1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Power #'s from a dyno run?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by letitsnow, May 8, 2010.

1. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Only torque can be measured....horsepower is a calculation...and the dyno does this for us

torque is simple...force times the distance or F x D

and horsepower is the maximum torque figure and how far the engine can rev while still applying the torque....relative to 1 seconds time

horsepower = torque x RPM divided by 5252

0r 550lbs on a 10in pulley moved 1' in 1 seconds time

only torque is measured on a dyno (with the rpm).....and the dyno gives us a figure

but enough...lets see some figures !!!
  2. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

3. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Here is my dyno sheet.
    I have write some comment on it.
    View attachment 4705
    For the torque curve, i will try to have it, but i have call and the correct result was 33.1 lb. (from his memory)
    *** Also, i have had a WR450 2005 in the past and the Husky is in another league in term of pure power. The WR is a big pig...

Attached Files:

4. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

There is no such thing as a big pig, its all down to the rider, iv seen lads on dt125s in road trim rip and others on bigger more powerfull bikes fall behind

bike helps but its always the rider on the trail(you also cant compare the two, they make power very differently)
  5. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

I know that, but the WR450 is probably one of the less funny bike i have had. Not in term of power or reliability, but this bike feel VERY top heavy, turn bad and have very plush suspension to be riding hard in STOCK trim. I have only comment on the WR450 because of the link you have posted. For me, the WR450 is like an Honda XR. Very good as a trail bike but need to be modded in every department to be a real enduro weapon. For the rider i agree with you, when i go to the track, i alway see some riders with less powerfull and outdated bike beat me easily on the track...:doh:
  6. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    I can relate - Last weekend I was lapped by a guy on an old KDX200, and by another guy with the name "Tawnia" on his KTM number plates... I SUCK LOL!

Does anybody have the dyno sheets from a WR125 to compare to 300 that was posted?
  7. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow! That´s a nice powercurve! I saw that there was actually over 40 hp between 6300rpm and 9800rpm!:applause:
  8. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Good info
    The power curve flattens out at around 7000 rpm which is why youd short shift
    Comparing to a TE450 it makes similar power at 5000 and 7000 but then 450 keeps climbing to 52 at 8500
  9. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

It would be intresting to see a 450 on the dyno if they really make the horsepower they are claiming. I´m a little sceptic actually. It doesn´t seem like that when i race against them. I was even to the Husaberg 570 on the ice this winter and that was with the Mikuni carb. KTM 525´s was no problem to hook up to either.

Johnny
  10. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n188/NT450/scan0004.jpg
  11. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

12. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

like i said earlier, you cant compare the two.. one has twice as many bangs.

the 300 2 stroke rip, but i have a 2 stroke and a wr450f and i love them both not so the 250f yammy i borrowed a while back
  13. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    There are plenty of posts on Thumpertalk of TE 450 06 and 08s making 51 or 52 HP

View attachment 4719

May be slower in acceleration in gear as not as easy to get to power quickly and heavier
    my old Te 450 was a rocketship compared to CRF 450x Ive ridden

Attached Files:

14. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

You are right. They are very different bikes to ride. But powerwise still quite even. Which bike feel strongest of the two? Whats the weight of the 450?

Johnny
  15. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

the 450 will feel stronger, but the 2 stroke spins up so much master due to it having more bangs
  16. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    This is an interesting comparison of 125 , 144, 167 and 250 f

It may be a few years old and 250 f would be better these days but 167 result is very good:applause:

View attachment 4722

Attached Files:

17. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

HRC 630

have you rode with the EEL , 180 combo . How does it compare to the CEL , 175.
  18. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

2 strokes usually just feel faster than many 4t's, when in reality they often aren't. It's all in how they deliver the power that makes them feel faster.

Ktm 200's feel way faster than my 07 TE 250(which feels kinda slow when you ride it), but it's usually a dead heat or within a bike length either way to about 65 mph or so (I've raced several late model 200's, both the XC and XCW)
    125's & 144's feel fast also, but they don't even stand a chance in a flat out drag against my TE, even though my bike is 50# heavier.
  19. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

I only agree with you if the ground are slippery. On hard pack, the fine tuned 2 stroke are hard to beat. A few week ago we have made several drag on asphalt with many dirt bike and the two 300 two stroke always win by a good margin. My WR300 and a Katoom 300 XC-W are for sure the faster on that days. That include KTM 530, CRF450 an many other fast bike. On gravel the advantage is on the 4 strokes.

Anyway, a dirt bike is not a dragster but i think on the market right now a 300 2 strokes is hard to beat in term of pure power.
  20. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes i have road it, but this week-end was very hot here and it seem to rich on top. I have put a 175 instead of the 180 and it was very very good. Each time i ride this bike since it was properly tuned im very impressed with it :notworthy: