RUMOR CONTROL CLOWN BIKE OPTION?? 300 extra????

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by fletchman45, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK so it's not April yet but what is this with the clown bike option?????? So you can buy a KTM? Or do I mean Husaberg or Husky and for $300 extra you get a composite subframe and if you buy a KTM you get Husqvarna plastic kit??? These bikes have no stamping on the engine in order to save money and keep component costs down. And for and additional $500 you get a set of blue wheels and Husaberg plastic thus completing the CLOWN bike option and you simply can own 3 different bikes to impress your friends. I mean think of it??? If your riding with your KTM buddy's simply throw on your alloy subframe and orange plastic and it's all good! If your riding with your Husky buddy's just throw on your composite subframe and retro Swedish Husqvarna plastic! And if you want to make your hillbilly buddy's scratch there head throw on your blue wheels and Husaberg plastic! Or take it to the next level throw your BLUE wheels on and your Husky plastic and you truly have a custom showstopper!! How brilliant 3 bikes that handle the same while your blindfolded but you can adjust the looks in minutes!! Anyone here of this? It's all good I think I'll just be a clown and ride my Italian Husky till I can't get parts any more and then some!
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Our Italian Huskys are really Cagivas, not Huskys Fletch.:busted: I'm putting my blue Husaberg wheels on my Austrian Husky TE250.... because I want to!:oldman:
    MotoMarc36, 454x and Motosportz like this.
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I still think they should come with the blue wheels...:).

(Sorry but eventually Husky will read this lol)
    fletchman45 likes this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    nut-uh, 2 of mine are german / taiwanese. :lol: But then again 2 are Cagivas too (09 144and 04 165)Also have a Swedish WR400. All good here.
    454x likes this.
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Oh and the 449/511's are my favorite, you must hate me lol
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Bragging isn't cool :)
    K5PL5 likes this.
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think it's all funny! And must admit it is brilliant but does seem strange that 3 bikes that are different could handle the same and be so similar......Hey the clown bike option really does make sense !!!
    robertaccio and LandofMotards like this.
  8. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey Norm I really do love the blue wheels and I mean it!!! And yes they certainly are Cagiva's !!I guess I'm still being punished!!!I wonder why????:cheers:
    guscycle and robertaccio like this.
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I don't need one of those new bikes. I can make any of my bikes any color that I want with a bit of different plastic and custom colored shroud graphics from Decal Works. And for a lot less money, too!:banana:
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

yep...

[IMG]
    cheko7, robertaccio and fletchman45 like this.
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    No one on earth would punish us.... It's all fun and games in dirt bike land!:cheers:
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I think the tests are going to be funny. Kind of like how Beta came in last but got bike of the year lol. I feel the same way motosportz does. There's one less option. I have to admit though, I'm excited to see where it goes and if a separation of the brands happen. We may all sit here in a couple years and laugh about how KTM is second rate again lol
  13. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Kind of funny on the Beta thing and what a coincidence that Cody Web was riding one.................................. I would like to try out a Beta 250 for fun. And I wish Gas Gas would get the lead out cause I do like them to. But NOTHING handles like my Husky!!
    robertaccio likes this.
  14. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So that´s what it´s all come down to .... we´ve got "Clown Bikes"! (Many thanks, Herr Pierer)
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I hear the new Sherco 250 2T does. Want to try one.
    robertaccio likes this.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Does this sound about right Husky Fans (Fans is short for Fanatics!!) HIZ-Story. From the Italian years

Cagiva Italia=the 2T line up engines with older style CrMo chassis 250/260/300 series and older than 08 125s (circa 88- to present)- 100% Italian in Varese house

Cagiva-Husqvarna Italia= 2T motor line up with the CrMo semi perimeter chassis 125/144 (08 to present)-100% Italian in Varese house

Husqvarna-Cagiva= the 4T single cammer big blocks 400/570/610 etc evolved from the original Swede Husky 4T design. early 80s to late 2000s)- in the end a very high % of Italian evolution in the motor the chassis remained tied high % to the Swede single backbone design.

Cagiva-Husqvarna Italia=250/310 smaller block and 400/450/510 bigger block TC/TE/TXC series twin cammers (03-10 circa)-100% Italian in house

Cagiva-Husqvarna Italia= 250/310 TC/TE/TXC "XLite" series (2010-2013 circa)-100% Italian in Varese house (with some outside engineering assistance)

All these lines are dead since the Pierer but out. XLites my have been sold to India and or China by alot of internet fotos and chatter, unless they just reverse engineered them.

Also never to be mentioned by the new owners how many world Championships were won under the Italian Varese banner. In MX, Enduro and Super Moto (as well as many Nats and others)
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    You will like the Sherco- I Garan dang tee it!!
    Like I said the 300i is like a further evolved edition of the X-Lite design, and so must be the same with the 250/300, a further evolved design of where the Husky 250/300 should have gone, more 125/144 new tech layout. Very neutral and easy to ride, well planted and low fatigue riding chassis. Think French enduro riders= the way the Sherco works and feels.
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ok so left off the Kymco bikes.........to me they are 100% BMW G450Xs with a Varese designed chassis, that was forced upon them to build. I know we have mega fans here and the bike is not a bad bike, Its just not Italian at all chassis excepted but by BMW engineering edict.
    IMO (I aint being Humble this time)
    They would have continued to go down the more standard twin cam route in a CrMo 125/144/250310 XLite type chassis while evolving the X-Lite small blocks and probably would have gone toa more X-Lite motor style scaled up bigger block 450+ size also wrapped in a CrMo semi perimter chassis of their own design. 125/144 evolved in little steps and the 250/300 series in a new tech chassis or a completley new series of engines in the new tech chassis. CMon Italian Industrialists Cagiva reborn or Aspes or Ancilotti to Z one of many of the older Italian off road marques
    rasputin and Dirtdame like this.
  19. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    I'm sure they are effective and fun-to-ride bikes regardless of what "clown suit" you choose....
    robertaccio likes this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    which I am very happy happened as it has become my favorite 4 stroke bike. The motor is sweet, stone reliable, does not seep oil from anywhere (like the motor it replaced), makes great power, and almost zero threads with issues. The bike itself is cool and the longer I own it the more I appreciate it. The linkage is on top the swingarm (and the bottom of the bike is smooth for crossing logs and rocks) and has zerks, I have never had it apart in 4500 miles and it is super tight. the swingarm bearings are SUPER EZ to get to and grease and seem to stay pretty clean. The Air filter stays cleaner than a typical one for 5x the time, it is brilliant. The EZ to get to side oil drain makes changing the oil a 2 stroke like experience. I have not touched a wheel bearing on it nor does it vibrate bolts loose. In fact I have to say it is one of the most solid bikes I have ever owned. The e-start has never let me down and I just pulled the cover the other day to swap out a stator that has a wire that rubbed and was bad and the starter gear and associated gears as well as the rest of the inside of the motor looks brand new. The valves have never been touched and are spot on. I also love the very unique look of the bike. This is a great bike regardless of bad mag reviews. A very respectable race shop with more experience than anyone with these motors int he USA says the 449/511 motor is hands down far superior tot he x-light motors reliability wise and they get very few of them in for work compared to piles of x-light and KTM motors. My redheaded bastard stepchild is here to stay.
    Helgar, oregonsage and robertaccio like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.