Poll - Are you planning to buy a new KTM based husky?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Motosportz, Nov 13, 2013.

?

Will you be buying a KTM based husky soon?

Yes 32 vote(s) 20.3%
No 41 vote(s) 25.9%
No as I don't need a new bike 46 vote(s) 29.1%
No because of the cost 19 vote(s) 12.0%
No because i don't like KTMs 20 vote(s) 12.7%
  1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I wish the same thing, but I don't see that happening since all the designs and tooling have probably gone to India and China.
    Xcuvator likes this.
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    YES. TC 250.YOU CAN MAKE IT INTO ANY BIKE YOU WANT AND IT WILL COST LESS THAN A TE!
    LATER.
  3. Aussie Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    76 GP125,08 TE250,10 TE250, 11 WR150
    My son is leaving Husky to go to Yamaha (shame), I will be staying with Husky a new day is about to dawn.
  4. Phil M. Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 RM125
    I'm just going to put some money into my 2011 WR300 and ride / race it till at least 16/17. Who knows what husky will be doing then. I haven't seen the price tag on the new 300 yet but I bet it isn't going to be close to what I bought my WR for new.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It will be close, to twice as much.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  6. Phil M. Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 RM125
    lol they are smoking crack if they think I'm paying 11,000 dollars for a dirt bike. What do they think its going to do fly to the moon.
    ray_ray and reveille like this.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Show us the math......

I looked at a 14 WR250 at Hall's, $4699 discounted. I can't remember what retail was. '14 Husaberg TE250 from local dealer, $7125. Retail is about $8300.

'13-'14 Red Huskys are good deals for sure and they were cheaper comparing retail prices, but saying that KTM is doubling the price is not totally accurate .
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thats a reminder to offer S.P. a "half" glass of warm beer if he ever shows up at my pits or house.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'm inclined to think the same thing now. If the major differences of the bikes is linkage or PDS or plate or no plate, with the same engine and frame, SP appears to be using Husky to expand the bikes SPECS of ~almost the same model ktm bikes. Pricing has to be very similar to balance the sales numbers. Prices can float some to control sales numbers after sales numbers are realized in the up coming yrs ...

--
    If and only when we see the bikes differ in engines or frames or both AND pricing differences, then, we will see real competition in-house for the end products the customers are gonna ride. SP is turning into a sly business man to me ...
    FabOneUp likes this.
  11. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    Agreed Ray. This guy is all over the place. First wanting to make Husky compete with the Japanese market and seemingly making the brand affordable, and now wanting to making it a premium brand and now look...the sky is the limit! Now the ploy is to bring back "the legendary brand". I'm sure it hit him like a freight train when he thought to himself recently "hey...this is an easy way to squeez more money out of people for a KTM and just call it something else".

There are four "13 TXC 310R's left in stock at my dealer. I will find a way to own one. It is a truly unique and legendary motorcycle already here, today, and hardly anyone knows it. SP killed it without even considering its potential along with everything else. I have little respect for someone like that and it will make it difficult for me to ever like his white KTM's.

Kelly, If "Feck No" was in the pole, that's what I would have marked.
    john01, huskyduck and LandofMotards like this.
  12. Phil M. Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 RM125
    Anybody else worried that they stuff their out of spec motors in the huskys to keep the price down. Like the motors that suzuki sells arctic cat (I know I talked about ATVs, but I'm not a bad person). What about the Ride More program and other race support. I wonder how that will change
  13. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I guess we will have to wait for the 19% of folks that answered "Yes" to give us an answer...
  14. Phil M. Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 RM125
    or wait till they list their used HusKTMy for sale
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Yes, I think it is starting to sink in now. RayRay, understand why the early uproar you seemed to be offended by now?

I am trying to sell a kid right now to grab one.
  16. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just picked up my '14 TXC310R on Monday. Last of the red-headed Italians!

I will still probably get a new Husky, but not until 2016.

I hope there is still contingency going forward, but there probably will not.
  17. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    As it turns out, the new KTM contingency program has taken some steps in the direction of the old Husky program...so maybe there is hope.

www.ktmcash.com
  18. NYCMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 TE310R,13 Strada,
    Other Motorcycles:
    1977 Rm125,78 Rm125, 80 RM125...KTM
    I just bought 3 new 2013's so im good for a while.
    john01, Motosportz and fletchman45 like this.
  19. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It's not rocket science if I wanted a bike with the same rake and trail and suspension, and specs as a KTM I would have been riding one of them a long long time ago. Although my hatred towards KTM is more of a joke then anything when comparing the bikes I feel the Italian design is simply better. Even the old dated WR 250. Sure it is a heavy engine, however in my opinion much much more durable then a KTM engine. Lets see with time where this all goes. I haven't a clue. Most Husky dealers will probably cave in and sell KTM as well. With that making sense from a business stnd point. Pride would keep me from doing so. At least the name lives on. That is worth something. Had the bikes at least had and Italian engine of somsort available and a different wheelbase, rake etc.... and more separating the bikes I may jump on the bandwagon. If Gas Gas could lose the fat. And they are FAT and not PHAT that is probably what I would ride. If funding allows I will swoop up on one of these carryovers. Someone else will have to pick up in the parts department I think because there is no way to legally force KTM to make parts for ten years like people think and I really think they did kill a cub. Bet ur a__ they had Italian Husky's at there test sight and I am sure in torture test the Husky (Italian) would prevail 29 out of 30 times. Nope not buying and I think NYCMX has the right idea. Swoop em up RIDE/Have FUN/and forget the drama saga that still continues. Sp killed a cub out of sheer strategy. However the Italians poor attitude and marketing skills put them in the predicament they got in. I guess they got one thing right. Yes. Husky should be the premium brand as it always has been to me. But no I'm not paying $9,000 for a dirt bike. Ever.......................
    sabortooth, john01 and LandofMotards like this.
  20. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

You nailed it! Half the folks here would've never bought their Husky if they had to pay anything close to the MSRP on it.
    The brand couldn't survive having to fire sale the product model year after model year. No brand could!
    If you're not willing to pay true market value for the product how can you expect Husqvarna to prosper survive & innovate & keep up for the competition?
    Xcuvator, Norman Foley and Motosportz like this.