Pics of your 610!

Discussion in '610/630' started by Mike Kay, Dec 25, 2008.

1. NicaJohn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125 02 cr135 02 wr144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kdx200,2015 beta 430rr
    Thought I responded but maybe phone on way out. Griffins in chatsworth nj.
  2. jst1970 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
  3. KayDubbya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F650GS
    Terrace Mountain, near West Kelowna. Your basic Sunday drive. IMG_20160828_113141.jpg IMG_20160828_113519_hdr.jpg
  4. madart Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm610
    DSC05551.JPG Trip to zakarpattia, Ukraine
    bigjon and 1 wheel peel like this.
  5. Sean Moriarty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 907, ducati paso 750
    20160515_175039.jpg

Not a great action image or anything, but the best bike I have ever owned in terms of fun and reward

Tuned engine by HM Racing in the UK
    Gold Pro Tuning Package TC, TE, SMR
    Modifications
    577cc to 600cc conversion (cylinder ceramic coated to 100mm & HMR piston).
    Stage three cylinder head work(valve guides removed, ports totally reworked, gasflowed modified guides re fitted, valve seat position optimised for HMR valves multi angle valve seat job, re working of combustion chamber).
    Set up compression ratio(compression ratio optimised for specific application).
    Lighten & polish rocker arms (stress relief & more accurate cam tracking).
    Fit HMR camshaft, degree in (for maximum efficiency.

Excel Rims
    Talon Hubs
    Updated forks
  6. Hondarider21 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 husqvarna 610 sm
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda rc51
    My Eleanor.

Attached Files:

7. Huskyfatman Husqvarna
    AA Class

8. scottm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1984 xc 500 1982.5 silver streak
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm maico
    My 1999 TC 610

Attached Files:

9. mandolin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 ie '09
    Transylvania,Europe
    14495381_1268985066459126_6358661222955252698_n.jpg
  10. mandolin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 ie '09
    ps:where can i buy a plastic skid plate for my bike? :)
  11. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

12. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok so I have had a TE610 for a good few years. I have spent the last few days stripping her down, cleaning, servicing and pimping her back to her deserved former glory. [IMG]

Anyway an update on the bike - some new, some old mods.
    I lost the OEM tank, seat and front light and fender in a fire (along with 6 other bikes) but luckily saved this scoot as it was stored in a different building. Also luckily Xpat donated a 630 tank as he had fitted a Safari, I sourced a fuel pump off e-bay and sorted a seat (and most recently a Seat Concepts). I also did an airboxectomy - as some will know that the OEM one sucks - yes literally and figuratively - and can be prone to water ingress in river crossings. I fitted a foam pod Uni filter and cover sock under the seat in the battery compartment - the extra space for the filter was created by fitting a lithium ion Ultrabatt. This mod works brilliantly, especially with the power-up, JD Tuner and decatted and slightly shortened exhaust. I also fitted the 630 headlight and mudguard, HID headlamp and LED spots, Scotts steering damper, alu radiator guards, and a BMW Dakar screen. Headers are ceramic coated, Hyde bash plate, Pivot Pegz, TMD chain slider, Supersprox Stealth sprocket, Motosportz disc guards, ARC shorty levers, tail tidied and integrated LED tail light. Blazes had made some carbon fibre exhaust shields and engine cover protectors some time back and I added Husky logos and clear coated and have now fitted them. Yes a little BD farkelitis. So what I have is a bit of a 630 hybrid and I am in love all over again. [IMG] IMG_4889 copy.jpg
    IMG_4882 copy.jpg IMG_4871.JPG IMG_4874.JPG View attachment 75090
  13. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

14. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Do you have a part number for the Dakar screen?

15. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

46.63 7655 720

I have picked up a few 2nd hand. The nice thing about them is that like the GS screens they are cast rather than a slumped polycarb screen. Therefore rigid and very strong. You can refinish them very easily as well if scratched - wet/dry paper and polishing compounds with a buffing wheel. Come back like new. You will need to shape the front edge to match the headlight and drill a new lower hole. I bolted it through the fairing with rubber spacers as you want a gap for laminar flow. I have one fitted to my HP2 as well - really are great screens if you want one not too big but functional (and I have tried plenty of options on the HP2).

ROA2 copy.jpg
    Thumperama, DYNOBOB and scottm like this.
  16. Sasha Pave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 KTM XC250, 1974 Vespa Rally
    Just wanted to share a couple pics of the new headlight: Polisport Halo. It's cheap, only $65, but a huge improvement over the stocker. Then again, my iPhone flashlight is a huge improvement over the stocker.

It uses a standard H4 and the pattern is pretty good. Next I'm going to upgrade to an LED bulb and see if it'll do the trick. These things are DC correct?

I realize the blue color is wacky, but it's a requirement from my club :)

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. spondonste Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Spondon GSXR1216, GSXR1000K5, CBR600
    126b.jpg 126a.jpg
    Here's a couple of mine. At the moment I'm giving it a service including a new cam chain and high compression piston (and new exhaust wrap). I'm going to clean up the crank cases and probably paint the engine/ radiators just so that it will look in fairly decent condition. Current mileage is around 23,000 miles.
    Theo likes this.
  18. Wrryder Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cool air filter cover. Did you modify your stock one or is someone selling those?

19. spondonste Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Spondon GSXR1216, GSXR1000K5, CBR600
    I modified the original one. You have to get a larger piece of wire mesh to cover up the opening (I got black coated aluminium mesh similar to what you find on the very front of car grills) and I secured it to the airbox cover with hot glue.
  20. vivekjayasheel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 SM-610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yam RD350, Kawa KB-100, 07 Fireblade
    Hi Big Dom, I had a question.... why didn't you bolt the uni filter to the intake directly? I mean why did you have to use all that tubing?

I recently bought a 4" uni pod for my 610. I am wondering what kind of filter to add to the breather hose, since I will be getting rid of the airbox completely. The tiny K&Ns that people use usually are not available in India. So I might fabricate something on my own...
    pickles likes this.