wait 8 weeks to get them.
  3. helium3 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Super Tenere, KTM 500 EXC-F
    Just picked up my 2014 TE511. Want to put a Megabomb header with a Powercore 4 exhaust. Looked at the FMF site and the aer model only goes to 2012 for the TE511. Will this combo fit on the 2014?
    Looking to run map #3 and my dealer has the MOSS setup. They should be able to flash for map 3 shouldn't they? Got it to the storage location for the night and will jump the power up plug tomorrow. I prefer to not order a whole bunch of peripheral parts to make the exhaust fit. Any help is appreciated.
  4. helium3 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Super Tenere, KTM 500 EXC-F
    Disregard....I revisited this thread and found the adapter parts and prices posted by Tinken......I'll just stick with the stock header and the Powercore 4.
  5. Robster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 -11
    Hi guys,

Anyone have any experience with a te449 and a Powercore 4???
    I have ordered a FMF Powercore 4 silencer, but have not received it yet.
    For now I use the Akra that the european bikes have as an alternative.
    JD Tuner off course. =)

//Rob
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Did you order with the quiet insert?
  7. Robster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 -11
    Dunno. Thought it came with the quiet insert as standard. Else I will order it if you guys think I will need it. Do not like sounding like a V&H system that can be heard from miles away.
  8. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449

I have done a ton of research on the FMF and worked with them quite a bit - there are three options with the FMF PC4 for the TE. Really loud, loud, and tolerable. You will need a special insert for tolerable - and I have to say I am quiet pleased. I think I posed some feedback on the dB w/ part numbers etc.. When I have a few mins, I will dig it up for you.
    Robster likes this.
  9. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Ack - well - there are a bunch of posts. Bottom line - you need FMF part number 040671. This is a direct slip in quiet core and it is roughly 1/2 the sound of the FMF PC4 out of the box. I tested stock at 86 dB, 88 to 89 dB without a cat, and 92 and 93 with the PC4 with the 040671 insert. I got the pipe for only $279 at OEM Cycle and the insert was about $25ish more. If you have trouble finding one, let me know...they were a bear to actually locate.
    Robster likes this.
  10. gillies Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    '09 R1200GSA
    PC4 alone leaned my bike out and worsened flame outs. The quiet insert solved that issue and, of course, quieted things too.
  11. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Power commander, and enrich that piggy. I got mine to work by loading a zip ty nick burson map, I also had a vented airbox. I turned the air screw out another turn over stock. Then I felt it a bit rough surging etc, so Put on the auto tuner and it smoothed things out nicely.
  12. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    Thanks for the info - did you find that there was still significant power increase with the quiet silencer insert over stock?
  13. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449

Yes - but mine ran pretty darn good before I did the pipe. The FMF dropped like 6 pounds of weight, and best of all, the bike runs about 20+ degrees (maybe more???) cooler. It doesnt feel all choked up and sounds like a motorcycle as opposed to a sewing machine.
    danny318 likes this.
  14. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    And it is really like the same loudness (even on the throttle) as stock decatted? I'm looking for an excuse to change pipes but I don't want any louder than stock really
  15. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    It is louder, I wont lie - but I am really sensitive to sound and our sound impact on our right to trail access. I have no issues riding it with the FMF and really quiet insert. I think I mentioned this on another thread, but it sounds just like a bone stock 2001-2006 KTM RFS - I even had a few KTM owners mention the same. If you know what those sound like, you know what your bike with that setup will sound like. Could it be quieter? Sure...but it is a very good solution that is decently quiet and improves overall bike performance dramatically. That 6 pound reduction up so high is felt immediately. I did both the pipe and an EarthX battery at the same time - so I dropped an honest 10 pounds from the top of the bike. What is amazing is that for under $300, the bike is WAY lighter and moves back and forth MUCH easier - not to mention it weighs less than its competition. makes one wonder why OEMs don't pursue some of these easy gains.

My sound tests were not on official AMA equipment, but my wife's audiometer (she is an ear doc). I did, however, perform them correctly. I know what a competition 96 dB bike sounds like and which are above 96 - this is WELL under that threshold.
    danny318 likes this.
  16. bhuizer Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449

I’m coming from a stock decatted silencer, I put on the FMF PC4 a couple weeks ago and love the sound. The factory muffler had no tone, just a very hollow metallic sound. The FMF is deep and sounds great. I am running it open at the moment. It’s loud but not unbearable by any means, much louder when you’re behind the bike than riding it. I might put a quiet insert in at some point but I like the aggressive sound.
  17. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    I may have to try it. I can work on the quiet insert if its not quiet enough. Thanks for the input guys
  18. bhuizer Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    The performance difference was also very noticeable, seems to have more bark down low. Definitely do it, you wont regret the purchase. I paid $238 shipped from OEM Cycle off Ebay.
  19. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    Ya, I am just hesitant about the sound. The sound of motorcycles seems to make average (lame) people instantly upset, and I don't want any attention. I wish they made one quieter than stock, I'd be all over that.
  20. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449

Danny - I don't know a better way to say that I am a total daisy when it comes to sound - and in an effort to keep friendships, I keep my mouth shut when a buddy bike is too loud (unless its a good friend - in that case I just tell him his bike is too damn loud). With the insert I listed above, the bike has a nice tone, runs superb, and is simply not too loud. Don't get the regular quiet core - you need the smaller diameter. I would not be surprised if the bike runs better with the smallest insert, as it ran like a turn running the pipe as-is and was obnoxiously loud.

You take run of the mill folks that don't take sides on the greenie:offroad access struggle and most are indifferent...toss in a loud bike and the results are ALWAYS the same. We are left standing alone. Too many offroad folks simply don't get that.