Poll - Are you planning to buy a new KTM based husky?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Motosportz, Nov 13, 2013.

?

Will you be buying a KTM based husky soon?

Yes 32 vote(s) 20.3%
No 41 vote(s) 25.9%
No as I don't need a new bike 46 vote(s) 29.1%
No because of the cost 19 vote(s) 12.0%
No because i don't like KTMs 20 vote(s) 12.7%
  1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

While this is all true I can distinctly remember going to my bank in 1993 and throwing down the Husqvarna brochure and paying around retail for my new WR 250 along wiith the $100 or so a month payment. Most of this goes back to the Italians not planning on a future. Had they have invested in smart marketing skills things may have been different. While KTM sent ringer bikes to the magazines and developed good relationships with borrowed bikes and there check book Husky got beat up on! I remember reading how my 1996 WR 250 Husqvarna was such a slow bike. Ha Ha whatever. Then why would it beat a new aluminum framed Honda CR 250 in second gear roll ons EVERYTIME!! And BOTH bikes were jetted right and had FMF exhaust. Did it feel as fast. Nope. hooked up nice and got her done. Slow. My god with stock gearing and the 6 speed tranny you could say bye to almost any other bike on a fireroad. This little nightmare goes back along ways. Not having Kids bikes available etc.............. I can say I NEVER road a Husky because of the price just simply rode one because in my heart it was the best! And with a bullet proof engine and a slightly long wheelbase was and still are one heck of a bike. Nah I won't get over this a nope while I may test drive one (whats the point? It's orange just not orange) I will not buy one. My god they bought them really to kill them but make more money at the same time. Do a torture test on the 250 two strokes the smallbores or the 4-strokes and I am sorry but the Italian version in my opinion will prevail over and over. OK I'm off to the toilet again.....................................................
    Xcuvator and Clete like this.