Pics of your 610!

Discussion in '610/630' started by Mike Kay, Dec 25, 2008.

1. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I'm tellin' ya...grip heaters and waterproof/windproof snowboarding pants are the way to go...

Last Thanksgiving in Nevada and it was about 20 degrees and windy as all hell. We ended the ride well after dark (and after about 8 creek crossings...) after having trouble finding our way out of the mountains and back down to the valley where we were camped...

[IMG]

I'll say it again: grip heaters and waterproof/windproof snowboard pants:thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  2. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

Grip heaters would be AWESOME! My 610 pipe already has a black spot on it from where some genius decided to try and warm their gloves too long... This winter, I would ride if it was above 20... My Icon wind barrier pants are amazing. I need a new pair though, these are falling apart after 4 winters.
  3. johnnywad Husqvarna
    B Class

dukepilot, that has to be one of the nicest bikes I have ever seen...... :thumbsup:
  4. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    Almost forgot to put up here.... from my first ride back in CO and off road.

[IMG]

Just finished my brake in period.... damn that felt like forever.
  5. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Very nice TE610 "do it all dual sport". Break in period does seem like forever. I see you need a skid/bash plate, you sould call George at Up-tite and get it shiuped asap before something gets hit by rocks from the front knobby.
  6. Hoopdy Husqvarna
    B Class

MY Baby

Hi guys pics of my Baby How good R these things :applause:

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      78 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      55.9 KB
      Views:
  7. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Very nice! Are those Dirtbagz?

And I see you are in the habit of carrying around an extra gallon of gas, too :D I'd post a photo of mine with the 5gal IMS and an extra gallon on the back but it'll have to wait for PhotoBucket to finish their site maintenance :(

WoodsChick
  8. Hoopdy Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi WC :) Not dirt bags Andyz Straps Expedition Panniers, great bags fit heaps in they expand totally water proof and real tuff. extra fuel is for extended 3 day trip out in the sticks

ps about my first avatar ! sorry my bad shoulda read da rulz. :banghead:
  9. Lurkerlou Husqvarna
    B Class

Here's a few more recent shots of my 610 SM

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

WoodsChick I too swear by the heated grips............ that and taking it out and getting it really really dirty. These were just after a good bath.
  10. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

That is one of the coolest swingarm decals I have seen! Nice. Do you have a picture of the inside of your airbox cover? I need to open mine up...
  11. Lurkerlou Husqvarna
    B Class

The swingarm decal is a color shift and depending on the light it is black, grey, silver or even almost white. I haven't made the one for the other side yet but was thinking about getting the decal shop (where I bought the material) to make a few as I know a buddy who also wants a set of them.

I know Husky makes a decal in black for the SMRR and that's where I stole the idea from and they might be available but I really just made the decal with a pair of scissors and a pencil to lay it out.

As far as the airbox here's a few pictures of what it looks like up close.

After Shoo Goo'ing the screen in
    [IMG]

View from Filter Side As you can see I didn't cut away anything that holds pressure on the filter against the airbox. It still has the posts that the rubber feet put pressure on the filter and all the flat plastic tabs.
    [IMG]

All I did for layout was to drill holes from the air filter side of the cover in each of the four corners of each section to be cut out and then used a Jig Saw from the outside of the cover and connected the dots. It cut like butter and really looks as clean or cleaner than the factory cut outs.

The screen material is out of an oven charcoal filter that you can find at any hardwear store. I just cut it apart and painted it the color I wanted. I have to give a big thumbs up to the Shoo Goo as it's very pliable and very nice to work with and seems to bond like the Partridge Family to the plastic of the airbox cover.

It does suck more air than the stock set up but it just didn't make sense to me that they would use a huge air filter and allow to very small areas in which to draw air through the filter. You always notice two really dirty areas where it can pull air through and now the air will be pulled through the path of least resistance ........any or all of the open areas of the airbox lid. I still clean my filters just as often but I am noticing the filter getting dirty a lot more evenly rather than caked in the two stock areas.
  12. Thorton98 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice job on the air cleaner cover!:thumbsup:
  13. dhawker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mtne,

How did you get your bike up that road and keep it so clean? Looks like you had it air lifted up there just to have to take a photo. Beautiful!
  14. Lurkerlou Husqvarna
    B Class

I guess it would seem that way but in actual fact the paved road is about 10 feet away as you can see in this shot from the other side of the bike.
    [IMG]

Then a buddy sent this one he took with his high quality camera after 5 km of gravel road.....amazing what a difference a good camera makes.
    [IMG]

Thanks for the kind words guys and gals
  15. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

(yeah, I'm quoting my own post :p)

Hey, Hoopdy-

Here's mine with extra fuel and the 5gal IMS. This was taken last November in smack-dab central Nevada...

[IMG]

I'm leaving tomorrow for a week in Nevada and Oregon and should have some new photos for this thead when I come back:thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  16. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

17. Will Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mad Max the Husqvarna after playing on 30 or 40 miles of forest service roads.

[IMG]'

If you think the exhaust looks a little odd, you would be right. It almost fell clear off the header. It wasn't exactly factory when I got the bike and so far I haven't spent the time to make it work any better.
  18. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

Cool looking tires! What are they? Do you like them? Looks like you are ready to do some flat-trackin'!

WoodsChick
  19. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Same here,
    .....was about to ask the same question
    Looks like rain tires? --> :excuseme:

:thumbsup:
  20. Hoopdy Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey Lurker nice rock shaped extension on the side stand ::lol:
    I welded a bigger foot to mine so it woulnd'nt keep lying down every time i stopped fer a pee!

Hi WC have a great trip remember when you get back we want Pics :applause: