Real world reactions to the TR models...

Discussion in 'TR650' started by ray_ray, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    And it's a big thanks to you Kelly for giving us here at CH glowing reviews. I'll admit at first I was "blah" about this bike, but after reading your review and seeing pictures and others reviews, I sure want one now.
  2. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    Agree wholeheartedly. BMW makes a good product. Contrary to popular belief, one aw shit does not wipe out a thousand atta boys or they would not be around. Like in the case of the 449/511, Husky took a so so bike and improved upon it and made it a pretty darn nice bike. The same here, Husky took a bin full of parts from the 650GS and made one hell of a bike. Not perfect but finally a bike that seems to fit or at least narrow the gap between dirt and street in a near perfect balance
    I personally have owned just about every possible dual purpose machine out there and can honestly say that this bike is exciting. It is the PERFECT balance between going somewhere street wise and then off road. If someone said go pick out a new bike, can add bags only etc, This thing would be it right out of the box. to me would be my choice having ridden it. Cannot say enough about it. If they want to bash it, have at it. They are a minority for sure and will fall on deaf ears here and elsewhere. Been reading all the Oh it's to heavy, no fuel range etc. BS. One thing to note is that not one of them own one. Have not heard one derogatory thing about the TR except from non owners. It's jsut a great bike that will do nothing but improve as time goes on, some refinements as technology and uses dictate.
    AvidR and ray_ray like this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thanks I am in a position to ride a lot of bikes and like to report the best I can. I think it is very important right now to get real world customer reviews out there as it seems the media and some husky lovers seems to want to blindly bash Husky offerings now that BMW owns them and are using some BMW tech. I like to judge the bikes as if they had no name on the side and just let the chips fall where they may. the TE511 I was prepared to be a POS given how bad the 450 BMW reviewed. Glad i gave it a chance as i really like that bike. This one is the same for me. Took an Ok start and built a GREAT bike from the basic platform.
    ray_ray likes this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Toyboy and i just posted that same thing at the same time. funny.
  5. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    Great minds think alike....
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    :D
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    yep... and it does not matter what the topic is it seems.

Once I detect that type of personality I tend to ignore them... they will consume much time, which could be why they do, what they do.
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Inspected the Terra today. I can see that it is not a bike for me, but I am really interested in the Strada anyway, and hope to see that soon.:D
  9. QuadExpert Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 4 speed auto,2011 wr 150
    We have to follow suggested retail pricing and then rebates get applied.
    some rebates were over 2000.00
    I sold over 40 new bikes in 2011 under 6500.00
    Who is charging 10k??
  10. TAC630 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 ADV, Triumph Sprint, GS1100E
    I went and looked at the Strada today, it is the bike for me. Bills Motorcycle here in Salem, OR has one.
    ray_ray and Dirtdame like this.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    After flogging my TR650 i think the Strada is going to make a fantastic light weight street bike / canyon carver.
  12. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I can't wait for someone to put 17 inch marchesni's on it
  13. SamM Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None yet
    The Husqvarna TR650 Terra is the best 50/50 bike out there. I sat on one today and basically climbed all over and under it. I like just about everything on the bike. The rear brake lever is odd and hangs too low. Not an issue for my use. Also, the oil return line from the head to the crankcase is VERY close to the header. Other than that, there is not much, for me, to dislike about the Terra. One feature that I really liked was the bolt-on footpeg brackets. Nice bike!

I believe that I'll be ordering one next month!
    ray_ray likes this.
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    You're wanting a ~street bike that you might take down a dirt road with some speed and still maintain some stability and control?
  15. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I'm wanting a street bike that's a Husqvarna.:banana:
    WoodsChick likes this.
  16. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I want to use the terra for the pikes peak hillclimb! It will need 17's though lol that is my dream race. I was checking out the rules and the 250cc class means my 4 stroke would be up against 2 strokes. With some sprockets changes and wheels I think I stand a good chance!
  17. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    I put a leg over the TR650 A couple days ago. As a dual sport bike the seat hight was a little tall for me but the rest of the bike was very nice. Definitatly needs a motosportz skid plate and some wraparound handgaurds, a radiator gaurd and that is about it.
  18. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Me, too! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enamored with the idea of having a Husky for every purpose :D

Commuter TR650
    Dirt WB165
    Street (heh) SM610

Of course we all know that whatever streetbike I am riding at the moment will always end up in the dirt. Likewise, my SM spending most of its life in the dirt. I'm sure a commuter/dualsport/adventure TR650 will be a lot more practical for me than my SV650.
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I am becoming clairvoyant, and can sense what you may do in the future... :D
    WoodsChick likes this.
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    You're a genius! :oldman:
    Coffee likes this.