1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Power #'s from a dyno run?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by letitsnow, May 8, 2010.

1. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Have any of you had your 125, 250, or 360 on a dyno to see what they put out (at the rear wheel)?
  2. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Next friday i will put my WR300 2010 on the dyno.
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Doesnt look like anyone has...
    The 125 and 144 figures at the engine should be someething like the KTMs as described below
    I am not sure how much is lost when measured at the wheels

Dear MXA,
    Have you dyno tested the KTM 144SX? Have you compared it to the KTM 125SX? Have you tested it against 250 four-strokes?

Yes, yes and yes. Where the 125SX has a smooth, linear and road racy powerband, the 2008 KTM 144SX powerband is much chunkier off the bottom and through the middle. Torque is up two foot-pounds from 6000 rpm to 10,000 rpm (and one foot-pound until sign-off).

A more telling comparison is between the torque of the 125SX (17.8 ft-lb), 144SX (18.9 ft-lb) and 250SXF four-stroke (19.2 ft-lb). The 144SX closes the torque gap, which is what four-strokes use to get hooked up better than two-strokes. The 144SX’s additional torque is more important on the track than its horsepower figures.

The horsepower numbers favor the 144SX over the 125SX (and over the 250SXF also). The 2008 KTM 144SX tops 40 horsepower at peak (which is about 300 rpm lower and two horsepower more than the 125SX’s peak). Best of all the 144SX makes as much as three horsepower more than the 125SX in the meat of the powerband.
  4. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    I also wondered about the 2009 TC510. How much HP to the rear wheel?
  5. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Finally, i will go to the dyno this afternoon :thumbsup:
    What is your prediction ????
    WR300 2010, Keihin PWK 38. (running strong :eek:)
  6. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

47bhp
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

There is a old saying that says

Horsepower sells BUT Torque wins races
    Tinken likes this.
  8. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

42 at the rearwheel? I hope for more though:thumbsup:!
  9. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Horsepower IS torque!:thumbsup:
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I guess it will be...48.3 HP.
  11. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

I am just returning from the dyno.
    I am not able to post the sheet right now (i have receive the sheet by e-mail and not able to upload it here). I will take a picture of the screen and post it as soon as i can

I have made many run, one with the Mikuni and 5-6 with the Keihin and different jetting. From the first run (with the Mikuni) to the best run with the Keihin, i have gain almost 5 peak whp and a very nive powerband. (nice fat curve).

The best result is 46.8 whp. The best of that is the bike make more than 40 whp from 6300 rpm to 9500 rpm :notworthy:

The best result was with this setting.
    WR300 2010
    Keihin PWK38 AR
    Main 180
    Pilot 42
    Needle EEL (thanks Johnny :thumbsup:)
    Powernow

*** I dont know if the results are good since my previous KTM 525 (modded : cam, piston, porting) have made 53 whp on the same dyno but the Husky feel WAY stronger than that...
  12. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
  13. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Thats about 450 range . Id say the wr makes the power at lower revs than the KTM right
  14. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

No... the WR is also very strong on top....
  15. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    That's a fat main jet IMO. I've continually dropped from a 178 down to a 172 and the 300 likes the 172 much better at my spot (1800' - 3000', low humidity, temps in the 50-60's). BUT I have the PC pipe and silencer and that is one pipe dependent on proper jetting, for sure.

From my experience the KTM's are stronger on the bottom and the Husky 300 is quite a bit stronger in the mid and top. I've smoked 450 with my WR. Numerous times with numerous riders. After owning a built YZ285 and a WR300 I've lost respect for 450's and they feel pretty lethargic (and super heavy) to me

Unless you need to travel at 80+mph. Then a 450 is the ticket.
  16. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

I know the 180 is "supposed" to be fat (i have never try it before the dyno) but my bike seem to like it and the plug look very nice :cool:
    For the 450, i agree ! One off my last bike was a KTM 450sx and i have sold it to a good friend. We run always together and my wr300 smoke it all the time (even on top since the 450sx is a 4 speeds).

Anyway, i run single track most off the time now (except 3-4 ride per years when i run on open road and miss a higher top speed).
    I really think the WR300 is one of the best dirt bike on the market. Very powerfull, nimble, with plenty of caracter.
    Its my 1st Husky and i plan of buying an other one for the road. Maybe a 510.
  17. wally111 Husqvarna
    B Class

I had a CR125 and a 150 on the dyno.
    The 125 with ported barrel and aftermarket exhaust (HGS) had 31hp at the rear wheel, and the 150 had 36hp.
    The 150 was a standard 125 barrel bored out, had lots of top end power, but similar torque as the 125.
    need to bring the hp number down and the torque up
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Looks like sean is the winner with a guess at 47. What was your TQ?
  19. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Geat results Francis! Intresting to see that the more tapered needle worked! Some times when testing on the road it´s easy to go "blind" with what you feel. At what temps were you dyno test? Clip position?

Regards Johnny
  20. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

The temp was 65-70F
    For the clip with the EEL i have just try it in 2nd. When i post the dyno chart you can see the details. The CEL come on sooner than the EEL, but have a big drop in power from 5k to 6K. I have not try the CEL with the 180 main, but i think it will make the same peak power because from 6k to the top the curve are really similar with 1-2 hp less for the CEL with a 175 main insted of a 180 for the EEL. On the trail, i dont know if i will prefer the stronger buttom of the CEL (even with is drop of power from 5K to 6K) or the nice fat curve of te EEL from 5K to the moon !!! I will check it tonight and make more testing this weekend

Thanks.