Rekluse Auto Clutch

Discussion in 'TR650' started by mag00, Aug 7, 2015.

1. TE250Guy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KLR 650, Yamaha XT 225
    Recluse has a place on their site where people can suggest future products. Today I left a message to show interest in the Recluse for the Terra. If there are enough of us, it should influence their decision to go into production for our bikes.
    engineerk9 and mag00 like this.
  2. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I'm keeping contact and the messages sometimes take awhile, I pass the interest along, and try to let him stay focused on the development. If he has to field a pile of questions from many, it might cause a slowdown. If you have any concerns, I can pass that along.

It might be good for all to contact the sales team and ask to be put on a waiting list or to be notified when it is ready for retail for the Terra/Strada. You can inquire with them at customerservice@rekluse.com

Sure couldn't hurt to let them know the product will sell.
    engineerk9 and TE250Guy like this.
  3. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Our bikes and the Sertao/G650

https://rekluse.com/new-product-request/
  4. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    Awesome magoo, well done
    I'll buy one
  5. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    Hope so - I'll buy one ASAP
  6. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100

I'm thinking 17t to give me better Highway & better 3rd for desert (or maybe even 4th) - my TR seems to be getteing betterer every mod l do
  7. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100

I like the steel liners to protect the basket
    mag00 likes this.
  8. gullywasher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ6, Beta 300RR
    Way to go mag00! Unless you've tried one, you can't really appreciate how much more pleasure a Recluse clutch can add to your off-roading experience, especially on a fairly heavy bike with streetable gearing. My fingers are crossed that the clutch kit soon becomes available. I can't think of a better mod for those of us who like to take our Terras off-road.
    engineerk9, TE250Guy and mag00 like this.
  9. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    The reply to my recent request:-

"Thank you for your interest in our product. Sorry, but we don't have anything available for your TR 650. As we expand our product line there could be something available in the future, but there is no ETA of if, or when. Please keep checking our website as we will be sure to update it with up and coming products. In the mean time I will add this to our list of requested products. Have a great day and let us know if you need anything else."

“Idaho” Joe Boisvert
    Sales, Marketing, & Technical Support
    P: 208-426-0659 Ext. 716
    E: joe@rekluse.com

My response:-
    "Hi Joe
    On the Cafehusly Forum there's a member who is working with you Guys & has fitted one to his TR
    Are you sure that you don't have one for the TR"
    Cheers
    Just maybe Logan is more customer focused than Joe "idaho" ??
    [IMG]
  10. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    The Rekluse for the TR650 does not exist (yet). I was fortunate enough to get the last prototype disks. I was able to convince the design team (Logan) to move forward on it again, but no guarantee it will ever go to market.

I however am confident there will be a solution. Might just take a little while.

Requesting a Rekluse for the TR650 can show interest in the product. The design and hard parts production is only part. They will still need to box label and redo website. Instructions need to be made and printed, and I will be supplying some of that info best I can, with pictures measurements and probably even video.

I'm really not supposed to be sharing alot in public forum, but like I told them, it is hard to contain my excitement, and I want them to know there is an interest. We are a small market compared to the other bikes they develop for.

The only reason I even knew about this was from when I called long ago to see if they had one for the Terra, they did have it for the BMW 650. I was told way back then that the were working on it for Terra, which they were. Then later when I had money I called again, and they did not, evidently it was shelved due to the noise when engaging the clutch.

I saw the product for the 650 and figured I would order it and try it. That is when I started this topic. When I notified them that it did not work, they were willing to take it back and refund me. Everything else seemed to fit, but the spline count was wrong and I just figured they sent the wrong setup.

So I asked for a new set of disks, and they confirmed that they did not make a set for the Terra. Somehow I was put in touch with Logan, we talked once, and it has been pretty much email since.
  11. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    Well done Magoo

I have experienced previously with US companies that within the one organisation one Guy will be truly enthusiastic & helpful & another doesn't give a flying f*****
  12. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    Logan being super helpful
    TE250Guy likes this.
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    An EFM auto clutch is your solution. Gary can build a unit for any bike. It is the ball and ramp style, like the older Rekluse, but easier to set up than a Rekluse and more bullet proof. You need to send your clutch basket or donor to him for machining.

When Rekluse would not build a unit for the Husky CR/WR125 almost 10 years ago, Joe Chod here on CH went to Gary. EFM gave us a clutch, that became the standard for the bike. After 8 years with one in my WR125 and 3 years of a Rekluse EXP in my Husaberg TE250.... I would go EFM, if I needed another auto clutch.
    http://www.efmautoclutch.com/
    Xcuvator, TE250Guy and engineerk9 like this.
  14. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    There are a couple guys who make the custom auto clutch. I was looking around for my XR250. None of them retain the clutch lever except Rekluse. Price is a little higher, but fairly close.

Why do you prefer the EFM to the Rekluse?
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    With the EFM you retain the lever. You couldn't ride a 125 2T effectively, without being able to manually modulate the clutch.

EFM has a simpler set up than both Rekluse Z Start Pro and EXP and I've had less clutch wear with the EFM. Clutch plates last much longer with EFM, even when you abuse the clutch more riding a 125 2T compared to a 250 2T with more torque.
  16. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    I can't see from the EFM pictures exactly how it works, the Rekluse appears to rely on the springs to press the plates together, be better to have a system that pressed the plates together mechanically depending upon engine speed, thereby eliminating clutch slip at high loads

I emailed them for more info
  17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    EFM and Rekluse Z-Start Pro, rely on springs and ball and ramp pressure plate. EXP has friction plate with springs and wedges, that expands. Good luck guys, as I have no interest in TR650's, my work here is done.....
    Clete likes this.
  18. TE250Guy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KLR 650, Yamaha XT 225
    So, has anyone put an EFM in a TR650? Or contacted the company? The idea of a Recluse drop-in is appealing if for no other reason that it should be easier to revert to stock if something went wrong. Thanks to all for your researh on this.
  19. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    EFM rep;ied to my request:-

"We modify the clutch send to us, 695.00 plus shipping, you might have to do some grinding on the inside of the cover if it rubs.
    Thank you for the interest in EFM auto clutch.
    Garry Buzzelli
    3101 State Route 14
    Rootstown, Oh. 44272
    330 947 1700
    www.efmautoclutch.com"

[IMG]
    Norman Foley and TE250Guy like this.
  20. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Another thumbs up for the EFM!
    I have three Zstarts that have needed more frequent adjustment.
    They are a little more but they come built for your clutch/bike so plug and play.:)
    engineerk9 likes this.