Shorty Brake/Clutch Levers for the Terra

Discussion in 'TR650' started by mag00, Jul 10, 2013.

1. dlr1090 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    terra
    IMG_20140521_151437_edit.jpg IMG_20140521_151416_edit.jpg

Hi Mag00, was about to make the same call. Did you get confirmation a 2013 GS will fit? I took a look at a 2011 and it sure looks like the TR. Did read something a while back that perhaps the pivot bolt or something was a different dia. Sure wish pearl could give us a pic installed on the TR.
    I have to find a solution to this as i don't wish to cut my OE levers. I slotted the OE bar weights to mount Zeta steel which attach to Bike Bonz upper clamps that sit on Motorsportz lowers.
    Wanted 1 1/8 on it so for the moment i pulled in the levers . Not a great idea i know but works in a squeeze. I bought the last four lower clamps Kelly had and was going to use them but like the Bonz units on top. I have two to many it appears!
  2. dlr1090 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    terra
    By the way the bars are not on wrong, I rotated the pic and well i don't know how that works but my filler cap is in a new spot as well.
  3. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I cut down a non adjusting cheapo pair I bought at parts unlimited (for bmw). The clutch lever came with a nylon insert for the pivot. I keep threatening to weld the ball end on it and powder coating them red, then sell for about $50 $60 $65. Part numbers should be in the interchange
    DSC08119.JPG

DSC08120.JPG
  4. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I am encouraged. I have contacted vendor to see if they have shorty like this, non folding, may be able to find a folding one like this as a shorty, just by switching the end part. Until I get one in hand, to check the holes and switch contact points, I can't say they will fit.

CNC Anti-Slip 3D feel Brake Clutch Levers For Honda CBR500R/CB500F/X

red-levers.jpg

These are listed for the f800 also sent out questions.

black-levers-foldable.jpg

And this is what I have on mine. There is a nylon insert in the clutch pivot hole.

DSC08122.JPG
  5. infinitipearl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 848 track bike "supermono"

i'm on a crazy schedule right now but i'll see if i can't get to the bike and snap a couple of photos this weekend for y'all!
    mag00 likes this.
  6. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Infinitipearl which dealer did you buy you levers from?
  7. dlr1090 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    terra
    Where did my Avatar go? Anyway spent a bit of time on this today while in my office sort of working. Have three companies two of indicate yes to having short, extending and crash pivots to boot. Company #1 lists them as 07 f650 and 07 Dakar single cylinder which sounds good and they look bang on. I am emailing them tomorrow but they are BMW guys so looks good. Company #2 I have been communicating with says they have them and actually installed them on a TR. They do list them for it and look correct but I sent him pics and detailed info just to get his feedback because just wasn't completely convinced.
    Hope to hear back from him tomorrow.
    Company #3 is a major player and if you're from Canada you know Pazzo. I sent him a whack of pics and OEM drawings with part numbers. Markus said he will investigate the levers against his product line and if nothing, would consider producing them based on what I told him they fit which we know are a lot of bikes. These guys make some of the best race levers so fingers crossed. When I hear back let you know.
    mag00 likes this.
  8. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50

Great news. Looks like soon we will have levers one way or the other.

I'm not finished yet either.
  9. infinitipearl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:

I bought from Dean at OFD racing. Had to look it up in my email...

Dean Tarnow
    CEO
    OFD Racing Inc
    877-428-9633
    928-855-1545 Fax
    Dean@OFDRacing.com

It looks like he went through a distributor called "Overseller USA," and worked with Tony or Paul. I paid $165.
  10. infinitipearl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pics as requested. Apologies in advance, bike was still in the back corner of the garage. Had to tend to the supermoto today. :)

levers1 copy.jpg

levers2 copy.jpg

levers3 copy.jpg
    levers4 copy.jpg
    mag00 likes this.
  11. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fayetteville, Arkansas with my Redheaded Mistress
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Burgman 650 (The Barcolounger)
    Ok, I'm going to plea extreme ignorance. Why the shorty levers?
  12. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    For me, it is for when I have to push and feather the clutch. I can grab the bars and use one or two fingers on the clutch without smashing my other fingers, and still have a firm grip on the bars.

Same goes for the brake. Not so bad because my levers never hit the grips. Pushing and steering and breaking and clutching to maneuver your 400+ lb mistress, just easier with shorty levers.
  13. infinitipearl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:

for me, the factory levers didn't fit behind my bark busters (which were bastardized from a g650gs; i think they may have a tr650 specific set now) when mounted to a stronger aftermarket handlebar without requiring cutting the factory levers short.

i like aesthetics as much as i do functionality (unlike my friend who within 2 months of buying a g650gs had no fewer than 5 pieces of duct-tape holding his plastics together) - hence i preferred shorty's to cutting the factory levers.
  14. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    I didn't want to cut my levers either, so i ended up using an alum bushing on the end of bar to put the handguards further out. I like the shorties you guys have been looking at, but looking at price as well, I may cheap out and cut, JB weld the end back on, and finish pint or plasti dip.
  15. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fayetteville, Arkansas with my Redheaded Mistress
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Burgman 650 (The Barcolounger)
    I did what Clete die. I had HDB make up some spacers when I ordered the handguards. Thanks for explaining the reasons though.
  16. dlr1090 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    terra
    I thought i posted this but I guess it didn't take.
    I believe I know what we can use no matter the source. I will know when they come in.
    07-14 Moto Guzzi v7 Classic or any v7 probably. Brake bang on, Clutch looks so close. If the actuator nodule is a bit off? Well I will buy the clutch mount off eBay. They go for 25 bucks and the switch looks like the TR. If I'm correct we can order levers from any source and price point that as Guzzi v7s listed. Thanks Pearl for doing this much appreciated.
  17. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    The generic non adjustable fit fine. The clutch side looks cheezy, but works fine, clutch interlock works etc. These cheapo handles had a plastic insert that fit perfect (for the pivot bolt). I do not know how the pivot bolt is on the sertao, but worst case, we would have to drill and put the sertao bolt in.
  18. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Did you order up a set?
  19. dlr1090 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    terra
    Yes i have a buddy who owns a Honda, ducati dealership I went to see Saturday.
    He is placing the order today so probably a week out. My hope is he gives me a price break lol. I'm cheap and he knows it or at least that's what he says. By the way i think the clutch will be a direct fit as well.
    I thought perhaps i would go ahead and order a V7 clutch perch just in case, but when i read the fitment description they actually included the 650 strada. So i will hold off on the perch till i have the levers in hand. If they both fit? My son has purchased levers for his Ninja from an American living in China that upgrades all the bolts and such on his knock offs and i must say i can see the apeal to buying 80 dollars levers after seeing his. But yes i think we have options now. Mag00 I will post the pics and update once i have them.
  20. dlr1090 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    terra
    By the way I ordered Pazzo, that's why i mention the pricing comment. ouch!