Potential Australian recall

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Geeza, May 1, 2016.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Been following this thread. Doesn't concern me as don't have a TR but I'm pissed off for u blokes. Rough end of the stick from the pumpkin brigade/BMW!

Keep at em & keep making noise. These sort of entities rèly on u jus givin up the ghost n fadin away. Stick it up em!!!
    PaulC, sussurf, Geeza and 3 others like this.
  2. Johnn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    T4 Moto Guzzi
    Thanks for the encouraging words shawbagga.

As all parties are still in business there is no reason for our bikes not to be properly serviced, including having the latest update for the ECU, or repaired.

I was in the dealership where I purchased my Husky where I overheard a salesman state that the bike (not a Husqvarna ) had a 2 year warranty and by law the manufacturer had to supply parts and service for ten years. It is a selling point and adds value to the bike.

You can bet that Husqvarna dealerships are assuring customers that service and parts will be available for 10 years as part of the new bike sales spiel.

I had my 12 month service by a BMW dealership and was charged over $300.00 without them having access to the diagnostics. Received a reminder that a service was due. (never received anything from Husqvarna) What is the point. Part of the advantages of having a dealer service is diagnostic and updating the ECU. Upshot, someone missed out on a service fee and the bike cannot be fully serviced.

Strange way to run a business.
  3. Tel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GSA
    Okay just discovered this thread. I have lodged my DOTARS document. Number: INC-2016-06-00072
    Geeza likes this.
  4. Mal Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 Yamaha MT09
    Lodged incident number INC-2016-06-00073.
    PaulC likes this.
  5. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Goodonya!
    Whereabouts in Tas are you?
    Hopefully nowhere near the floods.
    Didn't know there were 2 Terras on the Apple Isle. :eek:;)

!
  6. Poser Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Dakar
    I've recently fitted the Booster Plug which seems to have resolved the issue. However, still not happy with all of us Terra and Strada owners being deserted so just joined forces - DOTARS Number: INC-2016-06-00074. I also think the air intake issue should also be resolved under warranty but am grudgingly leaning towards the POD MOD fix? Thanks for initiating this and we'll keep our fingers crossed...
  7. Tel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GSA
  8. DustyTheDingo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TR650
    Just bought my new terra, been scouring the forums and sort of looking at what i need to do to get it the best it can be. So what exactly is the issue with the MOSS, does it affect the performance of the bike?
  9. DeLewis Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    MOSS is the computer system used by BMW and formerly Husqvarna dealers to diagnose faults, update ECU software, clear error codes, etc. It is the system that once supported our bikes. Currently, there is no dealer access to MOSS for our bikes since BMW sold Husqvarna to KTM. It is expected that KTM will in time provide service support to the TRs but we've been waiting a while. It's not usually an issue for us owners unless something goes seriously wrong, eg. fried ECU, etc.
  10. sussurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint 1050, Daytona 955i
    Also if your bike is not running the latest ECU firmware update which can contribute to poor running.
  11. DustyTheDingo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TR650
    Ah, thanks guys. I managed to give PFG a call and they're happy to check the firmware for me
  12. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    That is good to hear, perhaps a small change in outlook from them, get the ops report and let us know the results
  13. DustyTheDingo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TR650
    It took a little asking, i guess he knew i was a young fool who didn't know anything. But they won't be free till the 7th of july as their all about the drag motors now. Will post report when i get it
    PaulC and DeLewis like this.
  14. DeLewis Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Make sure you do the PodMod if it hasn't already been done on your bike - the stock airbox is prone to dust ingress and will damage/ destroy your top end in short order if not addressed.
  15. MrStrada Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    klr250
    Hey guys new to the forum i have a strada and have follow you guys for awhile thanks for all the great information. I filled out the forms geeza shared the link to. I have a crappy idle and need a service code cleared so its been an issue with the whole no moss tool situation. Anyways thanks again and anything i can do let me know. Im located east vic :)
    DeLewis and Geeza like this.
  16. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Please post the complaint confirmation number you received when you filled out the DOTARS form so we can track how many complaints there are

Re the Service code, ask around, anyone with a GS911 WiFi can clear that code for you, re the poor idle it may well be simple maintenance to resolve that by cleaning the idle actuator and airways or a reset of adaptions with a GS911
  17. MrStrada Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    klr250
    INC-2016-06-00095. There it is mate :)
  18. ijones955 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha IT465J
    Just registered my issues as INC-2016-07-00109. Bike stalled whilst at front of traffic lights yesterday just as the lights turned green. This situation isn't good but in 2 years ownership you seem to learn to ride around it. Hopefully this will result in what should be a simple fix.
  19. PaulC F class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 2018 YZ 450F, 2019 CRF1000AT

Hey Dusty, how did you go at PFG?
  20. Hulksta Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra, 2007 TE510
    Any updates? Ive just bought a 2012 terra and have the stalling issue :(