Shorty Brake/Clutch Levers for the Terra

Discussion in 'TR650' started by mag00, Jul 10, 2013.

1. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I've got a set on order from another source, and I hope they fit. I also looking at another vendor who says they have em, but I have heard that before.

Looking forward to seeing what you get. So far the Puig's are the best option.
  2. dlr1090 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    terra
    Update! Pazzo's came in for 149.00. Installed the brake lever which fit perfectly.
    The clutch lever so close i could have modified the safety detent on the lever and made it work.
    But that would be a bit risky so opted to order in the v7 Classic's Perch which is sold here with the lever for 66 bucks, be in next week. I'm rather happy to say the least. What a beautiful finish on those Pazzo's and feels perfect now. I'll post pic's next week once both are on. AWESOME!
    mag00 and hasenpfeffer like this.
  3. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    They're here :D

Unfortunately the clutch disengage switch will need to be modified, as dlr 1090 has most likely experienced. Also the hole is way to big and needs a bushing. And they are still not really short enough for me. But, the do fit the hand gaurds with weight removed.

I have been communicating with a manufacturer and still trying to get these designed right. As mentioned the brake is easy. The clutch has some issues.

DSC08156.JPG DSC08157.JPG DSC08155.JPG
  4. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Magoo, where able to get the clutch lever to work with bushing the pivot hole? Did you have to any other modifications?
  5. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I had to grind part of the existing clutch interlock nub, and will ponder how to build it up to hit the switch, as you can see in the stock lever. Probably just run a broad head screw into the lever where the switch hits.

The plastic bushing is from another set of aftermarket levers I bought. You can see the three levers in this photo. Bottom lever was from the V7 I believe. The thickness is thinner, so a washer would be advised as well as a bushing, that plastic piece from the cheapo levers is perfect. The cheapo levers did not fit all that well, as the angled piece was spaced out and looked sloppy.

Without grinding the nub, the lever would not open up all the way as the nub hit the perch under the switch. The actual angle the lever is in relation to the bars, puts them closer to the grips, but well within useable parameters.

But dang, they look nice on the bike, alot better than the top lever. But, they are longer than that top lever. I'm going to keep looking for a perfect set. For now these will work OK.
    DSC08167.JPG

DSC08162.JPG
  6. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    This is what needs to be done to the clutch, the brake fits fine.
    levers.jpg
  7. dlr1090 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    terra
    IMG_20140702_134826_hdr.jpg IMG_20140702_190232_hdr.jpg So finally installed the V7's Perch on the bike and happy to report it's a perfect fit. The clutch switch thread is the same as well you can use the torx bolts on the clamp. The Pazzo lever is drilled to match the pivot pin so no bushing is required. Must say i didn't expect the clutch to feel so much better from a lever change, but it does provide more control and comfort. All good!
  8. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere
    So, if I understand correctly these will fit and be fully functional without any modifications whatsoever?
  9. dlr1090 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    terra
    Hi dub, what i did was order a clutch perch for a Moto Guzzi V7 Classic say 2011/. Think the part number was GU32605510, it's very common and includes the lever. Should your new V7 short levers require a bushing at the pivot bolt you will have it on the lever that comes with the OE perch. Pazzo's don't need it as they are drilled to fit the V7 pivot mounting bolt exactly. So yes it's simple, in my case the perch was 66 bucks, cheap for perfect OEM fit. The Brake side like Mag00 says is already a perfect match.
    GOOD TO GO!
  10. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    DSC08306.JPG

Direct fit. Bolt right up.
  11. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Mag00 which ones are those in the picture?
  12. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50

New configuration Chinese/American Hybrid. Fit the BMW also.
  13. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR
    I have mag00's levers installed, and they are both an improvement over stock for me.
  14. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fayetteville, Arkansas with my Redheaded Mistress
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Burgman 650 (The Barcolounger)
    Magoo or Broadwayron...do you have a link to those levers please?
    duibhceK likes this.
  15. hasenpfeffer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Mag00 is the source. He figured out the individual parts that work for our bikes and put them together.
  16. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I haven't set up a page yet, may not. $75/pair plus shipping. Direct fit, fast and easy also for the BMW Sertao g650gs and other f650 singles.
    Baddrapp likes this.
  17. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    They fit perfect and work fantastic. I love the set I have installed. Thank you Dave.
  18. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    You are welcome Mr. Rapp. :thinking:

I love mine, and a couple of locals have them on the Beemers and love them as well. I never thought I would adjust them other than the initial setup, I was wrong. The stock handles don't adjust much.

I don't have the clutch safety switch on my prototypes. LOL, I guess I can motor my bike in gear.
  19. mysery1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
  20. Huskoome Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada

Attached Files: