1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Power #'s from a dyno run?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by letitsnow, May 8, 2010.

1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Im telling you...try the DDK needle3rd or 4th from top. Comes on soon like CEL and revs out like EEL. You won't be sorry
    Joe
  2. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks Joe, i will try it, but yesturday my worst result was with the DDJ needle (pretty close to the DDK). Seems to be way to rich or incompatible with my bike !!
  3. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not exactly true - it's more of a complimentary feature.

Torque indicates how much load or work an engine is capable of. Horsepower indicates how fast it can do that work.
    (at the crankshaft, without benefit of torque multiplying transmissions etc.)

Ie. an engine with 5hp and 100 ft/lbs of torque, could do a lot of work or get a large mass moving, but it wouldn't be able to move it very fast.
    (Ie. large diesel truck engine as a real life example - relatively low HP to torque ratio)

Inversely, an engine with 100hp and only 5 ft/lbs of torque couldn't move much weight(do much work), but what work it can do, it can do very quickly. (ie. very small bore 2t engine on a light mx bike as a real world example - High HP to torque ratio)

Looks like Sean guessed it pretty close for the dyno run - 47hp vs, 46.8 actual - good guess!
    ASO likes this.
  4. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

47... told you :thumbsup:

how smooth was the power lines
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ok sean you were closer this time but my 48.2 will be the winner later today when we gets his jetting sorted LOL. I just figured a lttle high after reading the 300's will out run 450 4-stroke MX bikes. They put down 48-55 hp depending on who dyno's them. So what are the TQ numbers on the 300?
  6. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

For the torque, i dont have receive the curve by e-mail, but if my memorie is good, its like 34,6 lb with a very flat curve. I will try to have it today.

The interesting thing is on the same dyno a couple of week before the guy have tested a KTM 300exc 2006 and he made about 5hp less across the curve. He topped at 44whp. Also, the Katoom have over 40 whp only for 1500 rpm where the Husky make over 40 whp for over 3000 rpm.

The guy also tell me that the Husky have a huge potentiel of improvement in the lower rpm because of it very low compression ratio.
    If i want more hp and tq i will shave the head and ajust the squish, but for now i really think my bike have plenty of power everywhere and am happy with it :thumbsup: I cant utilise all this power in the woods !!!
  7. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

torque = 29 ft-lbs
  8. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Before the dyno i really think my bike would put at least 50 whp so when i see the number i was a little disapointed but i think the 300 rev way faster than the 450...
    I can assure you, my WR300 out run all 450 i run with exept on top speed. The WR300 is my 27th dirt bike (include four 450) and i think that only my CR500 (and probably my old crap YZ490 when it run good) have the power to beat the WR. The good thing about this Husky is it make power everywhere and it is the only "big bore" two stroke i know that can make this kind of power in the top end and overrev.
  9. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Torque of what ???
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

sean he thinks it was 34.6 do you have a curve of one making 29 or is this another very good guess? hrc630 yes please post up the chart when you can, thanks. I agree hrc630 with 46+ hp and 34+ tq thats a lot of power in the trees. I was thinking about the WR250 set up for MX (as in olds man's MX).
  11. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What elevation are you dynoing at?
  12. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

I think here we are very close to see level (+- 100m).
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Those are big number for rear wheel HP. Nice. the 5 HP gain on the carb is amazing. Great post / info. :cheers:
  14. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

The 5hp is not only the carb, but the Keihin make the motor to come earlier. (When i post the chart you can see it!) Also, the needle change on the Keihin take 2 minutes !!!
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    would be interesting to see how the JD needles do in comparison.
  16. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, i understand. What i men is that an engine with 100 horepower at 10000 rpm do same work as an engine with 100 horsepower at 1000 rpm. What i mean is that torque and horsepower is the same thing, but at different revs. How effective an engine is at different revs. A 125 cc engine at 10000 rpm and 30 bhp is as strong as a 300 cc engine at 5000 rpm with 30 bhp. I think we have the same thoughts really:thumbsup:!
  17. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Send me 1 red needle and i will put in on the dyno again. :cool:
    I have some test to make with a road race bike and im planning to go on the dyno again in 2 weeks. I can test my WR again.
  18. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I love changing needles! Maybe i should send my JD needles to HRC 630 to evaluate;)! Closer to Kelly i guess, but they are here if you would need them.

Johnny
  19. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Nice work :applause:
    Not too shabby for a motor designed 1/4 century ago :cool:

Now post some graphs !
  20. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Tomorrow morning for sure, my cam is at my other work plant and i will go there tomorrow. I cant upload the e-mail here.