1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Slip-on silencer suggestions for TE511?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Tinken, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    So I called up FMF today looking to buy a new Q4 silencer slip-on for my TE511. I spoke with two different people who basically handed me off to a third. FMF staff told me that they never made a Q4 silencer for the TE/TXC 449/511 and has no future plans of doing so.
    So I explained that Chilly has a Q4 silencer on his 2012 TE511 accessories review.

FMF responded saying, “We custom make setups for the racing community and such is the case for what we did for Chilly.”

Can I order a custom FMF Q4?
    FMF: “You must order 25 units to get one customized…”

Did Chilly order 25 units to get one customized?

FMF: No Answer.
  2. tshea529 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Tinken likes this.
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Is that the same as a Q4 slip-on or how might it differ?
  4. tshea529 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    I am not sure what the deference is. My buddy has the "Q" on a Katoom and it looks the same except for the Sticker. If there is a deference it has to be on the baffle inside.

[IMG][IMG]
    Tinken likes this.
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Another approach might be to use the Akro can from a TXC. Somebody must have swapped one out. Personally I think the Akro has a nice quiet tone.
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I wondered the same thing today, so I called and checked the price on that unit. $900 for the silencer alone, not including any clamps, screws or heat shields. I like the Akro tone, but not 900 dollars much.

I was wondering if the exhaust from at TC449 would fit on a TE/TXC? FMF does make the Q4 silencer for the TC449, as well as the entire header/megabomb.
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Thanks Chilly! Whooo Hooo :D
    And thank you everyone who help in the thread!
  8. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ive got a take off Akro off my 11 TXC449. 1 ride on it. If ya want it make offer.
  9. Bionic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    So the Q4 silencer for a TC449/511 fits on the stock header of a TE449/511? I thought the header pipe was a different diameter on the TC. If they are the same then a Megabomb header for a TC449/511 should fit on a TE449/511 and be able to use an existing silencer (for those of us who already have an aftermarket silencer, but factory header). Does this sound right to you guys?
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Chilly says: For the Husky, you do not use the O2 sensor that is in the stock header, but it does not seem to have an impact on how the bike runs.

When JD dyno'ed my TE511 for the EFI tuner he said the maps did not change when you unpluged the O2 sensor and everything looked right on his o2 sniffer. Basically makes no change as Chilly says. Will give you a fault code on your dash though.
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The TC449 silencer does not fit the TE header. The TC header & silencer will fit on at TE if purchased together. The TE header & silencer has two 45° bends, where as the TC header is straight. If you have already purchased the TE silencer and would like a megabomb header, you will have to have the 45° bend removed from your silencer or added to your header. The megabomb header will give you more torque/hp and lower the dB of your exhaust.
    Raywoo likes this.
  12. Bionic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Ok, thanks for the info. That's exactly the boat I am in. I have the silencer, but would like to add a header for power and a quieter sound. As long as the pipe diameter is the same between them I could probably cut, weld and modify the 45 degree mid-pipe area on the silencer and fit them together. It's something to think about. Of course if I had been smart and thought ahead I would have done the research like you and just ordered the TC449 system.
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Yes, they are the same diameter, just the two 45° bends on the TE/TXC's. My exhaust system is going to have to wait for now, but I will be ordering the FMF Q4 with the mega bomb header (TC449) which will put the TE511 @ 95 dB (96dB is the absolute limit here in Socal).
    Raywoo, TE in RC and tshea529 like this.
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Found some interesting pictures of the interior of an FMF Megabomb... Neat invention gives you the long header torque of a TE/TXC and the top end power of a TC.

Attached Files:

15. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  16. Johnny A Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Plated TXC 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F
    I am interested in your Akro if you still have it.
  17. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    I also have a TXC Akro I will part with.
  18. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    These fit the TE 250/310s and yield an additional 3hp, about the same amount as the MY13's add to the '12s.
    FMF #045491 US $179.96

[IMG]
  19. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    IMG00096-20110901-1021 (2).jpg Try George at Uptite. I have one for the 310 and I love it!!
  20. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wonder what it will do for a 13 TXC310R