RUMOR CONTROL CLOWN BIKE OPTION?? 300 extra????

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by fletchman45, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    "A very respectable race shop with more experience than anyone with these (Kymco I added that)motors in the USA says the 449/511 motor is hands down far superior to the x-light motors reliability wise and they get very few of them in for work compared to piles of x-light and KTM motors. " truth is BMW knows how design solid strong engines from the beginning of their long history of engine building (Aircraft first moto/car later)

thats easily believable and quite factual by the numbers, you dont need to ask me about my love hate relationship with the X-Lite platform. My patent comment about it is that it is delicate.
    Its a great factory closed course (GNCC/HS/Enduro) offroad race bike....meaning for pro level teams that do post race regular tear downs.......PS I still love the thing, it's just "delicate".
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Robert, you also forgot the Terra, Strada, & Nuda the Italians were told to build.
    robertaccio and Motosportz like this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

And also very good bikes :D
    robertaccio likes this.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I think if those bikes were built in 2011 like the 449/511 was they'd still own the company. That was simple compnant sharing like what's going on now except that they truly were their own still. Well atleast they don't need to worry about what they're told to build anymore since "they" no longer exist...;)
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That kymco bike apparently is very good for many of you guys and thats AOK but facts are facts ... bmw built a 450 MX racer that was not even gonna be considered for racing on the top level of MX racing, apparently in any country. I'm sorry, but no MX racer is a show stopper and very good point at how they missed the dirt bike world.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

A DRZ is not a MX bike ether and sells in huge volumes. I dont think BWM intended it to be a race machine as it came street legal. Both the 450x and 449/511 won some stuff even though it was not really raced or developed. It was an all new bike. Had they continued to develop it and put a race effort on it like KTM does with their bikes it would have done fine. I rode the race prepped Bills bike that has won 2 series up here with fast guys in it and it is a fantastic bike, super fast and rock solid. The KTM PDS was complete garbage when it first came out and replaced a very good ohlins / linkage system that worked great. They developed it over many years and it is now good. There is nothing inherently wrong with the 449/511 and many good things. Years of steady development and upgrades and it would be as good and reliable as anything else. My buddie with the KTM450 I ride with a lot thinks my 511 is a great bike and riding it back to back with his I would rather have the husky. This is all moot but the mags killed this bike and said some really stupid things to get there. Whatever, I'll just ride my inferior machine with a huge smile on my face. Can hardly wait to get back on her and for me thats what it is all about. As far as you last statement BMW was developing a 450 X-light to go racing with, saw the pix, looked cool. Additionally a few short years ago no KTMs were to be found in MX and SX yet they sold PILES of off road bikes. Its only been the last few years they spent piles to make a competitive MX bike and got them on the podium so it seem "no MX bike is a showstopper" is not completely true. Husky has never really had one or even bothered to homologate what one they did have. Where is TM, Beta, GG, Sherco, etc MX bikes?
    oregonsage and robertaccio like this.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    2 seasons in EWC (WEC) with Juha Salminen and two 2nd place in E2 Class Championships for the 450X and they didn't race and develop it? Then Juha went to Husky and raced the 449 another season. This platform got some serious racing and development. Not to mention Zip-Ty in the US. Don't get all senile on me now.....
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Very little development as a race bike compared to the likes of a KTM of other bikes IMHO. Your talking one racer and a few bikes not a team effort. Stock bike never changed from the original 2011. Lowered the shock, slapped on new graphics.
  9. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It sounds like the 449 platform is a good bike I have yet to ride one. The fact is for years Husqvarna should have got there checkbook out a long long time ago and had mini's long before they did. They have mostly been getting bad write-ups for years and the problem is sometimes people and ALOT of people take that stuff to heart!! Read one bad thing then do not buy. Sherco? I have not read much on the 2-stroke stuff but would like to check it out!! Had Husqvarna sent ringer bikes and done things a little different the shoes would be reversed right now! Sure any of those clown bikes would work but what is the point. Not for me. They killed everything to do with the Italians for a simple reason it was there arch rival and was a better product plain and simple. I certainly am not saying the KTM is a pile. It simply is and inferior product(in my opinion) that with proper marketing and resources and the right people is where Husqvarna (Italian) should be. I would like to know who even owns the engine stuff from the Italians. Really the clown bike option makes sense for a company that wants to make more money using less resources and doing stuff in house. It isn't rocket science. However parading a new Husky (makes me gag) in true Husky color scheme in Sweden is simply a joke and a insult to the Italians. Sure I understand the Italian Husqvarna's were not Swedish Husky's but on the same token they were not clown bikes trying to imitate each other with different decals. (My gosh 3 brands!) My god the valving is probably the same! The name may live on. But????????? I really do not see a lot changing in the future with the Husky. They want everything associated with the Italians to be gone! And forgotton with the rebirth:thumbsdown: Husqvarna will be the premium brand with a premium price more to control numbers and protect their jewel then anything else! I'll take the blue wheels!! But that's about it!!:banana:
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I thought they also changed the brand of forks, new fuel injection, and ECU?
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Nope, no, and negative. Thats the 310. Changed the rear shock length and stickers. The TE lost the key.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Norm, all ready senile over here its too late!!!
  13. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey Norm sure the Italian Husky's are Cagiva's but one thing is for sure they didn't pretend to be 3 different brands at once!! Just please. I know the BLUE wheels will look good on your bike but certainly do yourself a favor and DO NOT CRASH IN FRONT OF ME!!! LOL;)
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm an idiot. Look at the crap I own. I 10 year old Cagiva with a husky logo on it, a German Taiwanese bastard stepchild with a husky name on it, and a 2 year offering of orphan unknown origin with some crate motor engine designed by rotax and built god knows where. .

[IMG]

And as if that was not enough, I drive a Saab V6 turbo. Whats wrong with me?
  15. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    That is truth spoken to the faithful:D
  16. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    They sure don't excite me like an Italian stallion.
  17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Is it a "Real" Saab or a re-badged Opel......:busted:
    rajobigguy likes this.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Awesome!

And you got me as I think its part Chevy. The motor is. Foiled again. My idiocracy has no bounds.
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xcuvator, wait4me and juicypips like this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I've ridden in one of those in a farm field. No power. It does need a WB kit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.