Potential Australian recall

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Geeza, May 1, 2016.

1. Johnn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    T4 Moto Guzzi
    I've contacted AHG by phone looking for a supplier of parts. I was told they do not supply parts for the old bikes ie TR650 including mine which was purchased in 2014.

Before I lodging my form I contacted some dealers by phone who are still operating within reasonable distance from Newcastle.
    Chris Watson Motorcycles Cessnock, Power Sport Morrisett and R & D Husqvarna Emu Plains do not have the equipment/access to the servers to link with the ECU.

R&D Husqvarna are able to reset the error codes which appear on the dash.

Brison Motorcycles (BMW) have the equipment and knowledge but do not have the appropriate logins to access the servers. As an aside; Brison's also sell Aprilias which are imported by PFG which are supposed to be responsible for keeping the pre 2014 Husqvarnas on the road.:banghead::thinking:
    snail_72 likes this.
  2. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Top stuff John,all of the info re AHG and the Husky Dealers is relevant to DOTARS/ACCC, it is what people tell you as an owner which is important. Have updated the master list, re Brison's, if they are an authorized BMW Dealer they do have access to programming for the Terra/Strada/Nuda
  3. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Brad (not on the board here, IIRC) from Melbourne also joined the ranks.

His report Number: INC-2016-05-00044
  4. Geeza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada

Great work Glitch
  5. 27rich Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 510, TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990
    Logged.
    Number: INC-2016-05-00045
    Geeza likes this.
  6. Geeza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada

I have emailed all 8 Victorian dealerships and have received 3 replies - no diagnostic support. I will follow up with the non replies later in the week.
    DeLewis likes this.
  7. 27rich Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 510, TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990
    Bills motorcycle on main north rd in SA are apparently not able to get the code to unlock the there software to do any diagnostic work on the tr650.
    Cant even reset my service light. Very disappointing.
    vodka and Geeza like this.
  8. Geeza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada

Update - have contact all dealers in Victoria (8 in total) common theme - no programming or diagnostic capability for the TR650/Nuda.
    Sentiment from nearly all is that they have a very expensive paperweight ($8000 MOSS system).

Next steps:
    Keep encouraging the Australian owners to raise DOTARS reports/complaints
    Investigate the Canadian KTM solution/recall
    Notify ACCC of the lack of dealer support for the TR650/Nuda bikes in Victoria and other states as that information comes to hand.

If anyone has had replies from dealers in other states please post the dealer status.

Thank you, stay upright.
    PaulC likes this.
  9. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I had a chat with a KTM rep a couple days ago. This is my opinion. Nothing is going to get done until a lawsuit is filed, a lawsuit that alleges BMW and KTM CEO Stephan Pierrer have violated the terms of the sale by not providing support for the mandated 10 years.

KTM rep said to me, "IF I am worried about stalling and crashing, PARK THE BIKE" Really? Hey, I'll do that for 10 bucks a day storage.

The lip service is, "We are working on a solution". Really? What are the details? So, unless someone holds their feet to the fire, nothing is going to happen.
  10. Johnn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    T4 Moto Guzzi
    Lodged an online complaint with the NSW Dept of Fair Trading for non compliance with servicing as required under Australian Consumer Protection Law. As it is murky who is legally responsible , I've nominated Automotive Holdings Group Limited as the respondent with the rights to the Husqvarna name.

See how it goes.
    WayneC and DeLewis like this.
  11. vodka Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200R , Yamy WR250R
    Bloody hell.......then there is nothing in SA from now on..... Now it gets serious.......
  12. AzOzRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD, BMW, Suzuki, Kawi
    Gotta agree with Mag00. Fair Trading, Ombudsman... all those entities are worthless. They will even tell you (as one did me a couple weeks ago), that they aren't there to make anyone DO anything. All they are (their words) are "an entity to handle complaints. We don't force anyone to do anything." Probably going to need to raise a class action suit, involving all of us Husky owners. Wife and I have one each, so I'm doubly screwed when troubles arise. Love the bikes though!
  13. Geeza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada

I appreciate the input, however if we don't try we will never find out.
    Maybe I am talking out of my ass but the fact that DOTARS are in discussion with the ACCC is a good sign.
    The fact that there is an update for the ECU that will fix a large % of the issues is half the battle.
    If you have time to raise report/complaint with DOTARS that would be great.
  14. PaulC F class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 2018 YZ 450F, 2019 CRF1000AT
    The main issue, as you know, is "Stalling" and for the most part the solution is at hand.
    It is on the BMW servers, in the form of 8543015, the ECU firmware update for the TRs. We just want access to it.

The second issue is the ongoing diagnostics servicing. But we'll have to wait and see how the potential recall pans out.
    This can also be done via GS911 or Rhein, so all is not lost. ( but these work better when the platform is stable)

If you were to add your TRs it would take the total of TRs to about 10% with registered complaints in Oz. Thats a serious percentage.
    WayneC, Geeza, LED and 1 other person like this.
  15. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Dept Fair Trading/Ombudsmen are not the people with the power to force action in Oz. DOTARS determines the problem and then under Australian Consumer Law ACCC takes action as they have the power, the way all of this is handled changed in 2011 with the introduction of ACL when the States handed power to ACCC
    PaulC likes this.
  16. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Who oversees and or regulates your big corporations/companies if they are combining selling buying other major companies?
  17. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Responsibilities are split between 2 commissions, Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and Australian Consumer and Competition Commission (ACCC). In the situation we are dealing with here all of the aspects are within the realm of ACCC, had a bit to do with them over the years at a professional level and with regard to our helmet law reform. One of our touring crew is ex ASIC investigations so have some insight into how they operate
  18. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    So I was wondering what the similarities might be between Oz and the EU.

It costs KTM and Pierer Ind absolutely nothing, to do nothing about it. They will not lose any KTM customers, they will not be fined, they are not getting sued, the dealers will not drop them, there is NO consequence for kicking this under the rug.

But... if the EU agency that approved the sale/merger/deal and found the terms being violated, they would have a bit more power to make stuff happen.
  19. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Now you are talking, the only place where a Co has been sold and bought with regulatory approval is the EU and approval was a condition of sale
  20. Geeza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Have contacted all the QLD dealerships this week - all have said no to the ability to program or diagnose the TR650/Nuda.

So neither VIC or QLD have the programming or diagnostic capability for the TR650/Nuda and this information is now with DOTARS and ACCC for consideration.

This is the email template I used for my correspondence with dealers should anyone want to contact dealers in other states:

Service manager,

I am the owner of a 2012 Husqvarna TR650 Strada and I am trying to find a Husqvarna dealership that has the ability to service my bike.

In particular I am looking for a dealership that can program/diagnose the ECU.

Please can you advise if you have the programming/diagnostic capability for the Husqvarna Terra/Strada/Nuda.

I look forward to your reply, kind regards,

My name

Email: my email
    LED and PaulC like this.