Rear linkage bearings/bushes

Discussion in '610/630' started by BiG DoM, Jan 29, 2014.

1. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    I've never looked at this stuff closely... can grease get from the zerk to the upper bearings in the pic?

2. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes there is a transfer hole opposite the zerk (we call them grease nipples ;)) through to the other bearings - so it should feed through if given enough pressure, and just enough space between the two bearings.
  3. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Dumb question, but if you don't mind my posting it here I know you guys are on this. I've got a 630 and am overdue pumping the grease nipples. Is the nipple on the 630 a "standard" size or is there something I need to know before trotting off to buy a grease gun? I'm hoping to just pick something up at an auto parts place this weekend.
  4. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Standard grease fitting.

I recommend something with a flexible hose, not a rigid pipe.
    EricV likes this.
  5. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just for reference for others = the All Balls kit 27-1148/131123 was the one I used, for the 610/630 (they do not list the 610 on their website though).

All Balls.jpg
    withiam likes this.
  6. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Good stuff Dom, thanks for sharing. I'll get around to doing mine, in the next month or three!

For the reference of other people, those pain in the arse little metal ring clips that Dom mentions near the bottom of page 2 (not sure what they're really called, I've taken to calling them Poor-mans Ring Inner Circlips or 'PRIC's' for short...) are also used to retain and centre the piston gudgeon pin, which I just came across this morning. In the case of the piston there is a small recess machined into the piston skirt that allows you to get a straight or 45 degree pick under the ring (just!).

I found the best way to get the PRIC out, is to push it around inside the housing until one end of the PRIC just covers the machined recess (with maybe a 2mm tail past the recess). From there you can use the pick in the recess under the end to lever it upwards and lift it clear of the groove. Then, with another pick or small screwdriver, you can lever the end outwards slightly to prevent it dropping back inside the groove. From that point you just chase it all the way around levering the little PRIC upwards and outwards until it finally pops out (and possibly flies across the garage, then you get to go hunting for the little PRIC). Rinse and repeat for the other side if you need too.
  7. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

PRIC is a great word for the buggerz :D

The trick if drilling a 1.5mm or 2mm little hole next to and slight angled to the tip (and in the recessed groove) of the PRIC helped greatly here. Also hooked it with an angled pick and then got a small screwdriver under it and worked around till it popped out. This bearing has a grooved reservoir for grease inside it and you need to angle the ball bearing to force the grease in through the small window created ... working around till it is full.
  8. Dr Klaun Husqvarna
    A Class

Any further news on your seal / zerk ideas?
  9. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

withiam likes this.
  10. Dr Klaun Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks BigDom!

I've read that other post, but was hoping you'd follow-up with a final report of sorts with a list of the actual parts used (sizes for the seals!!). I'm going to be dealing with this soon and need to figure out what to order...

I appreciate your posts on this!
  11. withiam Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hypermotard 1100 EVO; KLX250SF
    I am also appreciative of this thread. Thanks for posting the details.