Shorty Brake/Clutch Levers for the Terra

Discussion in 'TR650' started by mag00, Jul 10, 2013.

1. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Spicy Guacamole likes this.
  2. Jughead Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '78 R80/7, ' 80 SR500, '81 R80/GS
    I broke my brake lever early on and was loaned one from a Guzzi V7. I've seen allot of CNC anodized levers for Guzzi.
    Santi Beard and kjackbrown like this.
  3. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Just got back from BMW dealer, and nothing in the shorty style made for the Sertao. This on appearance is exactly what us Terra owners have.

The older F650 should also work, nothing made for them. I checked on ebay and have contacted some vendors to get clarification on what they were actually selling. They claim to fit, but it is not possible for them to fit all the years and models listed. It seems they have the levers for the 2008-2011 650 and 800's, and those will not work on our bikes.

These lazy POS sellers won't take the time to get real pictures or provide accurate info, then expect you to ship back at your cost when they don't fit. No deal for me.
  4. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    Give these guys a call....
    F49102623.jpg
    Lekolite likes this.
  5. infinitipearl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 848 track bike "supermono"
    i bought the puig shorty levers for the g650gs (newest gen). had to special order them from a distributor in the US who did me the favor of getting them on a barge from (i believe) spain. took a few weeks to arrive. haven't put 'em on yet, and they were expensive as all get out (!), but they look like pieces of jewelry. i plan on getting them installed in the next few weeks so i'll let you know. why did i get these? i am going to go to a fat bar setup on my strada, and to have the narrower handlebar, the stock levers wouldn't clear - i didn't want to cut 'em.

http://www.puigusa.com/tuning-bikes/bmw-g650-gs-2013/levers/c171en/f1-r213-m3530/

oh, i got mine black, and i had to buy the "perches" that go with them to attach to the bars. i don't even know at this point if they're compatible, but i sure hope they are...
  6. chainsawpete Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Valkyrie & Yamaha xt250
    I just bought 2 clutch levers from Halls Cycles http://www.halls-cycles.com/
    they were $70.00 each plus shipping. They stock them.. seems like a good dealer, they are in Springfield Il.
    Very expensive..... but u.s.p.s. should have them here in 2 days. Better than waiting on a slow boat from (?)
  7. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50

Got any pictures yet?
  8. Riding Again Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sold TriumphTiger800xcx, TR650 Terra
    Jpr-performance has shorty levers no red though
  9. Delnari Husqvarna
    A Class

Okay, anybody, I do mean anybody find shorty adjustable levers for out TR 650 Terra's yet? Please confirm where they can be bought and average pricing.
    mag00 likes this.
  10. infinitipearl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    sorry bud haven't had a chance, been too busy to ride much :( and i bought a 2nd bike which i've been futzin' around with. i'll post here when i eventually put 'em on...
  11. AUS_TR650 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KLX250S
    Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd place this post here.

If you're like me and have shortish fingers and want to move the clutch lever closer to the grip, remove the adjuster to file some material from the flat. When the adjuster is placed in the #1 position, lever travel will be reduced. Minor material removal will not affect clutch operation.
    clutch_adjuster.jpg
    mag00 and Santi Beard like this.
  12. thumperstruck Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    I just took the stock levers and cut them down. Took my time rounding off the edges making it look nice. Little bit of black plasti-dip and looks good.
  13. dlr1090 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    terra
    Hey Pearl, ever get those short levers on?
    infinitipearl likes this.
  14. Louisbiker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
  15. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Before you order, make them email a picture of the actual product you will receive. this wreaks of chinese product that does not fit our bikes. It will not fit the Sertao either. If they will not send you a picture of the actual item being shipped, they are drop shipping, and return shipping is on you, and it is not cheap.

