Poll - Are you planning to buy a new KTM based husky?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Motosportz, Nov 13, 2013.

?

Will you be buying a KTM based husky soon?

Yes 32 vote(s) 20.3%
No 41 vote(s) 25.9%
No as I don't need a new bike 46 vote(s) 29.1%
No because of the cost 19 vote(s) 12.0%
No because i don't like KTMs 20 vote(s) 12.7%
  1. PBM457 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350SXF 2004 RM250
    I will wait and see what their price point is. I can't see the value in a $200 plus premium over an equivalent KTM model. I guess I'll go back to a Japanese MXer.
  2. Johnnytruetorch Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gs 1200 Vespa 250 BMX and Mountain
    Last week i almost sold my 2012 to take advantage of the good price of a 2013. After thinking more and more the thought of paying out 3K to make it happen I decided to hit the brakes. Im going to wait to see if a TE model comes out next year and also to see if it H has any identity of its own. Not just a Husaberg/KTM. It gives me time to feed my cookie jar and dream of a new bike in 2015.
    reveille likes this.
  3. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    The plate is very important to many of us.
    XLEnduroMan, reveille and ray_ray like this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Brother from another mother.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  5. Rough Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

If I wanted a KTM I would have bought a KTM. I am moving to Sherco.
    Radbuster and john01 like this.
  6. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Where's the "Maybe" button?
    2premo likes this.
  7. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    Mine has almost no resale value at all so I will ride it until I can get a new 200 KTM I wanted before I got this 150. I can get parts for KTM anytime from anyone with the click of the mouse.
    The other option is a new Yamaha 125 with a big kit and suspension work, in the end I will spend the same. Time will tell but I doubt it will ever be another Husky.
  8. richard kersten Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    klx 250s vulcan 900 yamaha stryker
    No next bike will be a 250x or 450x will have to see what deals are out at the time .
  9. Indorider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TZM, Suzuki RGR (2 smokers)
    Kelly, because of your posts I'm drooling for a 165. Might sell my 250 and get one if I can find one new or in great condition. I've always been a two stroke guy and while I love my 4T 250 I prefer the simplicity of a 2T.
    I answered the poll "No, because I don't need a new bike" but it's also about the price.
    It's almost as if they bought Husky so they could jack up the price and gain that market share they were losing. I guess we'll see next year.
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    oh heck yes I will....as soon as my red-n-wht '12 WR300 wears out....blu-n-yeller again? dig it. matches my over-alls and yeller boones farm t-shirt riding gear....braaap!
    454x likes this.
  11. huskyduck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    9 Huskys
    Voted no because I added 3 more Italians to the herd in the last 6 months.
    With 9 Italian Huskys & being 53 yrs old, I'm pretty sure I can finish my life cycle here without riding a KTM.
    Motosportz likes this.
  12. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Honestly I'd be more likely to buy a ktm than a husky. With the price difference for the same bike.

I liked to stand out amongst the hoardes of ktm guys around here.

I love my '08 165, I will keep it until I start running out of resources for parts.
  13. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I voted No for the cost as l reckon the last Husaberg TE300 would be cheaper than the "premium" brand KTM/Husqvarna....probably *gulp* buy a 4t TE310R (thats the Italian Husqvarna) then wait till 2015 for the 2t's and see a). How the Sherco is going in the real world with no kickstarter and b). what the 2015 TE300's are going to be like.
  14. uranys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00 wr360/02 wr360/09 wr125/09 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 xr600r
    Not in the short term my 09s are good enough for me. IMO buying a new bike is a waste of money, seems you can almost always find something lightly used for a lot less if your patient, especially off-road bikes.
    hawaiidirtrider likes this.
  15. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Already have my name on a 14 TE250. That being said, I still havent ridden the 14 TXC310 that I grabbed a few weeks ago.
  16. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    No, because I don't like KTMs (and the cost). It's not because I hate KTMs or anything, but their bikes don't suit me. They're too tall for one. They're ugly for two. Overly expensive for three.
    ray_ray likes this.
  17. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I voted no. I like my current Husky WR165. I will keep it another year. Maybe by then Husqvarna will be coming back to its own designs. I don't mind Husky sharing components with KTM but I don't care for the twitchy KTM handling. Maybe by 2015 someone will figured out how to economically build a WR165 / 175 Husky. I don't want a WR200. I don't want a CR125 either.
    ray_ray likes this.
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Thanks for the detailed replies... I'll keep riding my 250cc bikes for quite some time I hope and will somehow pick up a 450 racer for others to race here ... I have no use for a 450 trail bike... But not a new MXer if the prices are 5 digits .... And that is at least 2 yrs away from today anyway ... No problems with the new owners but orange is not a color I like unless its a bikini on a babe.

--
    I'll vote no this time due to the long time frame on a purchase for me.
  19. hawaiidirtrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 430 cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    01' cr 250 honda, 01 300ec, Beta 525
    I think the new ktm husaberg husky 2 strokes are beautiful.. That being said if I were to buy a new 2 stroke 300 it would be a Beta 300.. mainly because the electric start is the best design and most reliable from what I can see. I wouldn't mind a newer gasgas too. Those are pretty awesome bikes too even if heavier for a 2 stroke. My cr and my old gasgas are great bikes and set up pretty much.. especially my cr. I like em alot.. My 09 Beta 525 RS works awesome and is set up as well.. now my freshly bought project 82' 430 is the latest greatest fun project. It's the air cooled bike that I've been thinking about for 30 yrs and I'm not done with . It wont run 8 to 10k with all the mods like a new bike costs.. I'd want to do to setup if I bought a new 2 stroke. For me the reason to get a new 2 stroke would be to have a 6th gear and a reliable electric start. That isn't worth 8 to 10 k .. right now.. All my bikes work great as it is and they are paid for. Those new husky 2 stroke 300's sure are beautiful though.. I mean gorgeous.. I think they are the best looking new bikes right now.. I think the 12' Beta factory replica bikes looked the best before.. Really the cool class is the 2 stroke 300 class right now.. TM, Sherco, Beta, KTM, Gasgas, Husaberg, Husky are pretty damn awesome.. It's just what flavor you want. If I were to buy a new 4 stroke I'd be getting a Beta 498 factory made street legal.. But I'm liking my rfs powered Beta 525 anyway and the rfs motors are supposed to be pretty reliable..Hopefully. ..and paid for too. I would have liked to get into the 2 stroke huskies but our dealer on Oahu just never got on the ball with husky. They just didn't bring any in and didn't work with customers. I would have been an easy sell . I'm an old husky faithful from the early 70's and 80's but I ended up going Beta instead . Too bad for them. No matter. I'm happy coming in here and learning about my new old 82' 430 and having fun. I'm not into FI. I like a carb.

[IMG]
  20. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think I'm headed toward the Beta or Sherco 250 2-strokes...