The Chinese ones that don't fit run about 50 bucks.
  16. Louisbiker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Mag00, nope not chinese. made in germany. tr650 has the same levers as the g650 range of bmw. i went to a dealership and did a comparo. same same...

oh. and at that price, i really don't think they reek of $50 chinese ones.

go to http://www.bs-motoparts.com that's the shop selling them on ebay.
  17. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I went one step farther, I contacted them. I was suspect because of generic pictures. The same way the others like Bobs online has. At least they (bobs-----) answered me and revised their items. Also, the bsmotors web page is a splash page and links to the other page. Seems this guy found a new angle to sell chinese crap. Not that I wouldn't spend $50 for the cheap chinese ones.

My email to seller:
    Dear bs-motoparts-uk,

Hello, Can you please send me a picture of the actual item I would receive? Red if you have it,

The ones pictured will not fit my bike.

Thanks,
    Dave

Here is the email response after asking for a photo. Do not waste your time and money with them. I sent a "not so nice" follow up letter.

thank you for your inquiry and interest in our items.

Please confirm the model of your bike.

The ones you see in the listing, will fit only:

MakeModelfrom yearto year
    BMW G 650 GS Sertao 2012 2014

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Have a nice day!

Best regards

Carmen Chifan

Support

BS-Motoparts
    Owner: Peter Boschmann
    Pieper-Keller-Strasse 1
    DE-51702 Bergneustadt

So I replied, in not so nice fashion, I hate being jerked around, and I know that ebay seller does not have levers to fit our bikes or the BMW 650's

Dear bs-motoparts-uk,

I politely asked you for a picture of the item you will send me. I clearly stated the pictured item will not fit, what is your problem with my question?

As with all the chinese crap out there I get a stock photo of garbage that will not fit. You most likely are drop shipping from china and ALL of them send the wrong CRAP. Please send a picture of the ITEM I will receive.

BS motorsports, you are living up to the name Bull Sh-t motorsports. I knew I would get the response I got, but I had to try, I want shorty levers for my bike. Get off ebay, you are not a reputable seller.

Sincerely
    Dave

Chances are one of two things will happen. I will get a nice tap dance or no response. This is not my first time contacting those who sell on ebay listing the levers improperly and showing stock photos. When chasing aluminum elbows for the pod mod, I ran into similar. But when the seller had the product in hand, they sent a picture.

This seller is deflecting. YOU are stuck with the return shipping overseas or no refund.

And if they fit, I think somebody would have them on a GS or Terra by now right?

I would love to be wrong on this, I would love for them to have our parts and make me eat crow, I really would like some nice shiny shorty levers

As it is now, I bought some cheap non adjusting and cut off the ends. In the near future I will weld the ball ends back on and powder coat them red. I may make up some extras and put them on ebay for around $50.

WOW, got a response, a bit different than expected, this person has no people skills, too funny.

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words.

I think we can live without buyers as yourself.

Have a nice day!

Best regards

Carmen Chifan

Support

BS-Motoparts

WARNING: They can live without buyers who wish to get what they order and will hold them accountable. They can live without buyers who do not wish to waste their time getting the wrong stuff and paying return shipping for their mistakes.

And I just now sent yet another not so nice letter LOL, I'm a stinker in the morning :eek:
  18. infinitipearl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:

just wanted to come back and let everyone know, these indeed did work. they are shorties, are compatible with my bark busters, and are really quite beautiful. i bought the puig shorty's and the perches. weren't cheap, were super hard to get, but did the trick.
    mag00 likes this.
  19. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50

Thanks for the follow up. Any photos? Price?

Thanks Much

Authorized Dealers:

PUIG USA INC

8249 Parkline Boulevard Suites 400 and 500
    32809 ORLANDO - FL

TUCKER ROCKY DISTRIBUTING

4900 ALLIANCE GATEWAY FREEWAY
    76177 FORT WORTH - TX
    +1 800 347 1010

WESTERN POWER SPORTS INC

601 EAST GOWEN ROAD
    83717 BOISE - ID
    +1 800 999 3388

OFD RACING

1080 AVIATION DRIVE UNIT B112
    86404 LAKE HAVASU CITY - AZ
    +1 877 428 9633
    dlr1090 likes this.
  20. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Called OFD Racing in Havasu and he says if they are in stock, a couple weeks out. About 200 bucks for the pair. I'm going to save up for a set.